400 Subs!

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I think my wife‘s afraid that the things I say or do would be embarrassing to our friends, or she’s nervous about how I ride (though she likes riding with me, she doesn’t like to go vert fast). I’m still trying to convince her to get a new riding helmet and a dedicated jacket, but she’s happy with what I do so I’m okay with that.

- Wolf

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I think my wife‘s afraid that the things I say or do would be embarrassing to our friends, or she’s nervous about how I ride (though she likes riding with me, she doesn’t like to go vert fast). I’m still trying to convince her to get a new riding helmet and a dedicated jacket, but she’s happy with what I do so I’m okay with that.

- Wolf

See, that's where you went wrong - my wife KNOWS I'm gonna say something embarrassing, because well, it's me. Also, several of my close friends watch my videos, and they've all known me for a long time, so they know what to expect.

Gotta set the bar LOW, my man! By the time you rise to everyone else's level, it's game over and you saved a ton of work :D

-John

• Haha
Reactions: YBGuy

Skyd

Wannabie Member
May 2, 2021
New Hampshire
I ride a
2020 RPS Hawk 250
See, that's where you went wrong - my wife KNOWS I'm gonna say something embarrassing, because well, it's me. Also, several of my close friends watch my videos, and they've all known me for a long time, so they know what to expect.

Gotta set the bar LOW, my man! By the time you rise to everyone else's level, it's game over and you saved a ton of work :D

-John

Solid strategy right there!

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I've accepted the levels of unknowns over the years. I post a lot of links to my channel on the various Facebook groups I'm a part of. I get likes, and hopefully views, but not a lot of long comments on my videos so I don't know if anyone watches it with feedback ideas in mind.

I haven't gotten negative feedback so I'm thankful for that. As a teacher I'm used to giving constructive criticism always with the aim of helping my students in their work, but haven't received a lot on my own work (in my case my motovlogs). When I do I'm always thankful and appreciative, because it helps me see things from a different perspective. I also know that's the nature of most YouTube viewers when comments are given. It's a fun activity, and shouldn't feel like work when leaving a comment in general.

- Wolf

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
To date my wife hasn't subbed, or even watched any of my videos, but she's not into YouTube, or even has an account. She still thinks I'm strange just for motovlogging.

My girlfriend thought it was weird at first too but now she's into it, giving me advice and criticism and such. Maybe she just finds if fun to critique me! :cool:

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I met my wife in art school. She was voted by the faculty in her department the top Illustrator of her Senior graduating class. She can be critical, and I think she may be afraid that if she sees something she doesn't like she won't be able to hold back her words.

However, she surprised me the other day and had fun helping me find some music for my next motovlog, so there may be hope yet :).

- Wolf

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
Awesome, Congrats Wolf! That is awesome, here is to 400 or even 600+ more!

Thanks and much appreciated. That may be true about views. I'm getting adds on some of my videos even though I'm not monetized. I wish I could stop that part though.

- Wolf
Same, this happens to me too, especially on my most popular videos like the Jarvish X Unboxing. I get ads. It feels so annoying, thanks YouTube for cutting us out of the money stream (NOT). : P

Thanks everyone. May get some Champagne before the weekend is over.

- Wolf
DO IT. : P

My first sub was my girlfriend, my second my brother, and my third was my mom, so I remember a time when I knew all of my subscribers personally! :D
That's funny, and awesome at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Congrats again! I just joined the "400 Club" myself... as of yesterday now [5/15/21] ... seems like just yesterday I had only 300 subs... That was a quick 2 months! :D

Next stop for us both: 500 and BEYOND!

-John

Reactions: YBGuy
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomstc General Discussion 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts