What's The Ideal Begginers Budget Gear?

revvinrav

Wannabie Member
Oct 9, 2014
I ride a
2000 Honda Shadow 600 VLX
I recently started riding, and i ride to commute to work every single day to work and back.

Im a little tight on money at the moment but i really want to buy some gear like a good jacket and some gloves.

I ride a cruiser and i live in Miami, Fl were its always Hot and Humid.

So any suggestions on what jackets under $100 i can look at? And gloves under $50??

Any help is welcome :)

MsRandomnS

Makes vlogs, deletes them.
Oct 20, 2014
Atlanta/Decatur, Ga
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
I'm not sure how big you are on style but I found a couple of things over at Revzilla. com. Look up:
  • "Pokerun Cool Cruise 2.0 Jacket" it's mesh listed at $79
  • "AGV Sport Mission Textile" for $98.10

As far as gloves go, I found (there were a bit more but these were at the lower end of your glove budget):
  • "Icon Twenty-Niner Gloves" short mesh gloves for $35
  • "Icon Justice Mesh" gloves for $39
  • "Alpinestars Spartan Gloves" for $39.95.

I hope this helps some. This is just a few to get started. I will post again if I come across something else.

Sorry, I'm unable to post links right now due to me being a new member with less than 10 points.

revvinrav

Wannabie Member
Oct 9, 2014
I ride a
thanks! this really helped, il make sure to look into them

Syntaxxor

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2014
Bangor, WA
I ride a
2014 CBR1000RR
Going to second Cycle Gear, they have some nice stuff and almost always have deals going on. I wouldn't really suggest a BILT helmet (they're kinda stuffy) but Sedici jackets and gloves are great. Most Sedici gloves have lifetime warranties, so if they stretch or something, you just bring em back and they trade you a new set.

I would suggest if you're able to get two jackets, textile and mesh. (Or Leather and Mesh) I'd say for Miami, you're definitely going to want mesh for summer rides.

MsRandomnS

Makes vlogs, deletes them.
Oct 20, 2014
Atlanta/Decatur, Ga
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
I almost forgot about Cycle Gear. :eek: It's actually where I got my first helmet: a 707. I third Cycle Gear. You'd probably find much more for your budget at Cycle Gear than at Revzilla.

revvinrav

Wannabie Member
Oct 9, 2014
I ride a
What's up guys thanks for all the input! I ended up getting myself the BILT Apollo black waterproof jacket from the cycle gear store and the Bell Revolver Evo Modular helmet in satin black! I think its the ideal gear for miami since its always hot and it unexpectedly rains. The jacket breathes perfectly and the helmet is fresh inside and well cushioned. And theres almost no windnoise inside the helmet. I will make some very detailed reviews on both the helmet and the jacket incase people are curious on buying low budget quality gear on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/revvinrav

The only thing im missing is to buy some better gloves with the plastic things on the knuckes and waterproof since there werent any gloves of my size on the store, and (maybe) some cheap $20 waterproof pants i could carry in the bike bags all the time :) please continue posting suggestions for gloves i can get online since its hard to find small gloves in-store

EN187

Wannabie Member
Mar 31, 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.youtube.com
I ride a
03 Z1000
I recently started riding, and i ride to commute to work every single day to work and back.

Im a little tight on money at the moment but i really want to buy some gear like a good jacket and some gloves.

I ride a cruiser and i live in Miami, Fl were its always Hot and Humid.

So any suggestions on what jackets under $100 i can look at? And gloves under $50??

Any help is welcome :)
GOOD WILL THAT SHIT

Reactions: lightitup

OlliePrice

The Friends of Ollie
Sep 16, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800
Arma Moto! There gear is Value for money! Best quality I have had, since my Hein Gericke stuff didn't last for the amount they cost!

revvinrav

Wannabie Member
Oct 9, 2014
I ride a
Thankyou all for the input!

I finally ended up the jacket and ended up with this:

I will do a video later about the specs of the jacket and more details, but thankyou everyone who suggested Cycle Gear! :) You guys were great help

Reactions: GixxersShadow

lightitup

Wannabie Member
Jul 20, 2013
north fl
I ride a
1981 kz 550
i like to shop around and find the item i want for the cheapest price and have revilza price match if they can. also check out a good will they get gear still with tags on them for cheap. just go on a hunt and u will find something that fits you. also try craigslist or if ur area has any facebook groups that sell/ trade stuff (by me its called swip swap). i picked up an armored icon jacket second hand for $80.

OlliePrice

The Friends of Ollie
Sep 16, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800
I got my arma moto jacket for £100, but got a free pair of trousers worth £50

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Thankyou all for the input!

I finally ended up the jacket and ended up with this:

I will do a video later about the specs of the jacket and more details, but thankyou everyone who suggested Cycle Gear! :) You guys were great help
Good man.

GixxersShadow

Asylum Ryders
Sep 12, 2014
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
I ride a
K5 GSX-R600
Like the saying goes, dress for the slide not the ride, you should never cringe at the price of gear, I'd rather kick 400 for a leather jacket, then deal with skin graphs or worst...

revvinrav

Wannabie Member
Oct 9, 2014
I ride a
Like the saying goes, dress for the slide not the ride, you should never cringe at the price of gear, I'd rather kick 400 for a leather jacket, then deal with skin graphs or worst...
very well said buddy! but as i said, i was really tight on money and i didnt feel comfortable riding around with no protection....so i solved my problem! Soon i will invest on MUCH better gear :)

Reactions: malJohann

malJohann

Wannabie Member
Oct 29, 2014
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
very well said buddy! but as i said, i was really tight on money and i didnt feel comfortable riding around with no protection....so i solved my problem! Soon i will invest on MUCH better gear :)
Nothing wrong with the best you can afford, I had piecemeal gear back in the day, used to ride with jeans, a cheap airflow jacket, banged up helmet and bicycle gloves! It was all I could afford, I feel badly for those that can only afford a t-shirt and slops LOL!

[EDIT] Back in the day being, about eight years ago when I slung a leg over my first bike. [/EDIT]

RealRider

No longer a member
Nov 5, 2014
Brisbane
I was lucky and happened to be shopping during end of financial year sale.

Australian Dollars - AMA Warehouse on the Gold Coast
I picked up a Dririder AirFlow jacket and pants for $150 each plus Shark SpeedR helmet for under $300. Had steel caps but ended up getting SMX Plus boots for $250.

Reactions: malJohann

revvinrav

Wannabie Member
Oct 9, 2014
I ride a
I was lucky and happened to be shopping during end of financial year sale.

Australian Dollars - AMA Warehouse on the Gold Coast
I picked up a Dririder AirFlow jacket and pants for $150 each plus Shark SpeedR helmet for under $300. Had steel caps but ended up getting SMX Plus boots for $250.
Lucky! lol you got all your gear the same day?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts