Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Don't post your vlogs anywhere except the post your video section.

You can post guides/questions etc if the post has a minimum of 150 words in other sections.

Long story cut short, stop spamming video only posts.

Ill move video only posts to the relevant forum but I'll do it once only, ill delete second offenders

Reactions: ToastToGo

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Is what I did in my intro thread all good? Scroll to my last post to see it.

Thats fine fella. I have nothing against being promo whores, we wouldn't be vloggers otherwise!

However when people just post an embedded video, it gets on my nerves. That isn't sharing information or doing anything for motovlog, it's spamming a channel.

I honestly don't care if you posted a guide video but I ask that if you do, write some info about what it's about etc -

Reactions: Chandrajit

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Tell you the truth, I have stopped posting videos on this site. None get any views, probably because they don't hit the New Posts timeline feed. So it's just a waste of time posting them imo.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Tell you the truth, I have stopped posting videos on this site. None get any views, probably because they don't hit the New Posts timeline feed. So it's just a waste of time posting them imo.

That won't be changing fella. The days of joining up to spam videos are long gone

6 months ago no-one posted much other than to spam

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
I know what you're saying Dan, and I know your reasons, and that's why I don't post videos on here anymore; there is zero benefit. But isn't the site supposed to provide benefits in order to bring in more users? :rolleyes:

I do question the view that motovloggers posting their motovlogs on an exclusively motovlog site should be classified as spam. Spam to me was the kitchen adverts.

Some could claim "spam" on those posting responses on nearly every thread in order just to get Top Poster of the Month award :D:p

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
I know what you're saying Dan, and I know your reasons, and that's why I don't post videos on here anymore; there is zero benefit. But isn't the site supposed to provide benefits in order to bring in more users? :rolleyes:

I do question the view that motovloggers posting their motovlogs on an exclusively motovlog site should be classified as spam. Spam to me was the kitchen adverts.

Some could claim "spam" on those posting responses on nearly every thread in order just to get Top Poster of the Month award :D:p

The forum is way busier than it has been for the last 12 months.

Spam is not just chucking links, its putting content on that has nothing to do with the post etc

Signing up just so they can reply video only posts is about them getting more from motovlog than we get from them

Post video section gets auto posted on the social networks, thats way more coverage than ever before

Members have signatures, arguably the best promo tool. If people like your posts they'll check you out

If people want to sub or view videos then they simply click the vlogging link, they have a choice instead of being rammed down their throat

The video section has always had the least amount of views and hasn't dropped in web traffic since 12 months ago, even when they got removed from the new posts section it never dropped. Motovlogging is getting competitive and bigger, people dont sub or view just because anymore

I'd sooner an active forum with 100 members helping each other out, have a laugh or sort a group ride than 1000 members posting nothing but their YouTube channel

As for the top posters, it kick started the forum. You'll always get people trying to get trick it but you know what, least they normally give something back to motovlog other than me, me, me self promotion.

Reactions: SighBored

SenorAsssHat

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2014
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
Yeah I completely agree with Dan, I signed up here to get to know people and yes I guess getting people to your content is the name of the game... But I would never click a video that was just rammed down my throat but more click one that was informative and had something to do with the topic. I understand people have channels that need to be seen. So I get around that "Spam" thing by asking people to post a video related to example: Their camera quality or their mic setup. under that topic.

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Maybe there was a problem with the views statistics a couple of months ago? Every vlog post only had 1 view, suggesting that no one was looking at them. It used to be my main source for watching videos rather than youtube and I just got out of the habit of looking as I usually focus on new posts.

Thanks for explaining in more detail

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Maybe there was a problem with the views statistics a couple of months ago? Every vlog post only had 1 view, suggesting that no one was looking at them. It used to be my main source for watching videos rather than youtube and I just got out of the habit of looking as I usually focus on new posts.

Thanks for explaining in more detail

There is an issue with view counts at the moment. need to spend a few moments looking at that.

I think also, the forum is simply busier these days. I'll have a think about the video thing though but it defo won't be going back into the new posts section. I could change the vlogging link to watch videos or something

Reactions: O8ride

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
edit - Link on home page now shows "Watch Moto Vlogs" so it's easier to find

Although you can see the forum on the home page as well

Reactions: O8ride

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
I'm interested in promoting my channel while participating, it also aids SEO for those who care about that

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
I'm interested in promoting my channel while participating, it also aids SEO for those who care about that

Welcome to my world :)

Forums have a hard time with Google at the moment. As said I'd sooner a forum with 100 active members than 1000 daily video posts

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts