Bluring your speedo in vids

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I have been lazy with spedo blurring lately. I have just been using this big picture over the whole instrument display area, LOL.

View attachment 5745

That's hilarious!

I keep meaning to blur out where I'm going UNDER the speed limit, just to F with people :D

-John

• Haha
Reactions: YBGuy

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Haha, that would be funny to see.

I have some footage I shot today at lunch, if I can remember I'll do it. Had some epic failures in today's ride though, which ought to be good for a few laughs and a couple of cringes. Failure = learning, at least to me.

Hopefully the audio is decent [it was a bit windy].

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I have some footage I shot today at lunch, if I can remember I'll do it. Had some epic failures in today's ride though, which ought to be good for a few laughs and a couple of cringes. Failure = learning, at least to me.

Hopefully the audio is decent [it was a bit windy].

-John
I had a failure on my last ride too, somehow a couple of my flange bolts came loose that hold the front tac/speedo and headlight assembly together, will have to check if the video came out okay and will probably upload it as a Tutorial or Quick Edit at some point. I lost one flange bolt but was able to hand tighten the other flange bolt enough so I could make it home without the front assembly falling apart. Bought two new oem flange bolts off of Partzilla and waiting for them as we type.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My V7 has a tiny analogue dash too, not that the bike is fast enough to really worry, but it is small enough to not really be an issue as I can barely read the numbers on it while riding :D

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
My V7 has a tiny analogue dash too, not that the bike is fast enough to really worry, but it is small enough to not really be an issue as I can barely read the numbers on it while riding :D

Hey, anything that can keep accelerating EVENTUALLY breaks the speed limit :D Even my Harley ;)

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Nice idea! Slightly related... I filled up the gas tank on my truck the other day, and must've pressed the wrong button when I reset the trip odometer... well, it switched the digital speedometer to KPH... so it said I was doing 60 going down the road by my house. I was like WTF? Then I realized it was in KPH and had to laugh at myself. So, don't forget to switch it back after you're done recording? :D

-John
Haha, that is funny, and would be scary for a moment, at the same time. Until you realized what was going on of course. :)

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Haha, that is funny, and would be scary for a moment, at the same time. Until you realized what was going on of course. :)

Pretty much. If it's stupid, can be accidentally done, and doesn't hurt too bad or cost too much $$$ to fix, I've probably done it.

Ask me why I put lens protectors on my GoPro Max on Day 1.

And ordered extras when I ordered the camera.

And have to order another box, and I've only had the camera like 2 months.

-John

PS: The answer to the first two questions are in a vid on my channel... and the answer to the last one is in editing. Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid.

• Haha

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Pretty much. If it's stupid, can be accidentally done, and doesn't hurt too bad or cost too much $$$ to fix, I've probably done it.

Ask me why I put lens protectors on my GoPro Max on Day 1.

And ordered extras when I ordered the camera.

And have to order another box, and I've only had the camera like 2 months.

-John

PS: The answer to the first two questions are in a vid on my channel... and the answer to the last one is in editing. Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid.
Does the GoPro Max not come with a Waterproof and/or Skeleton Housing like the GoPro Hero 4 does?

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Does the GoPro Max not come with a Waterproof and/or Skeleton Housing like the GoPro Hero 4 does?

Nope - just the camera body, which is waterproof but not me-proof :D

They make lens protectors though, which are 100% Road Reality-recommended :D

-John

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Nice! I'll have to check that video out soon then. :)

LOL, those lens protectors are like a running gag in my videos at this point... first it was a few videos where I'm wiping the dust and dirt off of them with my gloves, complaining about how they pick up all the dust & dirt, and now I'm seemingly always damaging them by making the camera hit the ground.

I swear it's not on purpose! Also, I ordered a thing to make it easier and still not permanent to mount the camera on my bike to get badass shots, so we'll see if that works. My stupidity is giving me lots of reasons to ride & record, and lots to talk about on said rides.

-John

• Haha

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
LOL, those lens protectors are like a running gag in my videos at this point... first it was a few videos where I'm wiping the dust and dirt off of them with my gloves, complaining about how they pick up all the dust & dirt, and now I'm seemingly always damaging them by making the camera hit the ground.

I swear it's not on purpose! Also, I ordered a thing to make it easier and still not permanent to mount the camera on my bike to get badass shots, so we'll see if that works. My stupidity is giving me lots of reasons to ride & record, and lots to talk about on said rides.

-John
Do it! The more camera angles the merrier. I really want to do an escape cam (review cam angle). But all I have is a smart tree suction cup mount and not sure if that would stick to my very unique/odd rino liner fairing material. It would be nice to have some sort of screw down bar mount instead. But I think it is almost worth the risk to give this suction cup mount a try, maybe I can give it some sort of zip tie leash just in case the suction cup mount comes undone. Plus I would just be using it with this cheap Campark ACT74 action camera. So the biggest loss would be the nice 128GB microsd sandisk extrame card in the camera if the suction cup and zip ties some how came undone.

And of course this would probably be some sort of video that would require blurry speedo footage as well. : P

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Do it! The more camera angles the merrier. I really want to do an escape cam (review cam angle). But all I have is a smart tree suction cup mount and not sure if that would stick to my very unique/odd rino liner fairing material. It would be nice to have some sort of screw down bar mount instead. But I think it is almost worth the risk to give this suction cup mount a try, maybe I can give it some sort of zip tie leash just in case the suction cup mount comes undone. Plus I would just be using it with this cheap Campark ACT74 action camera. So the biggest loss would be the nice 128GB microsd sandisk extrame card in the camera if the suction cup and zip ties some how came undone.

And of course this would probably be some sort of video that would require blurry speedo footage as well. : P

I have a fairing mount for my Street Glide, and I've been using the jaws clamp mount on my wife's sporty and my KZ lately, as the second camera angle. I've done rides with the Max on the fairing mount, but if I want to run 3 cameras, I mount the Max on a selfie stick and it almost always goes bad. I love having the extra camera angles to play with, and animating the 360 footage in Resolve makes for much more fun videos IMHO.

I wouldn't use the suction cup on rhino liner - I can almost guarantee you it won't stick. Get a bar mount and put it on your handlebars if you've got the room. Multiple camera angles are just awesome - it's a real game-changer vlogging, at least to me.

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
I have a fairing mount for my Street Glide, and I've been using the jaws clamp mount on my wife's sporty and my KZ lately, as the second camera angle. I've done rides with the Max on the fairing mount, but if I want to run 3 cameras, I mount the Max on a selfie stick and it almost always goes bad. I love having the extra camera angles to play with, and animating the 360 footage in Resolve makes for much more fun videos IMHO.

I wouldn't use the suction cup on rhino liner - I can almost guarantee you it won't stick. Get a bar mount and put it on your handlebars if you've got the room. Multiple camera angles are just awesome - it's a real game-changer vlogging, at least to me.

-John
That sounds cool, yes, multiple angles could potentially make the videos more interesting, need to figure out how I can rig up a rear mount on my '04 CBR1000RR.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts