Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandsatsuma

Wannabie Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hertfordshire
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125
So, I have been thinking. Maybe next year or 2014 we should do a Massive biker meet and do this: Google maps link It could be a week long or so, start on a saturday at lands end hotel, and all leave on sunday stopping at popular places along the way and when we get to the end, find a pub. and get very drunk... Just a little idea, if something like this were to be organised who would do it? I sure as hell would.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Grandsatsuma said:
So, I have been thinking. Maybe next year or 2014 we should do a Massive biker meet and do this: Google maps link It could be a week long or so, start on a saturday at lands end hotel, and all leave on sunday stopping at popular places along the way and when we get to the end, find a pub. and get very drunk... Just a little idea, if something like this were to be organised who would do it? I sure as hell would.

If you're going to do it over a week, why not spice things up a bit?

Like this, maybe?

Just a quick example of throwing in some great roads along the way. The roads down from the Loch Ness are awesome, and I also threw in Snake Pass, the Cat and Fiddle and Matlock Bath in the Peak District. I don't really know the Yorkshire Dales, so I didn't fiddle too much with that - someone else can recommend places for that. I also threw some points down for places in Wales that are roughly around the area we went on the Big Meet at the beginning of the year. You already had the A68 in, which is by far the best way in and out of Scotland.

I like your idea, but I think that it's pretty A - B at the moment. Yeah it avoids motorways, but you're missing out on hundreds of other fantastic roads to explore! :D

Let me know what you think dude...

Grandsatsuma

Wannabie Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hertfordshire
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125
You got it :] thats exactly the kind of thing I was thinking, I was really just planting the idea. When I said stop at popular places this is pretty much what I ment, go the fun ways and get to some nice places. It would be really good if we could get a group of 20+ riders to do this at some point, all work together to work the best route and the best roads and then have a great week of riding!

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
Grandsatsuma said:
You got it :] thats exactly the kind of thing I was thinking, I was really just planting the idea. When I said stop at popular places this is pretty much what I ment, go the fun ways and get to some nice places. It would be really good if we could get a group of 20+ riders to do this at some point, all work together to work the best route and the best roads and then have a great week of riding!

Ok cool stuff! Keep me informed. This is exactly the kind of thing I love doing.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
I am very much provisionally putting myself down for this. Preferably next year and not 2014.

Oh and if this happens can we go see Nessie please?

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
I could maybe be up for this, depends what's happening in two years :p but definitly an interesting idea.

LDR

Wannabie Member
Sep 7, 2011
I ride a
'03 Honda CBR600F
:shock: Yes. Please.

I'd offer my name to sort out Devon and Cornwall.

timtom123

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2012
southwest UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R125
I dunno, think i have work that week :p
Yeah as some others said it depends on money and 1-2 years is a long time haha.
But if this does happen and i cant come maybe make a detour on your map to come meet me somewhere, as i see friz hasn't put any stops in somerset -.-

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
Maybe. I won't plan anything for 2014, so it'd have to be next year for me.
Also, my holiday is controlled by my work. I get 39 days a year, but I only have 8 to book myself, and I've used 3 already, going to Spain.

So basically, I'd love to, but I very much doubt I'll make it :p

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
I'm sure that any dates this happened on could, if possible, take into account your bloody generous, though mostly not bookable by you, holiday ;)

Grandsatsuma

Wannabie Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hertfordshire
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125
Gadgetsandwheels said:
Sounds like a good trip. I'm interested. Is it combining camping too?
It could do, really at the moment its just an idea. If enough people want to do it I'll try to properly organize it. Will need input from everyone for the route though

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
You should start planning it now for sometime in the first 6 months of next year. Any longer and people will lose interest.
I'm willing to hlp plan the Peak District area.

You should come up with a vague and changeable plan for how long you want to be in each area soon too. 2 days In Scotland, 1 day in Dales ans 1 in Peaks, for instance.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense. Writing it on my phone in the back seat of a car while fending off travel sickness.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
I agree with what Friz was attempting to say :p

A better idea would be to say 'Lets have a day in Dartmoor, a day travelling to the Peaks, a day in the Peaks, and so on for the Dales, maybe the lakes, and a couple of days in Scotland'

But I'm very concious of time, so I don't know how that idea would work.

OR

We could plot a course that includes the best roads in the country. I've got a rough route, but this doesn't include any alterations to Scotlan, as I don't know the area well enought to advise on routes :p

Something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts