Channel views jumped and subs

tomstc

TOMSTC
May 4, 2023
TOMSTC.CO.UK
I ride a
Yamaha MT-01, Honda CRF250 Rally
Hi All,
I don't frequent here very often but I do lurk, so the last few weeks my subs and views have jumped alot. I think mainly due to "bike reviews" which is great.
However those reviews were only because I was serious about buying a new bike, I cant keep it up its just impractical!
Those videos were super simple too, not much editing just one camera and me just rambling really, but retention is really high!
Do you guys find anything similar to this?

Slorida

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2023
Oldham
I ride a
Honda CBR500R, Honda NC750S and Triumph Sprint ST1050.
Reviews do seem to do better than other styles of video, except maybe for road rage and poor driving videos. My top videos would fit into these categories, easily out performing my other videos, but, like you, I just don't have the option to continue going down that path.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Hi All,
I don't frequent here very often but I do lurk, so the last few weeks my subs and views have jumped alot. I think mainly due to "bike reviews" which is great.
However those reviews were only because I was serious about buying a new bike, I cant keep it up its just impractical!
Those videos were super simple too, not much editing just one camera and me just rambling really, but retention is really high!
Review videos are a crowd pleaser. I frequent demo events because the manufacturers are trying to get the word out there. Doing a review video helps you and them.

It is much easier to attend a demo event than buy and sell bikes to make reviews. Plus you never know when you will fall for a bike that you may have not considered.

Here are my top videos for the past month and since my channel started (guess which of the lot I own)-

SmartSelect_20240625-110121_YT Studio.jpg

SmartSelect_20240625-110057_YT Studio.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Aye, reviews do great. I pop them up on my channel periodically to float my regular vids. I am not a review channel, and don't want to be, but they do help gain new subs... but a lot of those new subs will only watch review vids, or will only watch the vids with the bike I reviewed in them, so mostly I tend to review my own bikes, or bikes I am interested in.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Yep, like the others said - review videos do well for motorcycle channels. Like @HippoDrone , mine is not a review channel either... and review videos do poorly for me compared to my vlogs and parts installs and some other things I've done.

@R-Rated is right - sprinkle them in as you can, attending demo events to get the rides in, and see how they do.

-John

Reactions: R-Rated
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Moto Mengy General Discussion 15
R-Rated General Discussion 39

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts