Feedback Needed [clickbait] Boobs

Tash

Neophyte
Mar 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600s Bandit
As I now have your attention, please consder watching the 3 minute video below.
I need some feedback.

Especially on these aspects:

- Colour work (I like going all instagram filter on things, the black bars fake a gimmicky cinematic look too)
- Video length (I still think it's too long and can be shortened)
- Music choice (I'm nailing it slowly, before I thought i would keep it rock to go with the bike, but it's just not me, and I've been learning to just be me and not fake a 'stereotype')
- outro (I fucking love it, the stripped down, mysterious, quiet....)

I am yet to develop my channel fully. but I think my intro will be as the ones in the last two videos. simple text that fades in and out, maybe music, maybe whatever.

I need to make channel art, because it looks bare still.

I'd love to hear what you guys think on my channel in general, any tips moving forward, or steps to take.

Thank you.
I love you

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
regarding your concerns with the editing.
- Drop the black bars.
- Color enhancements looks alright.
- Good length
- Music is fine, but maybe a bit too present(loud)
- Outro sound is also a bit loud, consider fading the bg video to white for readability towards the end.

Now, one thing you didn't mention, but I noticed. Was some stabilizer going on. Keep in mind that some will even grow nauseous from it when you use it on actual riding footage.

Tash

Neophyte
Mar 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600s Bandit
regarding your concerns with the editing.
- Drop the black bars.
- Color enhancements looks alright.
- Good length
- Music is fine, but maybe a bit too present(loud)
- Outro sound is also a bit loud, consider fading the bg video to white for readability towards the end.

Now, one thing you didn't mention, but I noticed. Was some stabilizer going on. Keep in mind that some will even grow nauseous from it when you use it on actual riding footage.

Thanks for your reply!

Why 'lose the black bars'?

I like your idea with the readibility towards the end!

The stabilisation was in place, because at 60fps handheld it was even worse, so I went for the lesser evil...

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Thanks for your reply!

Why 'lose the black bars'?

The stabilisation was in place, because at 60fps handheld it was even worse, so I went for the lesser evil...

The bars should be reserved for your more cinematic shots and scenes, not for explaining technical details.

Also, I'd rather have shaking than liquified environments.

But then, that's just my opinion, see what others have to say before you decide anything.

Reactions: Tash

Tash

Neophyte
Mar 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600s Bandit
Thanks for your opinion, that's exactly what I was after.

Of course I'm happy to wait, but this is a complete war on here to even get a reply... like 20,000 posts in total.

Maybe it would be good to have the different sub categories of motovlog videos introduced and have more of an organised system.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Thanks for your opinion, that's exactly what I was after.

Of course I'm happy to wait, but this is a complete war on here to even get a reply... like 20,000 posts in total.

Maybe it would be good to have the different sub categories of motovlog videos introduced and have more of an organised system.

The vlogging section has become more difficult to find after the recent changes where one has to use a dropdown. So traffic in this section seems to have decreased a bit.

Hollow

HollowRides
Jan 4, 2017
Orlando FL
I ride a
Suzuki Burgman 400 Type-S
imo, the artwork in the outro is pretty damn good, but the heartbeat i dont fancy

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I've no problem with the black bars, but I don't look at it as a cinematic look, but just an aspect ratio difference in what you were shooting on and what you set your editing preset for. For everything else, the only thing that caught my eye were your interior shots that looked just a little hot in the whites. What kind of mic were you using there as it's picking up some nice sounds from your head scratch to your exhale. My thoughts on the heart beat at the end are it gives your vlog a forbidding sense, like something bad's about to happen.

Just my thoughts.

- Wuf

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts