3M Sticky Pads on Fairings

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Morning folks.

A quick one today? Considering new camera mounting placements on the Z, previously I have either done the helmet mount or on top yoke of ZX6R.

Does anyone stick any GoPro mounts to fairings with 3M pads? And if so have you had any issues when you take the mount off at a later date?

Wee touch concerned will end up with marked areas or sticky residue. (which no body likes this early in the morning.)

Cheers for now.

Reactions: Pooley

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
You should be fine as long as the paint isn't cracked or weak, and removal should be easy with something like Isopropol alcohol or a similar solution to weaken the adhesive. And residual adhesive could be removed with the same solution or T-Cut works a treat too!

Reactions: HRMV

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I have stucked mounts on both the Kawasaki and the Honda, and got them off no worries before i sold them.
Have two on the Yamaha now.

Stay on there no matter the weather, and you can remove them with a heatgun or hairdryer ;)

Reactions: HRMV

Kawasaki69

Wannabie Member
Feb 8, 2020
I ride a
Kawasaki gpx750r
If you or are freind have engineering knowledge you might be able to knock a bracket or two up and you want have to worry about the adhesive residue left behind

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I had a 3M sticky mount on the fairing of the Gixxer, I found it it came off easy by scraping it off with the tarmac on OldHall corner at Oulton Park. :oops: :D
Hahaha... But was the footage worth it lol

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts