Youtube Keywords and Tags

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Evening guys and gals

So been thinking of ways to gain an audience away from already subscribed viewers and it would appear a good way is by folk hitting on your keywords or tags.

Anyone got any advise on best standard keywords or tags to use? Obviously there will be some that are channel specific.

Any advise will be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You don't really want to use standard keywords, but in the description if the video is say a review of a triumph speedtriple 1050 mention it in the first sentence and also further in the description too, I also suggest mentioning the alternate ways folk may type the name eg: Speed Triple & Speedtriple
Regarding tags, I do a quick search for the main subject matter of my video eg "MotoCamping" and then refine the results to show most recent and from that list open each of the most viewed and the ones from the largest channels, then copy the entire title of each video into your tags. It will add it normally as a single tag even though it has multiple words within it. I think this will help your video become a suggested video if folk watch their video. Be sure to only do this with relevant videos though as folk will just skip your video if it is nothing to do with what they were wanting to watch!
For reviews or help guide videos I def suggest editing the tags every few months as well, that way you can do the above with more current or popular videos on the same subjects! :)

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Magic that's the kind of advise I was after. Generally my tags are taken from the content of the video and this has served me well however just looking for guidance to help the channel grow.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
What I do is I put the title of my video as a tag, then I see what the top searches are for the subject and I put those as tags, then I put the channel names of related youtubers as tags.

Reactions: HippoDrone and HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
What I do is I put the title of my video as a tag, then I see what the top searches are for the subject and I put those as tags, then I put the channel names of related youtubers as tags.
Cheers for that.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
  • Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
One of my friends shared something with me today that folk may find useful, a list of words that may get your videos automatically demonetised and thus promoted less by YouTube:

Quite an obvious trend throughout lmao. I'd imagine some have fallen foul of the bot whilst doing remembrance or similar vids for World events (9-11 etc). Or does the bot merely highlight to YouTube admin the use of the term and it gets reviewed thereafter?

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Apologies. If you see the link below, there are more links inside the document, one of those links is a "Test Thumbnails" link which points to Google AI Vision service, here you can upload a picture and a computer will tell you what it sees. This is the same AI used by YouTube, so presumably a good test to see if your thumbnail will be flagged as inappropriate or something.

This is the Google AI Vision link where you can test an image

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Apologies. If you see the link below, there are more links inside the document, one of those links is a "Test Thumbnails" link which points to Google AI Vision service, here you can upload a picture and a computer will tell you what it sees. This is the same AI used by YouTube, so presumably a good test to see if your thumbnail will be flagged as inappropriate or something.

Ahh cool. I've not tried that... but generally my thumbnails are a pic of a motorbike so guessing don't flag up as much else! :)

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40

Oh frick. That's insanely useful. I'm going to start using this on all my thumbnails. You want your title, description, tags, thumbnail, and what you say in the video to all match up. Using this you can make sure the thumbnail is portraying to google exactly what you want it to.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I might not going to use it.
But i did share it across some other motovloggers groups (mainly Dutch).

Might be usefull for some.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Interesting. Never even considered that, but like @HippoDrone generally my thumbnails are pics of the bike or title screen. I'd imagine folk that like click sit would find this especially useful.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Most of the time my screenshot is a frame of the clip with text.
Sometimes i do a bit more, but that ain't often ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Discussion 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts