YouTube Premiere

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I guess this would be YT's latest feature. I watched their tutorial video about it, I think it's just a different way of showcasing your scheduled video. In the past you will just schedule it like normal, but nobody would "know", they just assume it will be up on the same day/time as usual. This feature lets you promote your upcoming video, something like a "live stream" feel, with the chat feature. Your subs will see the premiere thumbnail but will not be able to watch the video, the surprising thing is that people can like/dislike your upcoming video without even having watched it yet. I guess if you want to, you can premiere your video a few days in advance of your normal scheduled release time. I did a test run below to try it out, seen from a subscriber point of view. IE is crap so the thumbnail didn't display properly.

premiere1.jpg

premiere2.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I watched a Duke Blade video like this last night and I guess kinda cool that it has the live chat feature. I think if like yourself, you have enough subscribers then it could be great but I don't currently get enough traffic to have a live chat just yet! :)

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I watched a Duke Blade video like this last night and I guess kinda cool that it has the live chat feature. I think if like yourself, you have enough subscribers then it could be great but I don't currently get enough traffic to have a live chat just yet! :)
Unless the uploader schedules the upload to be published at the time where he/she is also online then probably that would be great. As for myself I usually schedule it when I'm not actually in front of the computer, else I don't see a point scheduling it as I can just publish it right there and then. I don't expect any much of live traffic/chat anyway so I'm definitely not going to be available on the live chat when it's published.
:)

Reactions: HippoDrone

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I don't know how well this is going to work. Already I see my sub feed filling up with stuff I can't watch.

C2W recently did one and it was almost a week before it came out, I think that would do more harm than good. He has now realized that it didn't work and is changing how its done.

I understand its all about building hype for a video, but we all know some creators will do it for every video they do.

Also am I correct in understanding that it only appears to your subscribers?

I might try it out in the not too distant future and see how it goes.

Reactions: SighBored

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The C2W vid came up in my notifications, even though I have not asked for notifications of his channel, so it seems to be a way to spam folk in the notifications. I follow C2W so don't have a huge issue with this, but I only want notifications for comments or replies to comments. I watch all the channels I sub to in turn when I am able to sit down and enjoy them properly rather than when folk upload them!

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Same here with Chase and I did get it with one other channel. I get why they are trying but I can easily see it being over used. But as long as I don't get spammed with notifications I don't mind. As soon as it becomes a spam fest I'll turn push notifications off.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I don't know how well this is going to work. Already I see my sub feed filling up with stuff I can't watch.

C2W recently did one and it was almost a week before it came out, I think that would do more harm than good. He has now realized that it didn't work and is changing how its done.

I understand its all about building hype for a video, but we all know some creators will do it for every video they do.

Also am I correct in understanding that it only appears to your subscribers?

I might try it out in the not too distant future and see how it goes.
From my understanding, yes the subscribers will see that "premiere" thing in their feed. That's why I think if I use it, it may be just "premiere" one day before the video comes up, so that it doesn't sit and fill up people's feed with videos they can't watch yet. If I am free enough to do this premiere thing that is. Will probably try it for a few and if there's no noticeable difference then I'll just stop with the premiere thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Discussion 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts