Whats your full gear setup?

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Does your gear support the Dianese air bag vest? If not in the future and your budget allows considering getting some and the air bag vest. I have the alpine stars one and although I have never needed it to deploy I like the safety net it provides. Kind of like a gun or a condom, would you rather need it and not have it, or have it and not need it?

Hey Gemini, appreciate this recommend. I saw that Max Wrist uses one (only YT'r I've seen use one, really), but didn't know Dainese made one. I'll definitely take a closer look at it and potentially pull the trigger and can update here if I do.

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Hey Gemini, appreciate this recommend. I saw that Max Wrist uses one (only YT'r I've seen use one, really), but didn't know Dainese made one. I'll definitely take a closer look at it and potentially pull the trigger and can update here if I do.

Yeah no worries bro, I know they are pricey so I'm not like shoving them in peoples faces, but if you can afford it, I think its 100% the best choice. I always wear all my gear when I ride. It might be hot, and might seem outrageous, but the protection just can't be beat for me.

Reactions: humes

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Yeah no worries bro, I know they are pricey so I'm not like shoving them in peoples faces, but if you can afford it, I think its 100% the best choice. I always wear all my gear when I ride. It might be hot, and might seem outrageous, but the protection just can't be beat for me.

Quick question - do you wear your vest along with back and chest protector inserts ?

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Quick question - do you wear your vest along with back and chest protector inserts ?
Yes I do. The jacket I have fits me loosely enough and has accordion panels. From what I've read its not recommended but this is America so more is better imo.

Reactions: humes

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Yes I do. The jacket I have fits me loosely enough and has accordion panels. From what I've read its not recommended but this is America so more is better imo.

I bought the Dainese vest just now after letting it sit in my brain for a week; looking forward to trying it out!

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Really seems to depend on my mood, the weather and which bike I'm on.

But I'll try to give a bit of a list.

Kevlar jeans (4 different pairs some I love some not so much)
Various thermal undergarments (again depending on the weather)
Alpinestars jacket for the warmer weather
Some other very old jacket that is heavy and very warm for the winter
2 Shark Helmets and one Dririder helmet
Sidi Boots
Dririder street boots
So many pairs of gloves its just stupid (I'm guessing about 12-15 pairs ranging from very expensive to very cheap) however I really only wear 3 different ones most of the time

Now as I said pick any combination of all those items and that's what I wear.

There is also a collection of old gear from the past 35-40 years of riding.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Just the basics for me; an Icon full-face, alpinestars jacket, and boots and gloves :p

Gonna look for one of those armor vests for the summer, since the month of May was a temperamental child and we hit like 40 degrees C this past week. I did not have a good time with my regular jacket in that heat lol

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
Summer Gear: Shoei Neotec II , tourmaster Air III, STryke motor pants, Rothco GI jungle boots or my Old Issued FLight decks and ALpine Star SMX-2 gloves

Winter Gear: SHoei RFSR with Dead Elmo cover, Leather Jacket, diamond gusset defenders, irish settler logging boots, hot wired gloves

Rainsuit: Nelson Rigg Stormrider in 3xl orge, nelson rigg over boots and Alpinstar APex drystars

the tourmaster is 4 season so i use it pretty much year round, for winter i have thermals(mid weight), and insulated Bib overalls. and the leather jacket is a older milwaukee leather with liner and gun pockets

if i know i will be in traffic while commuting i will use the neotec III, but if i'm out fun riding i use the RFSR.

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
I live in California, and ride for pleasure only, so for me I have one set of gear year round. My list:

Shoei X14 Lid + cardo + hero 7 black + adapter and lavalier mic
Alpine stars Missile v2 Jacket (Black / Black) + TechAir Race Vest + extra CE back and chest protectors
Alpine stars missile v2 pants
Alpine stars GP Pro gauntlets
Alpine stars SMX 6 V2 boots

View attachment 4845
I recognized Mulholland immediately. My home roads too, i live in Northridge now.

Reactions: Renee MARR

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts