Anyone Used Sugru For Handlebar Mount?

ShiftHer

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2015
Chicago area
shifther.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ-07
Thought occurred to me yesterday of using Sugru to mount the GoPro mount directly on my handlebar, so it could be much, much lower versus the RAM u-bolt arm mount that I have now which sticks up kind of high. Has anyone ever done this? How is shakiness? Have you ever taken it off? Residue on bars?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I imagine the shakes would be the same as if on a bracket. I personally think bike mounted cameras are about the only ones where image stabilisation is useful :)

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I believe there are GoPro type handle bar mounts available, you don't have to use the RAM one. If you are going the Sugru way probably best to have a tether, just in case.

ShiftHer

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2015
Chicago area
shifther.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ-07
I have my GoPro mount Sugru-ed to my helmet, as well. Super sturdy. :) I don't have much space on my handlebars and would prefer the camera to be even lower than is allowed with the short socket arm, so having used it on my helmet is what made think of maybe trying it on the bars. Good thoughts on incorporating a tether!

Reactions: HippoDrone

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
Well I know it's super strong for helmet mounting. My buddy had his helmet hit by a truck ( he wasn't wearing it at the time ) and the sugru mount didn't budge even though it ended up jammed into the ground. So I'd say that stuff would be good for just about anything.

You will always get some vibration with a bar mount regardless so I don't see it being an issue at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts