What should I do?

Should I make the vlog?

• Yes. Because we can all laugh when you lose your licence.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
I've just been out filming for my 1st gear challenge (#challenge accepted) and the results show me going over the speed limit for the road I did it on.
Should I still make the vlog?
Please vote on the poll. :D

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
Just blur out the speed limit sign on the road if it is ever visible.

I'd have to look at the footage--I did stop in front of a speed sign to show what the limit was.

can you re-record it in a higher speed limit road as an option?
Only if I go to the Isle of Man.

Now there's a thought........ I could put a disclaimer saying filmed in the I.O.M ;) :):cool:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Or if you only record the dash and no road, then it could have been recorded anywhere! Then do a voice over, or a motovlog and cut that bit into it explaining it was done on a trackday or dragstrip!

Reactions: L. Bilious

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Are they really so strict over there about speeding that you will get in trouble with the law for doing it in a video on YT?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I say edit and as you approach the limit, cut to a totally unrelated scene like you buttering some toast in your kitchen while birds chirp outside. Behind you have a piece of paper with a number on it. Don't say anything, just eat the toast and slow fade to black.

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
I say edit and as you approach the limit, cut to a totally unrelated scene like you buttering some toast in your kitchen while birds chirp outside. Behind you have a piece of paper with a number on it. Don't say anything, just eat the toast and slow fade to black.
I was thinking about blurring/putting a picture over the speedo when I hit the limit, then putting a caption at the end saying, in a Sesame Street style, "This vlog has been brought to you by the numbers- ##, ## and ##"

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I was thinking about blurring/putting a picture over the speedo when I hit the limit, then putting a caption at the end saying, in a Sesame Street style, "This vlog has been brought to you by the numbers- ##, ## and ##"

It is possible but it is still evidence. If Johnny Law is set on busting you, then an expert might be able to using mathmatics to determine velocity. Even if you claim you altered the footage playback to make it only look fast, then all is needed is an object in constant motion to disprove it. One cloud, a bird, a plane...

But hey...

SmartSelect_20190919-145546_Chrome.jpg

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
It is possible but it is still evidence. If Johnny Law is set on busting you, then an expert might be able to using mathmatics to determine velocity. Even if you claim you altered the footage playback to make it only look fast, then all is needed is an object in constant motion to disprove it. One cloud, a bird, a plane...

But hey...

View attachment 4527
The wonderful thing is, I used a second camera that was pointing at the speedo & rev counter and showed nothing outside of the front fairings. My helmet cam, last time out, showed from above the screen. :)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Is this the first time you have ever sped?

Lets think about this. If someone is going to put in the effort to dob you in for doing it then they need to get a life.
If your worried about posting it, then you need to find another hobby, or buy a scooter.
If you think the police are going to sit through someones footage and fine you then you need to complain that its a waste of police resources and move on.

In short make the video, nothing is going to happen.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660

Lets think about this. If someone is going to put in the effort to dob you in for doing it then they need to get a life.
If your worried about posting it, then you need to find another hobby, or buy a scooter.
If you think the police are going to sit through someones footage and fine you then you need to complain that its a waste of police resources and move on.

These videos do have a habit of being seen by folk, and some folk are jobsworths, or just arseholes and will report folk. When the police are on quotas, to them this stuff isn't a waste of time.
But no speedo is accurate, and all read higher than you are actually travelling at.

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250

If nothing is going to happen will you give me your real name and address please, so that if I ever get investigated I can give the plod your details, then? ;)

Everyone speeds. It is foolish to post the evidence publicly without considering the consequences.:)

Reactions: HippoDrone

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40

But hey...

View attachment 4527
How the hell are they going to know how fast the bird is going? There's no way that would hold up in court. If there isn't a speedo shown and you claim the footage is doctored there is no proof.

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
How the hell are they going to know how fast the bird is going? There's no way that would hold up in court. If there isn't a speedo shown and you claim the footage is doctored there is no proof.
The whole point of the 1st gear challenge is to show how fast your bike goes in 1st gear- i.e. show the speed reading.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
But no speedo is accurate, and all read higher than you are actually travelling at.

I wouldn't say ALL do. A friendly police man told me I was going faster than my Challenger's speedo was reading. The man even gave me an autographed note that my car insurance Loved.

My Harley was reading 13% faster than true speed. I got that fixed :cool:

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a

Haha! First of all which sparrow are we talking about African or European?

Back long before RADAR there was this method of determining speed...
Clocking

Now I know everyone here understands relativity and speed so I will skip breaking out the chalkboard for now. However if little bird (clouds or whatever) is moving at a steady and constant pace but our friend increases rate of travel then we got a problem.

And back in a previous career we had to visually estimate a vehicle's speed within 5 mph before we could even flip the radar switch. Got retested every year just so we could play with the neat toys.

We never saw the other person's speedometer and won everytime.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts