Serious Can't Post A Video? - Read And Then You Can Post

EXEMoto

Wannabie Member
Mar 27, 2017
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja
Is that a minimum of 5 post every 7 days or just minimum and that's it?

PandaRant

Wannabie Member
Apr 18, 2017
I ride a
CBR1000RR
I get the rules and no I can not post anything yet and feel that it is completely acceptable. I can not find the section where videos can be posted however. I wanted to see what kind of content people are putting up

PandaRant

Wannabie Member
Apr 18, 2017
I ride a
CBR1000RR
I get the rules and no I can not post anything yet and feel that it is completely acceptable. I can not find the section where videos can be posted however. I wanted to see what kind of content people are putting up
Know^

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos

Menu > Vlogging Area

Cakep

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2017
I ride a
2015 HD Heritage Softail Classic
We welcome everyone to come and share their videos. We love finding new motovloggers and fully support you all where we can.

However, motovlog.com is not a dumping ground for your videos so we have come up with some simple rules for this section.

• To post in this section you need to have 5 posts per 7 days in other areas of the forum
  • You can reply to posts within this section but you CANNOT reply with your video posts (unless the OP has asked you to)
  • You cannot promote yourself or others in someones thread unless asked
  • You cannot keep bumping your own thread with videos. If we see this, we will delete the whole thread
  • Only members who have accounts older than 2 days can add threads
  • Videos are to be embedded not linked to
  • Posts in this section are not counted
  • Videos have to be embedded and playable here. They'll be deleted if not

Why have we made this rule?
  • Reduce the number of low quality posts to this section
  • Encourage members to be more interactive with motovlog members (We don't owe you views, you earn them)
  • Give those who interact with the forum more exposure while getting rid of the people who joined just for this section.

We don't owe you or your channel anything, if you want us to check out your videos, give us a reason for it and get involved. ;)

TO CONFIRM. THE SITE TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO REGISTER POSTS SO THERE IS NO POINT COMING ON, POSTING THEN COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO POST HERE, GIVE IT A FEW MINUTES, NORMALLY NO MORE THAN 10

Thank you for explaining the rules.

Reactions: dandoolittle

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Just a quick question regarding posting, and I know I was a bit overzealous trying by about 7 hours, but when I tried to post a video, it said that I could not (understandably it still considers my account to be only one day old until a couple hours from now). It does say that my account would need to be over 4 days old.

The original post and just about everywhere else on the site says 48 hours old to post links. Was there a rule update? Or is that a typo in the criteria message?

I'm just curious and hoping to not have to sift through 10 pages of posts looking for a single entry.

Thank you,

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
There's a time restriction as well as a post restriction. Can't remember what it is offhand, but it'll let you when you qualify.

Don't forget to contribute and not spam your way to eligibility as we can reset your stats before you get there ;)

Reactions: Superballs

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I certainly hope my posts are not considered spammy :) I like to write novels and I'm starting to make some friends here. I was just a little confused since there were so many references (OP from Dan included) saying that your account needs to be 2 days old to post links here, and the pop up I got said 4.

I mean, I can wait, it's all good, and I'd prefer this to having a bunch of single post members fly in, post and never come back. Was just a bit disappointed as my post had a long intro (thankfully it's actually saved as a draft).

I am certain though that if you took the time to see my post history, you would find that I'm simply not capable of getting my point across in few words :)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Some stuff got tweaked!

Need to find all the references and rewrite them in to an FAQ. I've been saying I'll do it for over a year now.... :)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
You certainly will. Don't forget us when you reach the heady heights!

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
I certainly hope my posts are not considered spammy :) I like to write novels and I'm starting to make some friends here. I was just a little confused since there were so many references (OP from Dan included) saying that your account needs to be 2 days old to post links here, and the pop up I got said 4.

I mean, I can wait, it's all good, and I'd prefer this to having a bunch of single post members fly in, post and never come back. Was just a bit disappointed as my post had a long intro (thankfully it's actually saved as a draft).

I am certain though that if you took the time to see my post history, you would find that I'm simply not capable of getting my point across in few words :)

I like to write lots and chat and build relationships but don't wana come off as spammy as well :)

Reactions: Superballs

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Yeah same here.

I realized that I'd hit the 20 post threshold in a few hours.

I always have an opinion on everything, right or wrong, but I always hope that I might have even a little insight or a different point of view that might give someone an idea about something so I put it out there whenever I can.

Reactions: Jafnhaar

JW Gortney

Wannabie Member
Nov 22, 2017
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
I don't post a whole lot and am so far unable to post videos, but I'm totally ok with that. I think the rules dan has put down are very fair and will do a lot to keep the forum focused on its purpose. My interactions here have been extremely positive and most everyone is more than willing to help out with any questions I may have with just about anything related to motovlogging. Noone here owes me anything especially views on my tiny little youtube channel, but they are a wealth of knowledge on anything related. I have seen several forums turn into a place to whore for subs and views. Posts are just clogged with ad after ad for everyones channel. It gets to a point where the subject of the thread is completely lost. I'm glad that here they are keeping that at bay. Once it gets going it is really difficult to stop.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts