Winter is coming! What are you guys planning for the snow season?

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
I used to be OK with winter until my old job basically left me for dead 30 miles from anywhere with a dead semi and -30F temps. Ended up in the ER thanks to a State Trooper who happened past. All so they could shop for the cheapest tow. Fwiw, the trooper found me a little over 3 hours after the truck shut down due to an electrical failure, road service took another 4 hours AFTER to get someone to the truck, and never even bothered to check on why I hadn't called again. They actually got mad that I left the truck.

Now I can't handle cold at all. Under 30, I'm pretty much useless.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I used to be OK with winter until my old job basically left me for dead 30 miles from anywhere with a dead semi and -30F temps. Ended up in the ER thanks to a State Trooper who happened past. All so they could shop for the cheapest tow. Fwiw, the trooper found me a little over 3 hours after the truck shut down due to an electrical failure, road service took another 4 hours AFTER to get someone to the truck, and never even bothered to check on why I hadn't called again. They actually got mad that I left the truck.

That sounds like a sue....
But then again, i have heard the weirdest things from the US xD

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

That sounds terrible, and a lawsuit in the making.

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
I've been getting a few ideas from some other vloggers out there about things you can do for content during the off season. I can make a video about what bikes I've owned over my life, talk about riding technique, or if I really want to generate hits, dance around doing yoga in a bikini.

NVARider

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2021
I ride a
2020 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
I honestly don't know what I am going to do. Posted a video today of what will probably be my last ride if 2021. Content for the winter months is kind of in the air. I have a vacation coming up. I'll probably film some of that and put together a video.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I live in Brentwood, CA. It does not snow here very often (maybe once every 3 years and it does not stay on the ground) and we are lucky if we any rain too. This year there has been a little bit of rain the last few weeks. So hopefully we will see a little more of that. We need it.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I know everyone's YouTube channel themes may vary, and I know it's late to suggest this now, but winter time is a great time to go through some backlog footage from throughout the year that never made it to YouTube yet. Or you could do a second cut of things you have already posted to give a different perspective. This second option may be a good one if you do not have much backlog footage. Another option is to do How-to videos or to show us your gear and what you don't like and what you like about it. Gear videos can be interesting and can be done indoors. : )

MotoPappy

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2021
www.motopappy.com
I ride a
VSTAR
I'm planning on doing a lot of mods and work to my Goldwing during the winter. Gonna replace brake pads, install side marker lights, add fog lights, install the luggage rack and third tail light, add a custom FM antennae to try to improve reception, and a few other things too. I'll probably have my bike half torn apart for a good bit of winter this year!
Sounds like a great plan. I was hoping to get a project bike this winter myself but can't quite get there fast enough. LOL

Reactions: YBGuy

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Well, looks like winter mod season is going to kick off with the wife's bike. She had a whole bunch of kit show up for it. New windshield, crash bars so she can have aux lights, hand guards, and some minor electrical kit for phone charging and such. I haven't even started ordering for mine yet.... lol. I need to rip the ECM out and send that and the seat off to get reworked.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Well, looks like winter mod season is going to kick off with the wife's bike. She had a whole bunch of kit show up for it. New windshield, crash bars so she can have aux lights, hand guards, and some minor electrical kit for phone charging and such. I haven't even started ordering for mine yet.... lol. I need to rip the ECM out and send that and the seat off to get reworked.

Thanks for the reminder... my wife's Sporty, which collected a whole 150 miles this season, needs new foot pegs. I have them on hand, but have yet to install them. I smell a how-to video incoming! May even have to plug in the heated gloves and go for a ride afterward LOL. That stupid little windshield is gonna let me freeze I tell ya!

-John

Reactions: YBGuy and nophix

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
ROFLMAO Typical Harley - so little ground clearance that foot pegs wear out in 150 miles. :p

LOL no, they've only been scraped once that I know of - and I did that on the test ride. The rubber footgrip bits have perished, so my wife took it as an opportunity to have me buy her fancier ones.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
If you say so.... :p

I do! The bike was lowered by the previous owner, in addition to all the other modifications [which I did a video on this past Spring], and making a left from a stop, I scraped the left peg a bit.

My wife has yet to scrape any hard parts on this bike.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
ROFLMAO Typical Harley - so little ground clearance that foot pegs wear out in 150 miles. :p
I had to replace the floorboards on my 2005 HD Heritage many years ago because they wore out "prematurely". It wasn't the low clearance which caused this, it was the oddly shaped roads I just happened to be riding on. Yeah, that's it, the roads were shaped funny! :p

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts