Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Hello everyone,

I have been a Travel Blogger @ http://OneLivingLife.in and now, I finally got the opportunity to venture into MotoVlogging.

Yes, I am a noob motorcyclist and I dared to take this ride to know my limits and abilities. So, I took a street motorcycle, a 200 cc Bajaj Pulsar at an altitude of 17800 ft across the Himalayas to Gurudongmar Lake, which is India's highest lake, permitted to visit.

It became an experience that shattered me many ways, but is a story worth sharing. I learnt a lot and next time, I will prepare myself better.

Since I am a newbie motovlogger, please let me know your feedback. If you find anything I should have described more or if you find any part boring, please let me know.
With feedbacks from experts here, I'm sure it will help me prepare vlogs that communicate with audiences in a better way.

Thanks,
Rudra

Now, here's the whole journey in bits:

And, here's Day 1 - (Riding for almost 16 hours to cover the plains from Kolkata to Siliguri)

Oh Yes! And A very Happy New Year to all of you :)

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Day 2 - The plan was to cover West Sikkim first. Riding from the plains (Siliguri) onto the mountains (Okhrey) amidst treacherous Himalayan roads. Had 2 accidents and an incident. One of the accidents (on camera) was a silly one where a dog caught me off guard and I rammed my motorcycle to the side. The next one where I struggled to lift my heavy motorcycle when it fell to the right and the last one riding onto an unknown road getting lost in Okhrey.

I could not vlog the whole thing as I had less clips from the ending part of the day. Also, I guessed it might be too boring to have so many voice-overs explaining the situation. So, I did write it in my travelogue.Hope you like them.

Travelogue from Day 2 - Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 2 | Siliguri to Okhrey

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 3 - Okhrey to Hilley Varsey
The last night at Okhrey had been nightmarish at a few points. Finding my way to the homestay had become a story to tell. Today the plan was to trek from Hilley to Varsey and it was just 25 kms away from Okhrey. The condition of my motorcycle was not good at all. But, the day was overall smooth and easy as I probably got a bit acclimatized by the physical exhaustion from the trek.

Travelogue from Day 3 - Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 3 | Okhrey to Hilley-Varsey

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 4 | Okhrey to Pelling

IMG_20161121_164625.jpg

For every day ends with an admiration... (View at the end of day from Pelling)

me%2Band%2Bsum.jpg

Handing over the baton...

DSCN5198.JPG

From somewhere along the way...

DSCN5218.JPG

Singshore Bridge

DSCN5227.JPG

DSCN5229.JPG

Rhododendron Wine

DSCN5233.JPG

A few stops in between

IMG_20161121_163515.jpg

Refueling at Pelling

MotoVlog for the Day

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 5 | Pelling to Gangtok
Started the day with a puncture and had to repair it myself. Later, a puncture repair guy found some issue with the valve. Overall, it was a good ride from Pelling to Rabongla with the Kanchenjunga Falls and Ziplining in between. Roads were good with some extremely bad inclined patches. A powerful motorcycle really better here. In this journey, it was nice to get acquainted with a fellow 200NS rider.
Before leaving for this journey, there were a lot of speculations about getting robbed/cheated/duped on the way. Instead, I got to meet nice people throughout. I guess, sometimes the world is way better than we think.
At Gangtok, John was ready with the permits for the next day when I would travel to North Sikkim. It was my first long ride to an altitude of 17800 ft and it was going to be exciting as hell.

Motovlog for the day:

Travelogue for the day - One Living Life: Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 5 | Pelling to Gangtok

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 6 (Till break) | Gangtok to Mangan

So, day 6 started early, as I had to get my permits for Gurudongmar from Gangtok. My front tire had zero air pressure and I had been dealing with this problem ever since I reached Okhrey on Day 2. None of the puncture repair guys could find an issue but every morning the tire would have no pressure. I rode from Gangtok to Mangan on the way meeting a bad cop who wasted 30 minutes of my time.

I hope the vlog can explain it all:

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Motorcycling across Sikkim | Day 6 (Till break) | Gangtok to Mangan
I tried to make it to Lachen before darkness and thankfully I could make it. But!! Oh boy!! The roads!! They were treacherous. I hoped that my tire could hold well till the end. Let the vlog explain it in a better way.

Motovlog for the Day after break:

The detailed Travelogue for the Day - www.onelivinglife.in/2017/01/motorcycling-across-sikkim-day-6.html

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Day 7 - Lachen to Gurudongmar & back

Waking up at around 3:30 am, the way below Zero temperatures made my bones shiver. This ride and this day was by far the toughest ride ever till date in my life.

Motovlog from Lachen to Gurudongmar:

The detailed Travelogue for the Part - http://www.onelivinglife.in/2017/02/motorcycling-across-sikkim-day-7-part-1.html

But, when I reached the top, it was indeed a heaven on earth. You are just there to stay spell-bound!!! When I reached here, I was so happy and so thankful to many experienced motorcyclists at xBHP and outside who gave the insights and know how on how to do this.

Motovlog from Gurudongmar to Lachen:

The detailed Travelogue for the Part - http://www.onelivinglife.in/2017/02/motorcycling-across-sikkim-day-7-part-2.html

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts