Anyone heard of esfilms.net?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Probably using the YouTube API to embed video, so technically the video source is still directly from YT. It's like what I do for my website, I use their API to automatically update video lists and etc. It's all streamed from YT. Only difference is I just add my own stuff, but in practice I can link anyone's stuff just need the link.

That one probably has a full on script doing the work thus just about anything or anyone is on there.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
@SighBored You just gave us something that might make sense then - why it has not snagged my last two published videos. If had them set to not allow embedding when they went live but then switched that back on after a bit of time.

Does the API just monitor when things are uploaded or how are the parameters set up?

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Just had another look and some of mine on there. Couldn't find myself by username but by searching for bike. Which is intresting as there is my two latest videos followed by two older videos that I have found on YT before.

1525427736980.png

Intrestingly it rips the descripition and as well as the tags.

1525427851264.png

1525427930532.png

The other thing I have notice when I click my name and it shows up my 'channel' it only shows my last 10 videos. Which on my YouTube channel dates back 19th Jan 18.

1525428162186.png

1525428702808.png

Checking the traffic sources in the analytics it shows a hit of unknown but that could be from anywhere.
1525428452906.png

If your videos are on there go and look at what your first video on there and then see when it was uploaded on YouTube. I'm curios to see if it started uploading our videos at the same time.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Just had another look and some of mine on there. Couldn't find myself by username but by searching for bike. Which is intresting as there is my two latest videos followed by two older videos that I have found on YT before.

View attachment 3264

Intrestingly it rips the descripition and as well as the tags.

View attachment 3265
View attachment 3266

The other thing I have notice when I click my name and it shows up my 'channel' it only shows my last 10 videos. Which on my YouTube channel dates back 19th Jan 18.

View attachment 3267
View attachment 3269

Checking the traffic sources in the analytics it shows a hit of unknown but that could be from anywhere.
View attachment 3268

If your videos are on there go and look at what your first video on there and then see when it was uploaded on YouTube. I'm curios to see if it started uploading our videos at the same time.

I know that it has my first video I published May 3rd, 2016. I watched through ESFILMS website a few days ago and the analytics still shows nothing on YouTube, not even the view.

It seems they are swiping content a few days after it goes live because it just grabbed my video calling them out on all this.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I have to say thank you to everyone digging to solve this mystery. PhatboyR6 called YouTube and they suggested filing a copyright complaint.

I checked into using the form and it seems it only applies to content actually on YouTube; however there is another channel. Fax or email a free form complaint to copyright@youtube.com fax 16508728513

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I found some of my videos appearing in random websites, i dont know what to think, those sites are like click bait to promote local and international brands.

Undead MV

Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Are those sights grabbing as much of everything on YouTube as ESFilms?
I think so, the curious thing is that they seem not to be related between them.

I could sin of paranoia but maybe robots create websites, they grab random videos from youtube based in some particular topic and then put them in their sites to gain clicks of views in other videos.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
They aren't messing around. They've took my latest video as soon as it went up on YT

Screenshot_20180511-221109_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20180511-221704_Translate.jpg

Undead MV

Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I just searched my YT Name, i found almost all my vids and even my profile picture, could this be a YT duplicator?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Looks like just another website offering youtube in a different language.

There are literally thousands of them. The videos will be streamed straight from youtube, thats why the edits show up instantly.

If you check your analytics you will see views from Russia when you watch a video on this site.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I think I found the key to keep these folks from reposting your content on their website.

You have to have the Allow Embedding option turned off when your video goes live to the public and keep it off.

Downside is that if you want to share a video on a website, such as this forum, you will need to turn it on.

Having it off does not effect posting your content on Facebook.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I just searched my YT Name, i found almost all my vids and even my profile picture, could this be a YT duplicator?

I suspect something a bit more nefarious. The website claims it is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Texas. Yet the ICANN registration is in Russia and the address used comes up in searches as being associated with complaints for scams and false websites.

Remember, folks in America were apparently being duped by Russian bots on social media. Also, YouTube wanted to tighten up on bad actors.

So, what if the website duplicates YouTube and in doing so gets less savvy viewers to give them their Facebook info in order to comment? Why would a website reportedly based in the US register out of Moscow?
images

Last edited:
Reactions: Undead MV

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
@SighBored You just gave us something that might make sense then - why it has not snagged my last two published videos. If had them set to not allow embedding when they went live but then switched that back on after a bit of time.

Does the API just monitor when things are uploaded or how are the parameters set up?

Depending on what access/info the script of the website is pulling from the YouTube API, that's what will be displayed. The API allows for a lot of info, I don't know exact details of the info that is shared via API, but if not mistaken, they need approval when requesting for the API access from YouTube, after that they can use the API in their script/code.

Like I mentioned my webmaster buddy set the script to pull the videos from various playlist I've created so whenever I add a video to that playlist as most recent, the website can display the most recent video of that playlist immediately. It's all real time so don't be alarmed how come your freshly published video shows up.. It's just script pulling the info directly off from YouTube.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Depending on what access/info the script of the website is pulling from the YouTube API, that's what will be displayed. The API allows for a lot of info, I don't know exact details of the info that is shared via API, but if not mistaken, they need approval when requesting for the API access from YouTube, after that they can use the API in their script/code.

Like I mentioned my webmaster buddy set the script to pull the videos from various playlist I've created so whenever I add a video to that playlist as most recent, the website can display the most recent video of that playlist immediately. It's all real time so don't be alarmed how come your freshly published video shows up.. It's just script pulling the info directly off from YouTube.

Thanks for the info.

It is still alarming this is happening wholesale because according to ESFilms own terms of service:

"
Copyright Policy:

ESfilms prohibits the submission of any copyrighted material without the user first obtaining the prior written consent of the copyright owner. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further details):

(a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;

"

So if they are indeed running an automated setup then they are not really getting permission of the those that have the copyright. According to YouTube policy in the US, we still retain copyright even after uploading the content to YouTube. This leads us back to ESFilms presenting itself as being subject to US Law according to its own terms of service but reality is they are registered out of Moscow Russia.

Still pretty alarming.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Well you can make a report to YT and see what they say..

Yeah, a couple folks have. The automated form won't take the URL of the ESfilms website. One motovlogger actually called YouTube help on the phone and they were referred back to reporting through YouTube's site. I found and posted the email and fax option above. I am still waiting on that response.

I remember back when I was monetized there is another channel to get in touch with YouTube but since the adpocalypse and demonetization, that method is not available to anyone not monetized.

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
Wouldn't worry I could code this website in about 30 mins from scratch. The google API allows this and the views etc should still be credited to your account. They are just using a different player rather that the embedded youtube one.
In all honesty as long as you watermark your videos and put card links in at the end it's all good.
So don't panic ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts