YouTube Audio Library

motionape

Wannabie Member
Mar 21, 2014
Jakarta, ID
www.insidehelmet.com
I ride a
Honda CBR250R
I think we all know about the copyright issues and how YouTube made an Audio Library for users to use in their videos. I just checked some of their audios and I haven't find one that is good enough for my riding video.

I'm really curios about this. Has anyone use this feature for YouTube videos? Do you have any comment/words to say about this Audio Library? The only thing that I like so far is the Opening Night only.

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
I had a look once. Spent about 15 minutes listening to different tracks and came to the same conclusion as you. Complete and utter wank! I've found much better stuff on dedicated royalty-free music sites.

Reactions: motionape

motionape

Wannabie Member
Mar 21, 2014
Jakarta, ID
www.insidehelmet.com
I ride a
Honda CBR250R
I had a look once. Spent about 15 minutes listening to different tracks and came to the same conclusion as you. Complete and utter wank! I've found much better stuff on dedicated royalty-free music sites.

That's why I am curious about how you guys react with this Audio Library. :( Right now I'm trying to find royalty-free music, but sometimes it's also hard for me to find the right one. Unlike just typing our favorite artists :p

15 minutes? I spend about 4 hours adding tracks to a video of mine before realising it was all absolute rubbish. Not worth the effort

That is.. a lot of time there you've spent listening to the tracks. They really do not fit easily, don't they :(

What type of music are you looking for?

There is a lot of free and legal music sites

I don't think I am looking for a specific music/genre. I just try to listen one by one, but of course it's easier to just search the song that I've known already. :p
I've tried to look around the royalty-free music from various websites (reference from MotoVlog forum as well), but I haven't find one. Right now I am just randomly downloading songs from TeknoAXE.

I tried using one of my favorite music (Supersci - Get). I love it, but I cannot upload it since it means I violate the copyright. Another thing that may help you to help me, I like the music from MizShift videos.

Riding Japan

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2014
I ride a
BMW F800ST
the you tube audio stuff is crap, i used some of it for introes in my "earlier" videos
i tried finding royalty free stuff on other sites but was annoyed with that quickly, need to register or what not. or half the "free" isn t even free.

my recommendation is to just search on youtube for royalty free, or copyright free stuff.
then download the video, throw it in the editor and delete the video, keep the audio.

motionape

Wannabie Member
Mar 21, 2014
Jakarta, ID
www.insidehelmet.com
I ride a
Honda CBR250R
the you tube audio stuff is crap, i used some of it for introes in my "earlier" videos
i tried finding royalty free stuff on other sites but was annoyed with that quickly, need to register or what not. or half the "free" isn t even free.

my recommendation is to just search on youtube for royalty free, or copyright free stuff.
then download the video, throw it in the editor and delete the video, keep the audio.

I also tried visiting the royalty free links, but hardly find the one that fits. I'm looking around in YouTube for royalty-free music such as AudioPad Channel :D

Nerb

Seriously not serious
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Motard: Husky610
Adventure: KTM1190 Adv R
Ok, try this:
https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?filter.license=to_use_commercially
its much easier to search. Playing a track at technoaxe takes about 20 seconds to click through to each track. At soundcloud, its instant, and they will just keep playing.
The link I share searches only CC music... but beware, most of the "mix"s will still raise a copyright issue on youtube. But theres millions of original tracks to choose from.

Teen Rider

Wannabie Member
Jan 10, 2014
I ride a
1982 Honda CM450
1987 Yamaha Jog 50
1986 Honda Spree 50

What do you use to download youtube videos?

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
I have had problems before with the youtube music library. They are free to change the licensing of the music from one moment to the other, then you get caught as a copyright violator when the licensing changes. That's what happened in the past with 009 Sound System for example. Free to use as long as youtube wants, then your video gets taken down or you get a copyright strike.

I don't use any copyrighted material in my channel but for some projects I contacted some artists trough SoundCloud and they were Ok with me using their music as long as it wasn't for commercial purposes.

motionape

Wannabie Member
Mar 21, 2014
Jakarta, ID
www.insidehelmet.com
I ride a
Honda CBR250R
Ok, try this:
https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?filter.license=to_use_commercially
its much easier to search. Playing a track at technoaxe takes about 20 seconds to click through to each track. At soundcloud, its instant, and they will just keep playing.
The link I share searches only CC music... but beware, most of the "mix"s will still raise a copyright issue on youtube. But theres millions of original tracks to choose from.

That is a helpful link! I tried that searches on SoundCloud for mixes, maybe I'll be using it on my other channel first just to find out which ones are okay which ones are not. Haha.

What do you use to download youtube videos?

My Internet Download Manager sometimes catches the YouTube video, and I can just click the button appears at the lower-left of my screen from IDM. If not, well I'll just open keepvid.com.

I have had problems before with the youtube music library. They are free to change the licensing of the music from one moment to the other, then you get caught as a copyright violator when the licensing changes. That's what happened in the past with 009 Sound System for example. Free to use as long as youtube wants, then your video gets taken down or you get a copyright strike.

I don't use any copyrighted material in my channel but for some projects I contacted some artists trough SoundCloud and they were Ok with me using their music as long as it wasn't for commercial purposes.

Free to use as long as YouTube wants.. That's evil. Haha. Well, I understand that the copyright is important for the one who makes it, but sometimes their fans would like to use their favorite music in their videos and share it with everyone with no monetization purpose, that's what I don't really get.. Was contacting the artists troublesome for you? Well, for example, is it worth to get through those processes if I just want to make a video for fun?

MotoJedeye

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2014
California
I ride a
Cruiser: Victory Vegas 8-ball, Ducati Scrambler
15 minutes? I spend about 4 hours adding tracks to a video of mine before realising it was all absolute rubbish. Not worth the effort

Yep. It's all crap. I tried several..all they did was ruin my videos.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts