Youtube sound tracks and editing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
Just watched a vlog by Carlsant1 and he had his own sound, mixed into gaps of a song linked in youtube to iTunes - so all official like.

Any advice on how best to do this? Can you do the audio editing locally and then upload and link the tune or do you do that in Youtube itself? Sorry for the noob question - but it's the noob section, right? :)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
When it comes up linking to itunes, thats all done automatically.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Yeah, the user has no control over whether a song gets linked to iTunes or Amazon. It's all between YouTube and the copyright holders.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Also the link doesnt mean your not breaking copyright, you still are. But YT couldn't delete every video with a slight infringement, a link to iTunes is the best compromise they have, to keep to record labels happy.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Chessecake94 said:
Also the link doesnt mean your not breaking copyright, you still are. But YT couldn't delete every video with a slight infringement, a link to iTunes is the best compromise they have, to keep to record labels happy.

Oh I'm pretty positive that YT can, and will remove any unauthorized video/soundtrack they want. What you're really seeing is the record company being smart and -not- telling YT to do that, instead they're using it as the free advertising that it actually is and providing viewers an easy way to purchase the piece.

I don't think it's a compromise at all, as that would imply that YouTube has some say in the matter.

LeedsRider93

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
Leeds, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Yamaha FZS600S, 2009 Daelim Roadwin Fi
Trinith said:
Chessecake94 said:

Oh I'm pretty positive that YT can, and will remove any unauthorized video/soundtrack they want. What you're really seeing is the record company being smart and -not- telling YT to do that, instead they're using it as the free advertising that it actually is and providing viewers an easy way to purchase the piece.

I don't think it's a compromise at all, as that would imply that YouTube has some say in the matter.

I agree with Trinith on this one. If Youtube wanted to eliminate copyright infringement they would just use the same technology as they do to link a song to iTunes to delete the video before it was published online. I for one am glad that record companies do not insist Youtube does this, I have heard some songs on youtube videos and bought the song afterwards. I think it is good, cheap advertising.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
LeedsRider93 said:
I for one am glad that record companies do not insist Youtube does this, I have heard some songs on youtube videos and bought the song afterwards. I think it is good, cheap advertising.

I'm kinda surprised that all the companies who are worried about the infringement haven't taken the same action. I've never bought a song because of something I saw on YT, but I've come damn close. It's mostly about me being completely effin broke. There's some -awesome- music that you'll never hear on YT because Sony/BMG has it's head so far up it's ass.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Trinith said:
Chessecake94 said:

I meant more along the lines of, if they delved every video with an infringement, a large amount of people would stop using YouTube, so they can't, because they can't afford too.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Chessecake94 said:
Trinith said:
Chessecake94 said:

I meant more along the lines of, if they delved every video with an infringement, a large amount of people would stop using YouTube, so they can't, because they can't afford too.

They do as much as they're legally required to do. They do check -every- video that's uploaded for infringing parts, but the stuff that is affected is effectively only from companies who have complained. I don't really think that they would lose very many customers if more record companies came out and wanted their songs removed. Those companies almost always have the official video hosted somewhere on YouTube. If 'vevo' means anything to you then you know what I am talking about. No company in their right mind is going to say 'I don't want that song anywhere on youtube.' It would be like pulling it off the radio. The only thing they would accomplish is losing exposure.

Again, it's really not up to YouTube. If a company like Sony says "That video is using music we own and we didn't give them permission to" then YouTube HAS to take it down whether they like it or not. Otherwise they themselves can/will be sued for infringement. See also: MegaUpload.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
*BACK ON TOPIC ALERT*

LOL - thanks guys, I think - so back to my original question - do I just add wtf I want with all the effort of selecting a track from my iTunes library or whatever in the vain hope that Youtube puts a link to the content rather than removing it? I'm sure I put a video together originally (one that's removed now) that I had added music to and it was removed.

Confused dot com? Certainly!

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Yarek said:
*BACK ON TOPIC ALERT*

LOL - thanks guys, I think - so back to my original question - do I just add wtf I want with all the effort of selecting a track from my iTunes library or whatever in the vain hope that Youtube puts a link to the content rather than removing it? I'm sure I put a video together originally (one that's removed now) that I had added music to and it was removed.

Confused dot com? Certainly!

Your best bet is to do two things. First, see if you can find the music you want to use on someone elses video on YT that's NOT a corporate account like Vevo. Second, upload just the song as a video and see what happens. Set it to private or whatever, there doesn't actually have to be video involved for YT to scan it and do their thing. If it works out, then you can go back and render a video using that song and upload that and see what happens. Doing it in that order will keep you from going through the hell of having to re-prepare/edit a video because you got unlucky with your song choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts