Anyone Let Their Videos Be Used In A Compilation?

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Just had a request to use my video (when i crashed) in a compilation from a channel with 30k subs. Obviously this could bring more eyes to my videos but its also a spotlight on me being an idiot.

Anyone let other people use their videos in a compilation and did it help views/subs/etc?

Redmonkey

Wannabie Member
Mar 14, 2016
UK
I ride a
KTM 1290 Super Adveture
depends what you want from it? crash vids normally get good amount of hits if put out there properly. How many hits do his other videos get? , if millions ask for some£££ if not make sure you are credited with a link to your page.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Just say "NO", and report them if they do. I don't mean to sound like a turd but there's no sense in allowing it. They "claim" that they are not monetizing it, just making a compilation for fun, but I highly doubt so. Nobody goes about making compilations just for fun. And obviously they will not be paying you anything, so just say "NO".

Trust me, nobody will care about who the source video is from, and most likely the compilation would have blurred out your watermark or etc. I really doubt you will gain anything at all.

I could be turd wrong about it though, but I stand with my opinion. :)

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
A good contentmaker who asks you the qeustion if the can use your part should name or shame the author (you).

I have had 3 people asking, 1 i said no to.
The second on on his promise (with screencapt) yes. And the entire clip was labeled with my name and in the description box below was a link to the original video and to my channel.

Third one we are still negotiating ;)

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
If it were just a compilation channel probably not. I don't think people will really be driven to your channel on something like that.

Now I've seen other vloggers talk about other people's crashes before and I would consider that along with links to my channel and all that jazz.

As a photographer I tend to not let people use my content without getting paid too so if money is involved I would more likely be willing to allow use of my stuff.

I think it all depends.

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Just say "NO", and report them if they do. I don't mean to sound like a turd but there's no sense in allowing it. They "claim" that they are not monetizing it, just making a compilation for fun, but I highly doubt so. Nobody goes about making compilations just for fun. And obviously they will not be paying you anything, so just say "NO".

Trust me, nobody will care about who the source video is from, and most likely the compilation would have blurred out your watermark or etc. I really doubt you will gain anything at all.

I could be turd wrong about it though, but I stand with my opinion. :)

I'm not really fussed if people monetise it. I don't monetise my videos at all anyway.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Just to give a impression of how it can be done:

Nicely labeled and linked.

Mine clip is around the 5 minute mark.

And like i said before, i have seen a small increase in subs, so at least some people do take the time and effort to look at it. ;)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited

And like i said before, i have seen a small increase in subs, so at least some people do take the time and effort to look at it. ;)

That is cool because it shows the positive side of riding! Non riders don't think of us like that all the time.

MotoMisc

Move along, nothing to see here!
Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Cbr 954, cbr f4 stuntbike, fiddy =)

Think it all depend on the content it would view, and the reason behind it. :) and nice of you to help pushing :D

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
If they asked and they give you credit and you're not bothered

Do it - no loss to you

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
I recently had 4 channels, in quick succession, ask if they could use an old video of mine in a compilation video.
They all said they would credit my clip, and checking their previous compilations they are good to their word.
I agreed they could use it. I don't care if they monetize or not, at least they asked.
I don't expect to get any subs from the deal, it's just nice to have one of my videos get a wider audience.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I recently had 4 channels, in quick succession, ask if they could use an old video of mine in a compilation video.
They all said they would credit my clip, and checking their previous compilations they are good to their word.
I agreed they could use it. I don't care if they monetize or not, at least they asked.
I don't expect to get any subs from the deal, it's just nice to have one of my videos get a wider audience.

That also yes.

Have seen my footage around in video's where it hasn't been asked for...

Reactions: TriumfAnt

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
If they asked and they give you credit and you're not bothered

Do it - no loss to you
It really depends on how they edit it. Let's say you have a video where somebody cuts you off, then continues driving normally in front of you. After that you start cursing and swearing at him from behind into your mic.

If they edit it and take the video out of context leaving only the portion with you cursing and swearing at that guy for seemingly no apparent reason, it really paints you in a bad light. All just to get a click baity "Motorcycle Road Rage" video up.

Then again...these guys probably don't even ask for permission in the first place.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts