What's With Those R6s?

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
The battery location should not be an issue any longer on the 2013+ models, I've opened one up and it now sits across just under the rider's seat. So you could go for a 2013-2017 ZX6R 636 if you still want a more torquey 600 supersport.

Honestly as much as my 05 is a headache to maintain electricals, i'd much rather ride it than a R6 or CBR600RR because it does better in stop go traffic and long straights, which is part and parcel of my riding experience living in a city.

R6's are only fun on a track where you can wring the bike out and keep it at 200kph and 11k+ RPM non-stop until the end of your session, because the gear 1-3 sub 9k RPM experience is like moving off on snails.
Hmm that's interesting. I actually live in the downtown and do my riding in the downtown for the most part. Speed isn't my concern as much. I'm still thinking an R6 might suit me better. I know for sure I prefer the R6 over a GSXR. Something about the seat on R6 fits my body better both when riding and when pushing the bike while sitting on it (reverse and front).

Does more torque really work well with the stop and go traffic? In my case I got a smaller bike right now and I'm sure the R6 would be much torqier at low revs than the 200cc I got.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Hmm that's interesting. I actually live in the downtown and do my riding in the downtown for the most part. Speed isn't my concern as much. I'm still thinking an R6 might suit me better. I know for sure I prefer the R6 over a GSXR. Something about the seat on R6 fits my body better both when riding and when pushing the bike while sitting on it (reverse and front).

Does more torque really work well with the stop and go traffic? In my case I got a smaller bike right now and I'm sure the R6 would be much torqier at low revs than the 200cc I got.
Yea, an R6 would definitely have way more torque than your 200. In stop and go traffic I generally favour bikes with more torque than top end speed. It makes the ride way more fun since you get up to speed faster than just waiting forever to spool up to 11k RPM, and pretty much never hitting top gear before the next traffic light.

Also the extra torque makes it easier to get out of dicey situations where you wanna accelerate out of a bad situation.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Yea, an R6 would definitely have way more torque than your 200. In stop and go traffic I generally favour bikes with more torque than top end speed. It makes the ride way more fun since you get up to speed faster than just waiting forever to spool up to 11k RPM, and pretty much never hitting top gear before the next traffic light.

Also the extra torque makes it easier to get out of dicey situations where you wanna accelerate out of a bad situation.
I totally get what you mean, but in my case: downtown with traffic lights every 200-300 meters and speed limit of 60kmph or 40kmph, I doubt I'll be trying to get past that or have trouble getting up to that.

Idk, just the country I live in right now and the drivers that coexist with me on the road, anything abrupt could get you easily killed cause of them not paying attention. Better slow where you can then brake than fast and get cut off while splitting lanes, etc.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I totally get what you mean, but in my case: downtown with traffic lights every 200-300 meters and speed limit of 60kmph or 40kmph, I doubt I'll be trying to get past that or have trouble getting up to that.

Idk, just the country I live in right now and the drivers that coexist with me on the road, anything abrupt could get you easily killed cause of them not paying attention. Better slow where you can then brake than fast and get cut off while splitting lanes, etc.
I'll be honest, if you're going to be riding mostly cities with a max speed limit of 60kph-ish. And your priority is safety, I think getting a maxi-scooter like the TMax actually makes a lot of sense.

You can't beat an automatic's ability to get up to speed on any manual bike of the same displacement.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO