anyone running 2 cameras AND an audio recorder?

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
I can feel your pain. Holding multiple cameras with an audio recorder is really a big mess. For this, you must have to choose the best camera and set the devices accordingly. Video editing is another task so must focus on this point also.

Reactions: Drakhen99

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
It will be easy editing it all together with the right software. I was using a pc and vsdc then vegas pro, it was so frustrating and time consuming. I can do things at least 10x faster having switched over to Lumafusion and an iPad and even sometimes my iPhone.

Having said that, I have a few multi cam vids I did years ago. 10 min plus that look and sound decent. Almost no views, lol.

TallADVer

Compulsive Hobbyist
Apr 13, 2023
Maryland
I ride a
2017 Honda CRF1000L (Africa Twin DCT)
Just a noob's opinion, but for my non-moto youtube work, I'm already used to recording to an external recorder of some sort, and syncing the audio and video tracks. In the studio I run a mic into an audio interface, and when out of the house, I can run up to two mics into my Zoom H1n pocket recorder. So, for motovlogging, it's just natural for me to do the same thing. Currently, I run a cable from my helmet lav mice into the Zoom in my jacket pocket. Having a dedicated recorder gets me adjustable gain levels, with audio controls I can actually access with my helmet on. And I also don't need a GoPro audio adapter, and don't have to mess around with cables running up to the camera.

After seeing MotoMaddox's pics above, I'm now thinking of doing something similar. Except, instead of mounting the recorder down by the exhaust, I'll just clip a second lav mic with dead cat filter, and run the cable back up into my recorder. The beauty of that is that both tracks will automatically be synced, and I can easily adjust the levels between them in edit :D

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts