Will your next bike be spying on you?

"FWIW, if someone is paranoid about all this data being collected, they need to just go off the grid and live with the nature."

Interesting point but in all seriousness here in the US a couple of car manufacturers had serious problems with the data gatherer LexisNexis who then shared it with insurance companies. Some customers saw significant increases in their rates due to that and others lost coverage. The really big concern was that some of the data gathered from vehicles was flawed.

So is it really being paranoid or just looking to be treated fairly and being fully informed?

Interesting point but in all seriousness here in the US a couple of car manufacturers had serious problems with the data gatherer LexisNexis who then shared it with insurance companies. Some customers saw significant increases in their rates due to that and others lost coverage. The really big concern was that some of the data gathered from vehicles was flawed.

Holy ****. I bet they hid it away in the T&Cs to prevent lawsuits too. "But you agreed to it..."

So is it really being paranoid or just looking to be treated fairly and being fully informed?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get ya

FWIW, over the past many many years, our data has been collected and categorically stored. The common man/woman has recently started to realize the ill effects and we're making some noise, taking some new steps etc.. IMHO, the deed has already been done and it is not possible to undo it. I see many people blocking their license plate numbers in pics. Don't see a point in doing that as anyone on the street can always post a pic of your plate and you will never know about it.

PS: Pardon my rambling this morning as the coffee hasn't taken effect yet. :D

FWIW, over the past many many years, our data has been collected and categorically stored. The common man/woman has recently started to realize the ill effects and we're making some noise, taking some new steps etc.. IMHO, the deed has already been done and it is not possible to undo it. I see many people blocking their license plate numbers in pics. Don't see a point in doing that as anyone on the street can always post a pic of your plate and you will never know about it.

PS: Pardon my rambling this morning as the coffee hasn't taken effect yet. :D
Coffee, soda, tea, meth - whatever it takes to get going :P

Yeah, the license plate blur is a touchy topic for some folks. I will blur IF requested like in one of my last videos because one of the riders did not want their family to worry about them. Otherwise the tag is government property and everyone should be able to see it ESPECIALLY if acting up.

7lYyZV.gif

FWIW, if someone is paranoid about all this data being collected, they need to just go off the grid and live with the nature. No vehicles, electricity, shopping with cash, no computers or electronics of any sort etc. and drive a 60/70's automobile that was all mechanical.

I don't think it's paranoid to be concerned about this level of data collection. If stored in a way that makes it accessible via the Internet it *will* be hacked at some point and the pictures you can build of people using it combined with other data sets might shock. It's not for us to react by going off-grid. It's up to our governments to protect us from it happening in the first place. If governments are unwilling to do so it raises important questions.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back