Who do you ride with?

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
Within your communities, who do you ride with? Do you have a group of friends that have bikes? A spouse that has a bike as well?

In Htown there are a bunch of squids and crazy people that I've ridden with before (dropped out after like 2/5ths of the ride...) and currently only ride with my wife. If she's not riding, I'm normally solo.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I normally ride by myself, but also with other motovloggers local to me from time to time and a couple of my mates also ride.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I rode with a group last year. Long story, I'll just say I am back doing my own thing and if folks want to ride along, they are welcome as long as they behave.

Sometimes I will ride two up with my spouse or a friend, though I am not usually vlogging then.

Reactions: HippoDrone

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Solo mostly or with my pal who rides a Harley.

I have other friends who ride bikes too but when together they feel the need to show off and it can get a bit much.

Not into dying so im cool with the guys I know arent going to mess around!

The mrs will hopefully begin to learn this year which will be awesome!!

Reactions: R-Rated

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
I hear you guys. Small groups is definitely the way to go, and definitely people you trust. I tell my coworkers that want bikes that too... get to know your machine WELL, and stay away from the bike night rides...

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
large rides can be awesome, but they have to be strictly controlled. I always tell folk to ride their own ride, and that doesn't match with large group rides as you have to ride to rules, which may push boundaries of individuals riding skill levels.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I have always found it strange to go on rides with other people.

I view riding as a solitary thing, you have a helmet on your by yourself and you go at your own pace.

Too many time in the past I've been on rides where "we will just take it easy" and we know how that pans out.

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
Yeah I agree with controlled group rides. I led a group of about 15, and I made sure we were all there at a stop sign so no one was lost, and had a trail guy. On the flip side, I’ve been to a meet with 20 bikes and it was like every man for themselves.... definitely not respectable.

The type of riding I enjoy doesn’t attract large crowds anyhow. I prefer back country, low crowd, twisty roads lol. The other groups love straight lines and people to show off to. Good ol’ flat Houston.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I'm usally out by myself as the large majority of my rides are for communting. I have done a few charity rides out and the one thing I noticed is that you need eyes every where and be on the ball.

I used to ride with my cousin before he sold his bike and my Grandad on odd occasions as well. I have ridden with a few people that I've met at the ride outs but is has been me and someone else.

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
I ride solo typically, but I'm always open for others to join as long as they're responsible and not all about bar-hopping. Which unfortunately that seems like that's all people enjoy doing here in Oklahoma

Reactions: TWWaffle

NF Vulcan

Never Hold In A Fart
Aug 26, 2017
Nebraska USA
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600 SE
I ride solo but would love to ride with at least one other person. I don't know many people that live near me with a bike. I have ridden with a friend but it was only once. I had fun with that. Some day I'd like to do a dual motovlog.

Reactions: TWWaffle

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
Riding with others is great fun as long as they ride safe.
That doesn't mean 'slow' though. They have to have good control of their machine and good road sense. ie slow down when needed.

Main thing is to avoid anyone who is a show-off...

I've got a few vids with 'spirited' group rides.

Sweet. I'll have to go check those out!

I typically ride solo, sometimes with my uncle and cousin and now a neighbor down the street.

Sweet. How'd you and that neighbor meet? Was it "hey, I ride, you ride, let's ride!" lol. I met a dude at crossfit who has a bike and we're planning on riding together. It should be pretty dope.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Solo and 2-up with my wife. I've done a few vlogs with her as well. I've ridden with a few before when I first started riding, but nothing consistent. I have a co-worker who's getting his MC license and has a Royal Endfield café racer, so I'm looking forward to riding with him soon. Group rides look inviting, but it's also about the chemistry, the rules and how much they're followed. Squid riders are a deal breaker.

- Wuf

TSR

TheSurreyRider
May 3, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson Nightster
Either alone or with my dad. We both started riding at the same time and opted for the same bikes too. Apparently Suzuki don’t offer 2-for-1 on VanVans.

I rode over to Ryka’s on Sunday and ended up meeting someone and riding some of the Surrey hills together.

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
As others, I'm mostly solo. I've been on night rides and can confirm that you should avoid, if you are not into R1's coming past you at 160kmh on the back wheel. Its definitely an experience.

I'm also part of a massive group, but its rare that more than 5 people meetup (everyone has the same "avoid big groups" mentality), so often 1 ride becomes 2 or 3 smaller rides. Not a bike club, so no real "control" but people have been spoken to before. Helps that everyone is really respectful.

Reactions: BeardGiant

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
I usually go solo but I do ride with my brother from time to time.
I try to limit my time riding with him though, he's a little aggressive with cagers if I'm not taking the lead.

Reactions: BeardGiant

BeardGiant

The Bearded Giant
Apr 4, 2018
Oregon, USA
I ride a
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Sweet. I'll have to go check those out!

Sweet. How'd you and that neighbor meet? Was it "hey, I ride, you ride, let's ride!" lol. I met a dude at crossfit who has a bike and we're planning on riding together. It should be pretty dope.
I met the farmer down the road by riding past his farm in one of my videos. He was watching XR650L videos and recognized his place and reached out to say hello.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts