flyboypuoi

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2012
Devon, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
50cc 1983 Yamaha DT50MX
Yes, you read the title correctly!
50ccs! A whole fifty! The power of three whole raging horses.

So yeah, I'm Ryan, and I'm 16 years old (so forced to 50cc). Although soon I'll be 17 and everything will change.

My basic idea was to start motovlogging in a slightly different way. You see all of these people doing motovlogging, they all have their unique ways, but my unique feature is that I'm on a 50cc bike. This is appealing to 16 year olds and 15 year olds who are planning on getting a bike soon.
It's interesting because it's featuring the unpredictable ways of 50cc bikes, and it's just... well... different!
Also, you 1100cc guys may laugh. (Sometimes I get annoyed at the way hills, wind direction and fuel weight cause me to stay a gear lower)

My camera setup is... well... cheap.
I have an Actioncam 1, which is strapped to the side of the helmet, and pretty naff quality.
I have two MD80 minature cameras which have a bit more quality. One goes on the front, one on the back.

For the motovlogs, I put one of the tiny cameras inside the helmet.
It does the job, but it's terrible.
The main problem is the sound quality.
I joined this site in hope of finding a way of recording sound separatly.

So anyway, the rest of the info..:

Bike: 1983 Yamaha DT50MX in Black with Red frame
Me: 16 year old sergeant at 2469 sqn. ATC and advanced glider student at 624 sqn. VGS. 4 years of video making but only 6 months of motovlogging. Riding since I got a Honda 100cc pitbike for my 11th birthday.

Not much more to say, I think. I just signed up to this site a few minutes ago, so please be aware that I might not get it at first.
Please help with the sound issue! If it helps, I have a bluetooth/USB gaming headset which might work with something. I'm quite skint at the moment, though!

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
I'd never laugh, untill recently all my vlogs were on a 50 :D I must have about 50 videos on a 50 (doesn't seem like I've been vlogging that long)

so welcome :) I've subbed you DTMX are pretty fun

flyboypuoi

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2012
Devon, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
50cc 1983 Yamaha DT50MX
Mikesmotorbike said:
I'd never laugh, untill recently all my vlogs were on a 50 :D I must have about 50 videos on a 50 (doesn't seem like I've been vlogging that long)

so welcome :) I've subbed you DTMX are pretty fun

Thanks for the support! I think I'll need it, with this audio problem. I've been looking for a solution for hours.
If I buy a cheap microphone (3.5mm jack), is there anything I can connect it to to store the audio..? :? this is difficult to set up...

***edit***
I'm testing something tomorrow morning. I have earphones for my phone which happens to have a microphone bit too! I've tested it here and it sounds quite good in the helmet, but I'll see tomorrow how it works in motion with wind and stuff. I'll wear my neck warmer to close the wind gap.

Thanks again for the subsription! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hi Ryan and welcome along! :)

I record audio using a cheap Konig mic and record it with an Olympus DS40 dictaphone, just search for a used one on eBay, they're about £24-£40 used. Any Olympus (or other good brand) dictaphone should do the job. Syncing it up later is another kettle of fish though ;)

flyboypuoi said:
Also, you 1100cc guys may laugh.

Permission accepted :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts