Your Process

BlueWolf

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2019
Birmingham UK
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tricity
Whats your process when heading out to film content?

Do you just hit record and then edit afterwards? Do you go out with a plan of what content you want to produce?, if so, how do you decide when it's good to use?

I'm just starting out and I try to plan a rough outline of what I want to vlog about but really struggle in being happy with it. I'm sure i'm just overthinking it, but I tend to find myself redoing the same topic over and over to try and get it right

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Depends on what I'm upto. If just going for a spin then I'll just chat about whatever is on my mind, but if talking about a specific subject then I'll just keep riding until I get all my words out my gob, then piece it together in editing. If doing a visit, then I only really get one go at it, so the viewers get what they are given! :D

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I'm a planner and don't tend to bring my camera with me unless I have something I want to see/do/talk about. This has backfired on me a few times as I missed a pretty awesome moment with an encounter with a bear, but I look at it as a moment that was just for me.

BlueWolf

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2019
Birmingham UK
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tricity
I'm a planner and don't tend to bring my camera with me unless I have something I want to see/do/talk about. This has backfired on me a few times as I missed a pretty awesome moment with an encounter with a bear, but I look at it as a moment that was just for me.

Hang on what??? you have to share that story at least o_Oo_O

Reactions: RideOnTwo

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
BlueWolf - I was riding south on route 3 in New Hampshire in the Whitemountains and a bear tumbled out of the woods into the road. I stopped about ten feet from him or her. The bear looked at me and I sat still thinking "At least I'm wearing an armored leather jacket and helmet if this thing gets angy with me". But the bear just mosied across the road and down to the Pemi river to oook for some breakfast. I hadn't put my gopro on my helmet yet because I wasn't planning on shooting anything until that afternoon as I just wanted to enjoy the roads for myself.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I find mixing it up is good. Sometimes I plan out shots. In the past, I even had notes for the dialogue. Like bike reviews or answering a challenge.

Other times, it is freeform. Just let the camera roll and the universe show me what it has to offer. Like rides.

Then there is the other. A majority of the time Mr. Murphy jumps out and mucks up things. So I take what is there and make something of it.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I know there are vloggers out there that jot it down and try to get it right. I have tried this with videos off the bike but when I listen back it sounds like I am a bad actor reading lines off of cue cards without emotion. Bullet points to make sure you cover all of the points can be good but it seems more genuine if it comes across like you are talking to your buddy usually. Hippodrone does this really well, when I watch his videos it is like he is leaving me a message on my phone of what he did that day and all of the excitement comes out in the voice. Unfortunately I have a knack for getting off topic and I often times will shoot 25 minutes and get back to see i forgot a few points I wanted to make. Back out and cover those points and edit them in. Usually I have a topic in mind and have gone over what I want to cover in my head but once my mouth opens I never know what is going to come out next.

I know this probably didn't help but it's me and that's what I am filming!

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I record all the time anyway. Hese a 111GB of footage from the weekend. If I decide the vlog then I will just start at some point. Usually I just go with whatever I think off at the time most of the time I have a idea in mind

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
99% of the time I'm on the bike I've got the camera rolling, mostly in case something bad happens. I just dump the footage into my external hard drive when I get home and clean it out every week.

Ever since I moved to external audio I have my recordings preplanned, topic in mind and ready to speak on it as soon as I sync my cameras up with my audio. From there I either verbally say "alright done recording" or I pull over and turn off my audio recorder and stop/start recording on my cameras so I dont have too much to scrub through when editing.

BlueWolf

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2019
Birmingham UK
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tricity
I know there are vloggers out there that jot it down and try to get it right. I have tried this with videos off the bike but when I listen back it sounds like I am a bad actor reading lines off of cue cards without emotion. Bullet points to make sure you cover all of the points can be good but it seems more genuine if it comes across like you are talking to your buddy usually. Hippodrone does this really well, when I watch his videos it is like he is leaving me a message on my phone of what he did that day and all of the excitement comes out in the voice. Unfortunately I have a knack for getting off topic and I often times will shoot 25 minutes and get back to see i forgot a few points I wanted to make. Back out and cover those points and edit them in. Usually I have a topic in mind and have gone over what I want to cover in my head but once my mouth opens I never know what is going to come out next.

I know this probably didn't help but it's me and that's what I am filming!

This is exactly me lol

Reactions: RideOnTwo

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts