Can Using copyrighted music help?

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
I've been trying to back off on the copyright claims. I really shouldn't need to as I have a membership for great free license material. However, in some instances a certain song just fits too well with the message I try to convey.

chris 2WJ

Wannabie Member
May 29, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Ducati Hyperstrada
I'll add to this with my recent experience. If running a complex 20min+ edit while copyrighted music at various playing in the background alonside the sound of a termignoni and other various foreground noises, the algorithm fails to detect any copyrighted material. To prevent against a possibility of a strike I had to lengthen my outro music to a minute of uninterrupted playback then it was correctly detected. I had to abandon a 4 hour render and an 8GB upload but lesson learned anyway.

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
I'll add to this with my recent experience. If running a complex 20min+ edit while copyrighted music at various playing in the background alonside the sound of a termignoni and other various foreground noises, the algorithm fails to detect any copyrighted material. To prevent against a possibility of a strike I had to lengthen my outro music to a minute of uninterrupted playback then it was correctly detected. I had to abandon a 4 hour render and an 8GB upload but lesson learned anyway.
Not that I really understand much of that, but it sounds like a bummer.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
Not that I really understand much of that, but it sounds like a bummer.
I only use copyrighted music I have permission to use such as my subscription service at Epidemic Sound. The USA copyright laws are really strict when it comes to music. Even for a second you need permission to use it. It hard for fair use to come into play if at all..

Reactions: Drakhen99

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
It shits me that incidental music (ie playing on a car stereo when you are recording dash cam for example) can trigger a copyright strike/claim.

Go to a biker party and film and get hit with strikes/claims because of something playing over the tannoy? That's bullshit eh. Twats.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
It shits me that incidental music (ie playing on a car stereo when you are recording dash cam for example) can trigger a copyright strike/claim.

Go to a biker party and film and get hit with strikes/claims because of something playing over the tannoy? That's bullshit eh. Twats.
I know, it does not seem fair at all.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

Yeah I've had to overdub audio a few times just to "hide" incidental music playing around me. It sucks, but eh what else can we do really?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts