1080 or 2.7k?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Has anyone done any google foo to see if locations or individuals get throttled by YouTube? (ty for putting that up here @lupin are you able to show the 47second screenshot?

I got a more detailed explaining of the process. Overall the method will work however, there three variables we cannot control and two are on the viewer's end of the equation. I should have the overall video along with links to the final processed test footage up in 12 hours (got to sleep).

By loading the final process test footage separate, I eliminated a variable of our screen record programs may throw in of nerfing the resolution.

MV3city

Motovlog 3city
Sep 9, 2018
Poland
www.facebook.com
I ride a
CBR 600 F4i
I have quite a beast of a PC so not too long, my upload speed is quite good too. @R-Rated has been playing around at tricking youtube by filming in 1080/60 but rendering it when editing to 4k which changes the codec youtube uses on the video which gives it a better bitrate. I think he would get the same awesome results rendering the 1080 at 2.7k which would mean he could get them off his laptop and onto YouTube quicker.
YouTubers with high sub counts get the better codec on 1080 which is why the bigger names vids look so good compared to us smaller channels, but the tricking works. I am contemplating trying it too as recording at 2.7k 60fps is a pain regarding battery life.

Best advice ever :D

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
Not nowadays. Most new laptops and PC's handle 4k just fine.
Not saying they dont handle it, anything with a gpu can handle 4k video, its the matter of having a panel in the screen that handles anything above 1080p, so 4k videos would be a waste of time to render

Last edited:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think the laptop I had back in 2008 had a 4k screen, am pretty sure most new laptops now can display 4k. My crappy second PC even has a 4k monitor, they are so cheap now I think it is crazy to ignore the advances in tech.
Saying that, I still only record in 1080 now (used to do 2.7k) but I render in 4k as it makes the video look better when viewed in 1080 as YouTube runs a better codec for large channels, or videos rendered in 4k

Foreigner0

Wannabie Member
Jun 3, 2016
I ride a
BMW F800GT
I tried a test run recording in 2.7k at 60fps but the footage was very stutters when i downloaded it onto my desktop.

Im using a decent memory card so not sure what the issue could be... any ideas?
Might be the codec. 2.7K 4:3 @60fps uses HAVE. That plays like S*#t on the computer.

My favourite settings are 2.7K 4:3 @24 fps with shutter speed 1/48s, with an ND filter.

Foreigner0

Wannabie Member
Jun 3, 2016
I ride a
BMW F800GT
I tried a test run recording in 2.7k at 60fps but the footage was very stutters when i downloaded it onto my desktop.

Im using a decent memory card so not sure what the issue could be... any ideas?
I meant HEVC instead of HAVE. Auto complete sucks :(

Kjell

Philippine Rider
Nov 5, 2018
Mabalacat Philippines
kjelljansson.com
I ride a
Kawasaki Avenger 220 CC
Hi All,
I usually record in 1080p Superview 60FPS, but was thinking of experimenting with 2.7k 16:9 60FPS instead to see if the image is clearer, sharper and better quality.
anyone else had experience with this? what are your thoughts?

I like Superview but have found it sometimes recording the top of my jacket if I look down and I'm not keen on that.
I been dealing with this and the answer is it depends on what you are going to use the video for. If you use it for YouTube 1080P/60 is more than enough and truth is many people are having hard time see that as their internet does not support it in many cases. Personally doubt that you will see much difference.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts