YouTube is telling on you!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Now we won't go into the whole sub for sub discussion. I do believe in repaying kindness as a professional courtesy.

So if you are one of those folks like me or into the sub for sub illicit activity :cool: but then skip out - YouTube on the PC shows some neat information about a commenter.

I will use my online pal and great motovlogger as an example:

1638382332163.png

How cool is that?

I audit my sub list and who I am subbed to from time to time after being burned a few times. I see this as being really nice to know.

Now for something unrelated but motivating on some level I suppose:
Qe5VlnP.gif

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
@Theodor should be 6.9 K in my opinion. I love seeing his par to the world and hearing his insight from the former side of the cold war.

Did you see his recent video about the old sub base? You might be able to answer what he was wondering about.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've not watched any YouTube for almost a week so not yet. Saving it all up for my upcoming night shifts :) but yes, @Theodor deserves far more subscribers than he has.

• Love
Reactions: YBGuy and R-Rated

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
Now we won't go into the whole sub for sub discussion. I do believe in repaying kindness as a professional courtesy.

So if you are one of those folks like me or into the sub for sub illicit activity :cool: but then skip out - YouTube on the PC shows some neat information about a commenter.

I will use my online pal and great motovlogger as an example:

View attachment 6107

How cool is that?

I audit my sub list and who I am subbed to from time to time after being burned a few times. I see this as being really nice to know.

Now for something unrelated but motivating on some level I suppose:
View attachment 6108
That's cool, kind of has an Instagram feel to it. I check my follows on Instagram (IG) from time to time, to see if people I follow are still following me, that is...if we had an "arrangement" haha. There are some people I follow that don't follow me back, but that's just because their photo streams are super cool, and I want to see new photos they take or come up with. On the other hand, some people follow me that I am unfamiliar with, but I think it's people from the RC51 scene mostly. When time allows I go through my follower list to see if anyone is posting things that interest me, then I follow back too.

• Love
Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I don't show who I sub to, but I do try to comment, not on every vid, but at least enough to show I am still watching and enjoying a channels content. I would prefer to only have subs who watch my content than have a far higher number who don't. I think I currently have around 200 out of the 3.5k subscribers who regularly watch the whole of the videos I post, many more click on and go without watching. I've tried telling my close friends to not watch at all rather than click and go if they are not interested in my content as I am sure it screws with the algorithm. It is great to have so many subscribers, but I'd much rather have less but have them actually enjoy what I post!

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I don't show who I sub to, but I do try to comment, not on every vid, but at least enough to show I am still watching and enjoying a channels content.

This little icon will confirm to whomever you comment to you"re supporting their channel vs just stopping by even if you don't openly admit it to your own followers.
:)

Pretty cool information to have.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Must be one of those partially rolled out things. I can not see this kind of info neither on pc or phone. But it is neat.

Reactions: YBGuy and R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Seriously, Theodor's Sub Base vid is fantastic! Love getting his insight into that part of the world.

And i try not to get to caught up in who is still following me or who pulled an Irish exit if i did go for the follow for follow. If you are into stats it is an interesting metric to have access too though.

• Love
Reactions: R-Rated and Theodor

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Must be one of those partially rolled out things. I can not see this kind of info neither on pc or phone. But it is neat.

You have to go into your YouTube Studio and look in the comments section under your studio video details. This is where this info shows up.

I don't really bother with it much myself as I'm not too concerned whether a commenter is subbed or not, I'm just glad they took the time to say something. :cool:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
You have to go into your YouTube Studio and look in the comments section under your studio video details. This is where this info shows up.
It did not on my pc. I don't have a studio on my phone though, so maybe there? I might check some time.

Reactions: R-Rated

Apr 6, 2018
I've had people sub to mine in exchange and after I do, they unsub. It happens in Instagram too. I don't respond to them anymore.
Honestly, my best advice is don't even look at the subscriber number. Just try to make the most valuable videos for people that you can, and then at the end of the month look at the growth rates. Both in terms of views and watch time, but also in terms of how many subscribers gained this month versus the previous one.

Side note: Obviously seasonality will play a huge part, but by the time you're in your second year you can start to compare to your first year and really see how it's coming along.

I used to spend too much time getting distracted with what others were or weren't doing or were or weren't interacting with my channel. It's not a track meet, it's a marathon. Don't worry about what any of the other racers are doing.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts