Current rigging of GoPros

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
6BD270ED-21E1-42DE-90E5-4D7C4A1F6748.jpeg

This is my current set up with my second GoPro Session camera to my 2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT. I added the second camera arm 2 weeks ago to the RAM mount arms and balls. The PVC pipe is DYI and attaches to a ball-mount on the aux light bar. The top is adhered to the screen and the RAM has the ability to add rubber-ball mounts easily. With this, i can shoot forward and back at the same time and it makes the roads/ride much more interesting on editing (IMO). Plus, i don't miss anything i didn't see while riding.

This is a 5 year accumulation of efforts to get the video i want to get while i'm riding. I went through numourous set-ups to get here and i'm satisfied with the results. Now, trying to find an interesting narrative to share so the video has a point other than riding here to there.

*I love the waterproof session feature.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So with them both facing you, do you record any footage of where you are riding, or is it all about you? :)
(BTW, I love RAM mounts for fixing cameras! :) )

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
So with them both facing you, do you record any footage of where you are riding, or is it all about you? :)
(BTW, I love RAM mounts for fixing cameras! :) )
They're only facing same direct for this picture to show the camera faces, i run with them facing forward and back, typically. I can also do angles that show the bike more and close-ups of the road too. ball mounts can go a lot of places and those arms make it easy to get interesting shots.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Wow that is quite the setup!

I just got a Hero 7 as a handlebar cam in addtion to the Hero 8 on my helmet. Still messing around with various ways to mount it. I'm also going to experiment with it looking to the sides and backwards too just to see how I like it.

I don't have a good suction cup mount yet (just a cheap one I don't trust) but I'm beginning to feel like I need one.

Reactions: Fool Moon

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
Wow that is quite the setup!

I just got a Hero 7 as a handlebar cam in addtion to the Hero 8 on my helmet. Still messing around with various ways to mount it. I'm also going to experiment with it looking to the sides and backwards too just to see how I like it.

I don't have a good suction cup mount yet (just a cheap one I don't trust) but I'm beginning to feel like I need one.

This my 3rd bike in 6 years and i've used RAM mounts in some fashion on all of them, but not like this. I used the C-clamp-adjustable mount and that fit anything up to 1.5" bar and i liked it (broke didn't replace). I don't use a suction cup, esp on the screen, the screen loses suction quickly. i have used suction on my tank-mounted speedo which is glass and nearly in my lap . I have adhesive ball mount on the top of the screen instead, it's the only thing not easily removable. Tad bit of a visual hassle, but worth it.
I have some other ball mounts on engine guards and sissy bar that i use for side/backwards shots. helps to get different POVs and also to shoot he bike itself, not just the road.

Reactions: HippoDrone

KapGranite

New Hampshire, USA
Jun 16, 2020
New Hampshire
I ride a
Victory Cross Country
I have the session 5 on my bars but I don't know if I am a fan of where it is at. I would like a more dead on shot but haven't found a mount that really fits what I want to do. Think that will be a winter project.

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
Cool setup, alternatively if you slapped a 360 you won't need to run 2 cameras to get both views.
Before i bought the second camera, i looked at the 360° cameras and decided against it for a couple reasons: The 360° was much more expensive, i already had the first session camera and by having two cameras, i can mount them apart and around the bike. A 360° camera is bigger and i didn't care for the "globe" effect is gives you. Each Session was about $100 refurbished on Amazon.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I like that Ulanzi case that holds the media mod as well ? Very nice
That isn't the Media Mod, you don't need the Ulanzi case if running an 8 with the Media Mod. That is just the audio adaptor for the 5/6/7 (& 8 for those that don't want to use the Media Mod) :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The Media Mod is for the 8 only and looks like this:

189553.jpg