What to do with my Channel revive or kill it. and why i'm not sure.

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
****MODS if this is in the wrong spot let me know i will move or kill it****

So a little background. i spent most of 2019 just pushing out content i had very little time for doing events or setting up fun stuff to do with the channel. basically i did a few bike reviews and just made filler that my heart wasn't into. Add in knowing i was deploying in Jan 20 for 6 plus months the channel would be DIW (dead in the Water). so i took a bunch of my outtakes and mistakes or my riding buddy and I bullshiting and made 6 5-6 minute videos to drop on the 2nd thursday of each month. my I'm out video dropped 2 weeks after i deployed for OPSEC. Since i am active duty military i have to be very careful of what i talk about. Even if its a vaild current event just talking about can cost me big. So i let the channel grind on me. now i am still deployed 6months later with no end in near sight. all social media and youtube are block on the ship. so i havent looked at my channel in months. however i can check my email and saw that everytime one of my outtakes / mistakes videos drop i got more subs, and i got comments, and emails asking questions.

So i think what i did was make the channel a job and quit having fun. as you guys know just putting a short video together can be time consuming. well last year i was at a command that knew about my Channel and some members of my Chain of command watched it and would regularly ask me about my content (it felt like they where fishing for something). i even had somethign i said on the channel come up in a mid term evaluation. now i am at my retirement command they know about my channel but dont seem to care. and i'm retiring in 2 years already over 20yrs service.

i miss doing the channel and having fun with it. i'm just unsure if i can. i think now that i have more free time (when not deployed) that i can do more of what i orginally wanted to do with the channel which was to help build community and talk about all things motorcycling maybe tell a sea story or two. how ever i will be repeating the deployment cycle next year. then i will be down to 1 yr until retirement. Safeties off once that happens.

well thats the rant/query? inputs good or bad welcomed

Last edited:

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
If it makes you happy keep doing it, people will understand :)

My biggest question is did you have sea shanties like pirates :D

Reactions: whingnut

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
another concern i have is the amount of censorship that is happening on youtube and social media. plus everytime someone has their car radio in traffic on i get my video locked out due to a copyright claim until i re-edit or dispute it.

@Pooley sorry no sea shanties but my singing voice sounds like a drunk trucker who eats glass getting his nards stepped on. not for the faint of heart and banned in 4 countries, 3 oceans and 1 sea. but they like me in med!

• Haha
Reactions: Pooley

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
sorry no sea shanties but my singing voice sounds like a drunk trucker who eats glass getting his nards stepped on. not for the faint of heart and banned in 4 countries, 3 oceans and 1 sea. but they like me in med!
This. This is why you should be making videos :)

Yeah theres loads of crap rules and the censorship on music sucks but you have charisma and some great history.

You clearly care about motovlogging enough to question your return, I say go for it and what's the worse that can happen? ;)

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
This. This is why you should be making videos :)

Yeah theres loads of crap rules and the censorship on music sucks but you have charisma and some great history.

You clearly care about motovlogging enough to question your return, I say go for it and what's the worse that can happen? ;)
Someone will like my singing voice?! But i DO appreciate the comments. i think now i dont have certain folks eyeballing my off time activites it should be easier to enjoy motovloging again. plus i'm thinking of doing an ASMR oil change video complete with beer opening and cursing. lol then again maybe not ASMR those comments can be cringy! :(

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Just start back up again. Nobody really expects anything from you so just do what makes you happy.

I just did a couple of videos after almost 12 months break, and why it does feel a little like your starting from scratch its not that bad.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If you enjoy it, do it, if you don't then don't! :) Treat it like a hobby and make the content you enjoy :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts