Who is your favorite motovlogger?

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
Ive just started watching the amigos videos. Starting with his first trip. He's a great personality and the trips are classic

Reactions: diega666

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Chase has been my go-to watch, but he does a lot less Vlogs now. His adventures with Yummi are great for a laugh.

Looks like I'll have several new ones to check out thanks to this thread though. I was out of bikes completely for 5 years.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
How come you were away from bikes so long? :)

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Doesn't help that I'm a truck driver, so I see the ability of the general public to drive degrade on a daily basis. But we're in a place now that I can avoid most of it while riding, and motorcycles are a huge part of me, and I needed it back, so screw it. It's cheaper than a shrink! lol

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Doesn't help that I'm a truck driver, so I see the ability of the general public to drive degrade on a daily basis. But we're in a place now that I can avoid most of it while riding, and motorcycles are a huge part of me, and I needed it back, so screw it. It's cheaper than a shrink! lol

As the self-elected Ambassador for the Nation of Bikers, we welcome you back with open arms! Glad you got it all sorted and got a new bike, and are motovlogging!

-John

• Love
Reactions: nophix

themagpie

As the Magpie Flies
Jun 18, 2019
Portland, OR & Corvallis, MT
www.asthemagpieflies.com
I ride a
2016 Honda CB500x, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800xc, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 1980 Suzuki GS850gl, Batavus Moped, 1972 Honda CB175
AW Thank you @motosera

Alex Chacon and On Her Bike were who really inspired me to start making content. Although Alex hasn't made motorcycle specific content for a while, I really loved how he included footage off the bike and made an emphasis on changing camera angles etc.

Other faves I really enjoy:

lol sorry not sorry for the long list. I can't pick one. But these ones I pretty much watch everything they put up.

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
At the moment I've been binging Baron Von Grumble's old stuff. I follow 44teeth and didn't realise until about a month ago that Chris (Baron Von Grumble) had his own channel before 44teeth. It's quite funny, I'd recommend "The Urination Diaries" and "GSXR Off Roading - Baron von Nightmare" old but gold!

• Love

RiderHirex

Rider Hirex
Mar 24, 2021
I ride a
suzuki rm 85
Fooligan is one his content has keept me at bay all this time even before covid i watched his stuff becoz it is honesty funny watching this dude mess around :)

Reactions: Drakhen99

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
AW Thank you @motosera

Alex Chacon and On Her Bike were who really inspired me to start making content. Although Alex hasn't made motorcycle specific content for a while, I really loved how he included footage off the bike and made an emphasis on changing camera angles etc.

Other faves I really enjoy:

lol sorry not sorry for the long list. I can't pick one. But these ones I pretty much watch everything they put up.
Thank you for the list! I got some YT watching to do!

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
Right now the one I watch consistently is SmoaksVlogs, Shawn Smoaks. I generally don't miss one. While not a motovlog per se, I love Uncle Tony's Garage. We'd be cousins at the very least. I subscribe to a lot, and I mean a lot, but I don't watch everything they put out. No time for that. I find some go for low hanging fruit and are cardboard cutouts but it works for them some how as they get popular quickly...and some are damn authentic and that's what I like I guess. People that have character instead of focusing on being a brand and popular first. If you think about it, the idea of a brand is what you want the public to think you are, not necessarily what you are, which can have control as an issue. Kind of like reality shows that aren't reality. It becomes schtick or is. Some vloggers go down that road and are successful. I prefer direct cinema/break the 4th wall, at least with YT. Itchymoche n Vee is decent, Robin The Lady Biker and another woman vlogger, Whit Meza. She seems very real. Now, from a composition/cinemagraphic POV, Million Dollar Bogan does some interesting stuff on some of his videos. All I can say is, be you, if people like it cool, if they don't, screw it, do it anyway. I try not to get hung up on, oh, if I do this, it won't go over well...or whatever. I guess I am looking at it from a different POV. for me, I am nearing retirement and this is a venue for me to jump and be engaged in something. Anyway, that's my long winded reply...

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Right now the one I watch consistently is SmoaksVlogs, Shawn Smoaks. I generally don't miss one. While not a motovlog per se, I love Uncle Tony's Garage. We'd be cousins at the very least. I subscribe to a lot, and I mean a lot, but I don't watch everything they put out. No time for that. I find some go for low hanging fruit and are cardboard cutouts but it works for them some how as they get popular quickly...and some are damn authentic and that's what I like I guess. People that have character instead of focusing on being a brand and popular first. If you think about it, the idea of a brand is what you want the public to think you are, not necessarily what you are, which can have control as an issue. Kind of like reality shows that aren't reality. It becomes schtick or is. Some vloggers go down that road and are successful. I prefer direct cinema/break the 4th wall, at least with YT. Itchymoche n Vee is decent, Robin The Lady Biker and another woman vlogger, Whit Meza. She seems very real. Now, from a composition/cinemagraphic POV, Million Dollar Bogan does some interesting stuff on some of his videos. All I can say is, be you, if people like it cool, if they don't, screw it, do it anyway. I try not to get hung up on, oh, if I do this, it won't go over well...or whatever. I guess I am looking at it from a different POV. for me, I am nearing retirement and this is a venue for me to jump and be engaged in something. Anyway, that's my long winded reply...

You know what? You're 100% right ... BE YOURSELF! I briefly went down the road of trying to be meme-heavy, do topics that are popular at the time [Pan America], but at the end of the day, I just let my personality shine, and bleep out the expletives later, and I find I enjoy editing those videos more, it's easier, and people seem to be responding, however slowly. Now I make videos that I want to make that I think others may enjoy, and if they don't, well then they weren't my target demographic to begin with. I still do some current events stuff, but that dies out.

The crowd here has been very helpful with this, and I thank all of you for that guidance.

-John

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
You know what? You're 100% right ... BE YOURSELF! I briefly went down the road of trying to be meme-heavy, do topics that are popular at the time [Pan America], but at the end of the day, I just let my personality shine, and bleep out the expletives later, and I find I enjoy editing those videos more, it's easier, and people seem to be responding, however slowly. Now I make videos that I want to make that I think others may enjoy, and if they don't, well then they weren't my target demographic to begin with. I still do some current events stuff, but that dies out.

The crowd here has been very helpful with this, and I thank all of you for that guidance.

-John
IDK. I'm from NY. I don't bleep out anything, but I don't curse heavily, but I will let words fly at times. Maybe that's my problem, I don't know my target demo or really who watches my videos. I just started so with some things data isn't available yet. It's funny you mention the PA. I actually signed up for a demo ride at the end of next month. I will record that...But it's not the main thrust at all. A lot of vlogs have gone down the road of motojournalist's junkets. Get feted with beer, food, bikes and lodging and they play along. Seems everyone did the indian chief deno and. before that everyone had a Ruroc helmet. I would do test rides, but be warned I will be direct and unvarnished. With stuff like helmets and such, I wouldn't do it to keep the product. It's actually considered income. Send it back or like with any reviews I've done, I've bought it myself, no strings attached. It's kind of the Scotty Kilmer thing. Thanks for replying.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
IDK. I'm from NY. I don't bleep out anything, but I don't curse heavily, but I will let words fly at times. Maybe that's my problem, I don't know my target demo or really who watches my videos. I just started so with some things data isn't available yet. It's funny you mention the PA. I actually signed up for a demo ride at the end of next month. I will record that...But it's not the main thrust at all. A lot of vlogs have gone down the road of motojournalist's junkets. Get feted with beer, food, bikes and lodging and they play along. Seems everyone did the indian chief deno and. before that everyone had a Ruroc helmet. I would do test rides, but be warned I will be direct and unvarnished. With stuff like helmets and such, I wouldn't do it to keep the product. It's actually considered income. Send it back or like with any reviews I've done, I've bought it myself, no strings attached. It's kind of the Scotty Kilmer thing. Thanks for replying.

I try not to curse extensively, but I know that there's a guy in NJ who watches some of my vids with his kids, so I try to keep it clean... it's hard though LOL.

I won't be filtered or give anyone content control, and the one freebie I've gotten [Alex Audio Butler], I marked the video as a paid promotion or whatever because I *did* get it for free, but I told the company that makes it that I was going to be honest and beat on their product. They told me in no uncertain terms, to make the review video I wanted to make, and just let them know if I have any questions and then let 'em know when it went live. The creation & publication of the review video was the only requirement of me getting it gratis.

Every other review video I've done is on something I bought myself.

-John

Reactions: mymotorrad

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm an ex sailor, so cursing IS my vocabulary.... but since doing this, I have gradually learned to curb my tongue... or edit that out! :D I do still swear on occasion in my videos, but no where near as much as I used to. I think being a trainer in my current job has also taught me to kerb it a little too, although in construction, a bit of fruity language is almost expected.

WaltInPA

Wannabie Member
Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.waltinpa.com
I ride a
2018 Honda CB650F
I started watching Motorcycle Content on YouTube around this time last year. Since then, I have consumed a lot of content and had my favorites seem to shift from month to month.

I used to watch a lot of Bikes and Beards - I loved the types of videos where he would go out and buy a bike then immediately take it on an adventure (he owns a Dealership so there was some crossover). Then his channel began to shift and focus more torture tests on cheap bikes he bought on Amazon. I still watch the channel from time to time but it feels very Algorithm driven with a heavy emphasis on advertising.

From there I started watching Shadetree Surgeon and I think I managed to go through quite a bit of his old videos. He is probably the one channel I've stuck with the longest. I like his loud and often comical personality. As Brapstar grows there seems to be more and more overlap between channels - so I'm not too worried about missing an episode since I'll probably get caught up when I watch Chey or Flip.

Around the time I discovered this forum (I'm not even sure where that was in the timeline of things) is when I got introduced to small channels and that is really where my preference lies now. The bulk of what I watch are channels with less than 1k subscribers and are highly likely to interact with their viewers.

I feel like I could easily recommend 25 channels but to keep it brief, I'll give you the first five that come to mind

Saddlebags73
WestonSuperMotoVlog
MisplacedMotovlogger
GoofyBastard
Setzerpendence

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts