Whats your full gear setup?

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I live in California, and ride for pleasure only, so for me I have one set of gear year round. My list:

Shoei X14 Lid + cardo + hero 7 black + adapter and lavalier mic
Alpine stars Missile v2 Jacket (Black / Black) + TechAir Race Vest + extra CE back and chest protectors
Alpine stars missile v2 pants
Alpine stars GP Pro gauntlets
Alpine stars SMX 6 V2 boots

IMG_20200420_205747_401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have so much kit, three different types of bike, and 4 different seasons to ride in.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ha, I love them all.

On my Beta I have Leatt GPX 5.5 enduro pants and jacket, Fox Instinct enduro boots, Fox gloves and an LS2 Subverter MXhelmet. I wear Leatt knee armour and Shot body armour.

On my Moto Guzzi, I have some bike jeans with basic armour, a Weise leather jacket, and normally wear work boots. If I am not motovlogging I have a Davida 8-Ball openface helmet.

On my Triumph, I wear Dainese 2 piece leathers, Daytona boots, currently a Shoei NXR helmet.

I have some Fox MX gloves, Held wet/winter gloves and RST shorty summer gloves.
I have Rukka wet/winter road riding textiles, Forcefield back-protector and several other helmet for if I fancy a change.

That is my main kit, I wear other stuff to mix it up a bit, sometimes just squid it.

I used to use one piece leathers, but they are a pain in the bum, but my go to brand was Arlen Ness as they make some lovely suits. I did get a suit custom made, through a mate but that was not a pleasant experience so, less said the better about them.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Ha, I love them all.

On my Beta I have Leatt GPX 5.5 enduro pants and jacket, Fox Instinct enduro boots, Fox gloves and an LS2 Subverter MXhelmet. I wear Leatt knee armour and Shot body armour.

On my Moto Guzzi, I have some bike jeans with basic armour, a Weise leather jacket, and normally wear work boots. If I am not motovlogging I have a Davida 8-Ball openface helmet.

On my Triumph, I wear Dainese 2 piece leathers, Daytona boots, currently a Shoei NXR helmet.

I have some Fox MX gloves, Held wet/winter gloves and RST shorty summer gloves.
I have Rukka wet/winter road riding textiles, Forcefield back-protector and several other helmet for if I fancy a change.

That is my main kit, I wear other stuff to mix it up a bit, sometimes just squid it.

I used to use one piece leathers, but they are a pain in the bum, but my go to brand was Arlen Ness as they make some lovely suits. I did get a suit custom made, through a mate but that was not a pleasant experience so, less said the better about them.
That's dope! I will need to check out Arlen Ness. I need a 1 piece still

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
ARD.jpg

56635089_2196936250621376_4947807354398703616_o.jpg

Not got any pics of my offroad gear.

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
uh at the moment it seems to be

Motodry boots that look like normal shoes
Hood Jeans + their EL1 or whatever it is extra protection kit
RST leather jacket + Alpinestars back protector
Knox leather gloves
Bell Eliminator
Ray-Ban Clubmasters ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
uh at the moment it seems to be

Motodry boots that look like normal shoes
Hood Jeans + their EL1 or whatever it is extra protection kit
RST leather jacket + Alpinestars back protector
Knox leather gloves
Bell Eliminator
Ray-Ban Clubmasters ;)
I heard the ray bans perform best over 100mph

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Usually just T-shirt, jeans, shoes, full face, gloves. It's so hot & humid. Call me a squid or whatever, I don't mind nor care though.. :)
You're not the only squid here.

Cowboy boots, jeans, t-shirt, and a full face helmet. If it's raining I'll throw on my armored textile jacket and frogg togg pants. If it's one of the few cold days here I'll wear leather gloves, a balaclava, and my jacket.

Reactions: SighBored

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Rev'it jeans and jacket.
Probiker jacket.
Boots, no idea Brezik i think it is?
Gloves different brands.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
You're not the only squid here.

Cowboy boots, jeans, t-shirt, and a full face helmet. If it's raining I'll throw on my armored textile jacket and frogg togg pants. If it's one of the few cold days here I'll wear leather gloves, a balaclava, and my jacket.
Hey man to each their own. Your body your choices. I'm not here to tell anyone how to live their lives. I'm tempted all the time to ride with less gear... it's hot and heavy (jacket with airbag vest weighs like 35 pounds or something stupid) and takes forever to put on and take off. I promised my fiancee I would always wear all of it though and I try and push my limits and get better when I ride so.. probably a good thing for me.

Reactions: FloridaMan

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
i do have a kevlar jean, full kevlar, for the shorter rides, going to city or cinema etc ;)

Looks squid, feels safe :)

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
i do have a kevlar jean, full kevlar, for the shorter rides, going to city or cinema etc ;)

Looks squid, feels safe :)
I was looking into some armored jeans and maybe some hugh ankle armored shoes that look more natural so I can go for shorter rides. Anyone have experience with armored spandex style leggings to go under jeans?

Reactions: Meifesto

Skant153

Wannabie Member
Feb 22, 2020
Rochester, NY
www.sandycreekmanor.com
I ride a
97 CBR 900RR
98 VFR800
98 Valkyrie
07 VT1100
I've been having a hard time finding a new set of riding jeans that aren't in the skinny jean style. I guess everyone is a twat now-a-days. As a fat guy, I can't get into those to save my life.
Anywho, I wear a 36 and order a 38 to compensate for the armor. I found the jeans from Milwaukee leather performance fit well, but the knee armor is for shorter folks. They're available on Amazon and from leatherup.com at $79.99

Another pair that fits well is the fieldsheer charger jeans. They're true to size and a regular fit. They don't come with armor but when you out some in, it falls in the perfect spot. Like all bike pants, they're warm but being a little loose, they allow air in. Fieldsheer lao has 50% off sales quite frequently so a pair of aramid jeans for $40 plus $20 for CE-2 armor isn't a bad buy.

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Awesome pic by the OP!

* Riding gear (3-season):
Shoei 1200 RF-1200 helmet w/ CWR-1 transition face shield
Dainese D-core aero shirt
Dainese D-core aero pants
Dainese D-core mid socks
Dainese Fighter perforated jacket
Dainese Pony 3 perforated pants
Dainese Nexus boots
Dainese Manis G1 back protector insert
Dainese L2 chest protector
Dainese Druid 3 gloves

* Helmet setup:
Cardo Freecom 4+ headset
Garmin chin mount w/ epoxy putty mold and 3M sticky
GoPro Hero 8 Black
Ulanzi GoPro Hero 8 Black case
52mm ND filters
GoPro audio adapter
Purple panda mic

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Awesome pic by the OP!

* Riding gear (3-season):
Shoei 1200 RF-1200 helmet w/ CWR-1 transition face shield
Dainese D-core aero shirt
Dainese D-core aero pants
Dainese D-core mid socks
Dainese Fighter perforated jacket
Dainese Pony 3 perforated pants
Dainese Nexus boots
Dainese Manis G1 back protector insert
Dainese L2 chest protector
Dainese Druid 3 gloves

* Helmet setup:
Cardo Freecom 4+ headset
Garmin chin mount w/ epoxy putty mold and 3M sticky
GoPro Hero 8 Black
Ulanzi GoPro Hero 8 Black case
52mm ND filters
GoPro audio adapter
Purple panda mic
Does your gear support the Dianese air bag vest? If not in the future and your budget allows considering getting some and the air bag vest. I have the alpine stars one and although I have never needed it to deploy I like the safety net it provides. Kind of like a gun or a condom, would you rather need it and not have it, or have it and not need it?

Also thanks, that picture was taken by a guy named victory John in Mulholland, he takes photos of cars and bikes that ride by and sells them online on his website. You can view them for free with his watermark or support him by buying whichever ones you like. Definitely worth it, his photos are ace

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts