What should I do?

Should I make the vlog?

• Yes. Because we can all laugh when you lose your licence.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
It is for fun. There's lots of fun in bragging rights. :cool::)

Ultimate bragging rights would be to show it and then if anyone has issues, own up to it. Nothing settles who is fastest than papers! :D

Spin it into having a pal play the authorities and arrest you on camera. Then everyone will wonder if it was real or staged.

Reactions: L. Bilious

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
Ultimate bragging rights would be to show it and then if anyone has issues, own up to it. Nothing settles who is fastest that papers! :D
If I show it as I filmed it then I would be leaving myself open to possible prosecution.
I've yet to actually view the footage, but I'm fairly certain I'll have to do a bit of editing and some voice overs, to present it in a manner that will not get unwanted attention. ;)
I really want to upload this challenge. :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Just edit the speedo into another video where you talk about the challenge! :)

Reactions: L. Bilious

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Everyone's comments are helping to shape the footage into a workable storyline. :)

It's such a shame my editing skills can't translate the masterpiece in my head onto the screen. :mad::eek::oops:

:D
hahahaha, it is things like this that allow us to learn new editing skills! :)

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
If you are worried about it just record it somewhere else like a parking lot. empty parking lot is fine for this sort of thing, if there is a chance you get a ticket don't post it. The other option is to ignore the quest altogether.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Haha! First of all which sparrow are we talking about African or European?

Back long before RADAR there was this method of determining speed...
Clocking

Now I know everyone here understands relativity and speed so I will skip breaking out the chalkboard for now. However if little bird (clouds or whatever) is moving at a steady and constant pace but our friend increases rate of travel then we got a problem.

And back in a previous career we had to visually estimate a vehicle's speed within 5 mph before we could even flip the radar switch. Got retested every year just so we could play with the neat toys.

We never saw the other person's speedometer and won everytime.
I know how clocking works, but being able to accurately get that off a bird or a cloud that's filmed by a gopro on a motorcycle? I don't see that holding up in court. Fortunately though here in Florida we are protected from any of this. We can't be charged for a traffic violation based on a youtube video.

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
Folk have gone to prison in the UK for speeding on YouTube!
That is fucked up. In Holland they may use Youtube videos as evidence to add to your punishment on a different crime. But they cannot punish you on the video itself since they need the Date when it happenned, and they need to see it themselves or have witnesses since youtube videos can be edited and tampered with. So youtube videos can only be evidence to add a different crime, but not be a reason to get punished by itself. UNLESS you are like a 3 million sub having channel with a lot of influence. Then they might punish you just because of the major influence you may have with your actions if it goes unpunished.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I know how clocking works, but being able to accurately get that off a bird or a cloud that's filmed by a gopro on a motorcycle? I don't see that holding up in court. Fortunately though here in Florida we are protected from any of this. We can't be charged for a traffic violation based on a youtube video.

Sorry for the confusion. My point would play out like this. Picture a crowded courtroom.

Defense: Your honor, the footage was altered in a manner to make it only appear the defendant was exceeding the speed limit. They never actually exceeded the limit.

Prosecution: Your honor if that were the the case then why is only the defendant's vehicle appears to speed up yet that cloud (bird or whatever) that is moving independently appears to remain moving nearly the same constant speed throughout the video? I ask, if the footage was edited then would not the entire footage all speed up at the same rate? In other words, the cloud would appear to move faster at same increase as the defendant? Since the independent moving objects all do not increase their rate movement equally as the bike in question we can safely say the footage was not speed up.

So if the footage is not indeed sped up and there are ( goes into explaining clocking, then shows distance between two fixed points shown in the video, does the math for the court, and concludes with the rate of travel)

Judge mulls it over and if guilty verdict is rendered - spanking plus court costs. If not guilty, then just court costs.

Sure it may seem like a waste of the courts time but think how long they all went to law school and sat through boring classes.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Sorry for the confusion. My point would play out like this. Picture a crowded courtroom.

Defense: Your honor, the footage was altered in a manner to make it only appear the defendant was exceeding the speed limit. They never actually exceeded the limit.

Prosecution: Your honor if that were the the case then why is only the defendant's vehicle appears to speed up yet that cloud (bird or whatever) that is moving independently appears to remain moving nearly the same constant speed throughout the video? I ask, if the footage was edited then would not the entire footage all speed up at the same rate? In other words, the cloud would appear to move faster at same increase as the defendant? Since the independent moving objects all do not increase their rate movement equally as the bike in question we can safely say the footage was not speed up.

So if the footage is not indeed sped up and there are ( goes into explaining clocking, then shows distance between two fixed points shown in the video, does the math for the court, and concludes with the rate of travel)

Judge mulls it over and if guilty verdict is rendered - spanking plus court costs. If not guilty, then just court costs.

Sure it may seem like a waste of the courts time but think how long they all went to law school and sat through boring classes.
Yeah, I would agree with that. It is possible to edit footage so it looks like only the bike is going faster, but not easy. I think I'm just coming from somewhere the video isn't sufficient evidence like MotoGinji says, so it's a foreign idea to get prosecuted over a video. And yeah, nothing is a waste of the courts time. The courts aren't out for justice, they're just trying to make money.

Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts