General Why you should NOT buy a Harley Davidson!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That's
A u.s.a. stat. Outside of u.s.a. it would not even be 5.
Harley don't even sell 1% of the amount of bikes Honda sell worldwide mate, then if you factor in the other Jap and India/Asia bike manufacturers, it is probably less than 0.5% worldwide! :)

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Harley don't even sell 1% of the amount of bikes Honda sell worldwide mate, then if you factor in the other Jap and India/Asia bike manufacturers, it is probably less than 0.5% worldwide! :)
To be fair....over here...f you ride our highways....it's basically hd, hd, hd,.....Honda..... rinse and repeat.

Reactions: scottrod

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
The quote I messed up after going back was aimed at the big bike market - over 601cc and it was an american stat.

All the jap scooters and mopeds, dual sport etc are all classed as bikes within the overall stats.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
If my only options were a Harley or nothing then I'd walk :D

Nice..

If i was given the option to dress up as a power ranger and ride a plastic rocket or walk.. id rather get the bus :D

Reactions: EDcase

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Nice..

If i was given the option to dress up as a power ranger and ride a plastic rocket or walk.. id rather get the bus :D
If Harely decides to do normal paint and seating and drops their prices on soft tails. I would own one in a second. The new engine is totally worth owning. But car prices for a bike is the issue for me.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Ooooh, gettin personal. I hope you never have to find out why we dress as 'power rangers' :p Of course HD's don't really go fast enough to need protection ;)

If its raining then I'd join you on the bus :D

Behaveee nothing personal man haha!

Everyones different. Be boring otherwise!

I love my Harley. Its fast being the V Rod and having the watercooled revolution motor yet has the look I like and want.

Id certainly add a H2 to the garage though!

What a machine! :D

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
If Harely decides to do normal paint and seating and drops their prices on soft tails. I would own one in a second. The new engine is totally worth owning. But car prices for a bike is the issue for me.

When you say normal paint what do you mean?

HD paint is some of the best on the market for quality!

They are expensive yes but sports bikes are too!

If you are talking a breakout or ultraglide then I get it but you pay 14k for a zx10 and under 11k for a 1200 sportster.

Two different bikes but you get the idea. Plus i would always buy one a year or two old if i was to get one of the newer models.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
When you say normal paint what do you mean?

HD paint is some of the best on the market for quality!

They are expensive yes but sports bikes are too!

If you are talking a breakout or ultraglide then I get it but you pay 14k for a zx10 and under 11k for a 1200 sportster.

Two different bikes but you get the idea. Plus i would always buy one a year or two old if i was to get one of the newer models.
Hd does the best paint in the world. In my humble opinion their is not a car or motorcycle company that is even a close second. They also put a ton of time into seats that fit the style of the bike and additional seats for every bike. That stuff cost a ton money and gets passed on to the consumer in the price tag. I Have done reviews on several of the newer soft tailsand I will say this. The new engine is so good damn good it's insane. But the price tags keep me far far away.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts