Winter is coming! What are you guys planning for the snow season?

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
I know not everyone lives in the snow belt, but a lot of us do. Wisconsin is coming up on the blustery nasty season. Do you all have any plans for things to do? Plans to learn new things or upgrade gear for better content?

I'm taking the winter to dive deep into learning more about editing, and trying to more advanced techniques. I'm also going to be experimenting with some different gear to see what works.

I would like to figure out how to do animated intros and better transitions, and to dig deeper into audio mixing and noise reduction.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'll be getting my dirtbike out a bit more so I can keep biking through the snotty times. I am able to keep road riding too most of the year, just need to be able to wash the salt off in the colder months.

Reactions: R-Rated and nophix

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
I'll be getting my dirtbike out a bit more so I can keep biking through the snotty times. I am able to keep road riding too most of the year, just need to be able to wash the salt off in the colder months.
We've debated getting snowmobiles for up here, but the snowfall is so hit and miss, and they're super expensive for something that may not get used for 2 seasons at a crack. Wisconsin is so odd. It's either snowpocalypse, or a dusting and brutal cold. When we had dual sports, I would get out and do some trail riding during the light snow years.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I have been postponing this for couple of winters already, I need to get my bike repainted. If I will have any funds left over, I also need to upgrade my IT side, but that is not vital yet.

Reactions: nophix and R-Rated

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I'm planning on doing a lot of mods and work to my Goldwing during the winter. Gonna replace brake pads, install side marker lights, add fog lights, install the luggage rack and third tail light, add a custom FM antennae to try to improve reception, and a few other things too. I'll probably have my bike half torn apart for a good bit of winter this year!

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I ride year-round, as long as there's no salt/snow/ice on the roads. I winterize & park my Kawasakis, but the Harley will sit for at most 3 weeks at a time. I have some content stored up that needs editing, and I'm thinking of adding another non-motorcycle topic to cover during the colder months. Just not sure on that one, my channel is already too diverse.

-John

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I ride year-round, as long as there's no salt/snow/ice on the roads.

Me too mate but we almost never have snow, ice, salt on the roads. Certainly not here in Queensland.
Sometimes the roads are flooded. Sometimes they are impassable due to bushfires.
But mostly sunny nice weather all year round :p

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I am going to lean into some maintenance topics for the off-season riding I think. Though I will be on the bike whenever the weather is nice enough for it.
Optionally I thought about switching to some ATV or Jeep content when it gets too chilly or wet to enjoy a bike ride.

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I have a ton of work to do on my garage, about a dozen projects that got put to the side over the summer on all three bikes, I have some ideas for my Dyna Build Series percolating, and I beleive that SEBASTIAN TODD BREAKWHITE will be returning from his Vision Quest/Walk-a-bout/Pilgrimage and will finally be energized to start his Aging Hipster Series.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
I ride year-round, as long as there's no salt/snow/ice on the roads.

So do I. That said I already have enough motovlogs filmed to carry me into next March, lol! I'll still film more from now until then, I might have a few weeks where I put out two videos per week just to clear out my backlog....

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I have a ton of work to do on my garage, about a dozen projects that got put to the side over the summer on all three bikes, I have some ideas for my Dyna Build Series percolating, and I beleive that SEBASTIAN TODD BREAKWHITE will be returning from his Vision Quest/Walk-a-bout/Pilgrimage and will finally be energized to start his Aging Hipster Series.
I saw Icky Roarick Jr. at the recent bike show. When he was not surrounded by throngs of fans I asked him about Sebastian. He mumbled something I could not make out then he looked out to the horizon like he was deep in thought. When I turned to look where his eyes were pointing, he disappeared. Only the rumble of a v-twin and sound of an electric guitar in the distance could be heard.

I later found out by playing audio back the only words clear were "hipsters never die and rock rules forever".

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
So do I. That said I already have enough motovlogs filmed to carry me into next March, lol! I'll still film more from now until then, I might have a few weeks where I put out two videos per week just to clear out my backlog....

I punish myself to trying to stick to 2/week... and sometimes I have a 3rd or 4th video. It's nuts, and needs to slow down. Unfortunately, I "date" my videos, usually by accident, and then I feel I'm forced to edit and publish them.

At this point I think my footage will hold me over until December.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
I hate winter, me and cold are not friends! :D
I have to admit, it can be fun riding in winter though! :D
When I was younger I loved winter, but as I've gotten older I think I'm just tired of it. We talk about retiring by moving down south in a decade or so, that way winter won't be so dang long or harsh. Maybe somewhere like North Carolina! :D

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts