Anonymous Or Not?

2WDutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2017
Netherlands
I ride a
Kawasaki Z1000
you want to be looked at your video's and want a lot of followers, but still incognito.

It has someting like our friend jordanian, there are even Tubbers who try to get his face and hunting on him.

All about the curious of human, it could be help on succes of your channel.

RuckinScot

Scooter vlogger
Mar 28, 2018
Okinawa, Japan
I ride a
Honda Ruckus
I don’t hide, I have no reason to. I keep personal stuff out of VLOGs but other than that I don’t care if they see my face. I either have subs that know me in real life or people in another country. So I’m a little less worried that I vlog for mainly Americans and live in japan. The only questionable thing I do is lane split which is legal here.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Personally I don't go full annoymous. What I use my real name of you were to Google it, it would come up with an American TV presenter. I don't go into detail about my personal life. I've mentioned that I go to college and to a certain pub on a certain night.

As for showing my face I don't think it's in a video but my profile picture has it in. But if it does end up in a video I'll feel sorry for the poor bugger who has to look at ;). I haven't actively cover my plate in videos cause I've not really been of the bike with the camera. Though I did cover it when it was my channel header image.

I don't go round saying that I make videos besides on here and a few Facebook groups. If someone stopped me and said ask if I did and say yes and tell them my channel.

For me it's just too much time and work to be fully annoymous

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
For me it's just too much time and work to be fully annoymous
I don't see how it takes too much time and work to be anonymous.. You just don't show your face and don't share any personal information.. But if people really want to look you up, they can surely find a way. At least they have to do the work on finding out. :)

Javiyellow

Motovloggers Unite!!!
Mar 26, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR800
I don't care about anonymity that much because I ave my social media connected to my Youtube page so if people really wanted to see what I look like then they can. But I keep my address hidden.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I don't see how it takes too much time and work to be anonymous.. You just don't show your face and don't share any personal information.. But if people really want to look you up, they can surely find a way. At least they have to do the work on finding out. :)

What I mean is if I happen to show up in a reflection of something I'm not going to blur it out. I'm not out actively showing my face.

Reactions: SighBored

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I don't care about anonymity that much because I ave my social media connected to my Youtube page so if people really wanted to see what I look like then they can. But I keep my address hidden.
Me too. I regularly show my face on camera, I don't even bother to censor my plate number either since in Singapore the general public cannot get any info out of it, only the authorities can. And I am not afraid of the authorities because I am not into stunting or speeding or hooning.

But what I will do my utmost to hide will be my family and my address. Anonymity may give you that mysterious factor that appeals to some people, it's like withholding candy until a kid finishes his broccoli, so your viewers just stick around hoping to catch a glimpse, but when you're big enough people will try to find out who your are and it gets intrusive.

Might as well get that out of the way and make your face a cheap thing that everyone knows anyway so there is no novelty to it.

Reactions: Skyd

Apr 6, 2018
I've worked in and out of the motorcycle industry professionally for years now. Also been motorcycle blogging (with a b) for almost a decade. I stopped having the luxury of anonymity a long time ago, however, I would say you need to build a following based around YOU. There's a ton of moto-bloggers and moto-vloggers out there. I've gotten my sites up to to 30,000 to 60,000 monthly visitors. If you don't have your own unique you-ness, you're just another faceless, nameless, non-descript blogger/vlogger. Don't be afraid to make it personal.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Apr 6, 2018
PS: 've also shown where I live, my street, inside and outside of my home, in my motovlogs. The rooms and the stuff in and out of my home are part of the story. Sometimes they're even more like actors than extras.

I'm not particularly worried about it. The house has cameras all round. I'm fairly armed for a Canadian. My basement tenant (also a rider) was a pro rugby player in Ireland. He's built like a house lol. The dog hears everything.

But let's be real, no one's coming for signatures or to try to rob me lol

BeardGiant

The Bearded Giant
Apr 4, 2018
Oregon, USA
I ride a
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
My YouTube channel is based on me "The Bearded Giant" I am 6'5" and 386 lbs and what I like to do. So, it is hard to miss a giant man with a beard. I embrace it, I was in a commercial years ago. I am a natural magnet for dudes to come up to talk to anyway.

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
I think I'm in the mid-range of anonymity. I show my face, share my name but thats about it. I don't want folks knowing where I live and work for lots of reasons.
Mostly its because people are crazy these days and I worry that someone may target me or my family. Thats not to say I'm not prepared, I work in security and have served some time in the military...I'm pretty confident with my own security at home but I'd rather avoid issues if I can.
I don't bother hiding my face because I want people to recognize me should my channel start to get a large following, I want to be able to connect with folks who share my interests.

Reactions: BeardGiant

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I think I'm in the mid-range of anonymity. I show my face, share my name but thats about it. I don't want folks knowing where I live and work for lots of reasons.
Mostly its because people are crazy these days and I worry that someone may target me or my family. Thats not to say I'm not prepared, I work in security and have served some time in the military...I'm pretty confident with my own security at home but I'd rather avoid issues if I can.
I don't bother hiding my face because I want people to recognize me should my channel start to get a large following, I want to be able to connect with folks who share my interests.
Yea I agree. If you live in certain countries, especially the US, you definitely want to keep a certain level of annonymity and separate your Youtube persona from your personal life.

That said, I never cared to keep my own location, face, and plate numbers a secret, if it appears it appears because Singapore is a relatively safe place, not much can be done to you even if people know your plate number (except the authorities but I don't fear them).

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
There's no doubt revealing your face would help getting a bigger following and all, but saying not showing your face will not help is not quite true. People will still be drawn to your personality, be it on-screen persona or just you being yourself. Not having a face to link with your personality is definitely a point to be considered, but it's not a deal breaker. Since I don't do the on/off screen persona thing, there have been people that actually recognize me (without my gear/bike with me) just by the way I talk or my voice, that's pretty cool.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I do prefer to stay anonymous, because Motovlog is like my super power behind my secret identity

Reactions: HippoDrone

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I keep anonymous, but soon i'll reveal my face for some videos

CasB

Wannabie Member
Apr 21, 2015
The Netherlands
I ride a
Triumph Sprint 900
I don't really care if they see my face or hear my name. But I'm not gonna do 'selfie'-videos, just riding and talking.

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
I like the anonymity of it. I don't really want people to know me personally from YT. Friends that already know me are different lol. But random people that may watch my vids, I'll talk to em IRL, but personal content on the channel will be left as a mystery. I try to censor out all personal info.

Apr 6, 2018
*shrug* as someone who's worked in the motorcycle and automotive industries and been a blogger for 9+ years, it's made good business sense for me to go the opposite way. My blog is what got me my first job and got me started in the motorcycle industry, I was already known in the community when I applied so it sent me to the top of the list.

Reactions: Skyd

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts