What shots have you missed?

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Sometimes motovlogging is like fishing in that we have tales of "the one that got away" . My wife was in disbelief that I did not have the camera rolling on my recent impact. So here are my three favorite missed shots:

1. Turkey flying across a group ride and brushing the top of my helmet.
2. Driver pulling a gun on me going down the road (I did not have the camera with me at all).
3. Getting rear ended at a stoplight. I did get the after the crash part so there is that.

What three shots have you missed that you wish you caught?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
1) My old man having a golf ball bounce off his helmet as we rode past a golf club
2) My highside at Cadwell Park on my first ever trackday
3) All my offroad rides when I was based up in Scotland

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster & Suzuki Savage
3. My first year riding and I didn't even know what a motovlog was I took a dragonfly the size of my hand to the face. I was only wearing a halfie helmet and shades. This was on the ride between Vegas and LA. I stopped hoping to find a bathroom to wash it off, but only found an abandoned gas station in the middle of the desert where the restroom door was kicked in. No running water, no lights, but it had a mirror & the sun was shining through the mangled door!

2. When I road cross country I still didn't know what a motovlog was, but I wish I had a camera when I was in Kansas and saw a tornado touch down a few miles away from me.

1. Riding south from the White Mountains in New Hampshire on Route 3 a black bear tumbled onto the road from the woods from the west. I stopped as fast as I could but was maybe ten feet from the animal. It looked at me and I thought, 'well atleast I'm wearing a helmet and leather. Maybe they will be able to have an open casket at my funeral.' The bear looked at me then lumbered across the road to the other side and down the embankment to the river. Kicked myself for not having my camera set up but I had planned to just enjoy the rife that day!

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
3. My first year riding and I didn't even know what a motovlog was I took a dragonfly the size of my hand to the face. I was only wearing a halfie helmet and shades. This was on the ride between Vegas and LA. I stopped hoping to find a bathroom to wash it off, but only found an abandoned gas station in the middle of the desert where the restroom door was kicked in. No running water, no lights, but it had a mirror & the sun was shining through the mangled door!

2. When I road cross country I still didn't know what a motovlog was, but I wish I had a camera when I was in Kansas and saw a tornado touch down a few miles away from me.

1. Riding south from the White Mountains in New Hampshire on Route 3 a black bear tumbled onto the road from the woods from the west. I stopped as fast as I could but was maybe ten feet from the animal. It looked at me and I thought, 'well atleast I'm wearing a helmet and leather. Maybe they will be able to have an open casket at my funeral.' The bear looked at me then lumbered across the road to the other side and down the embankment to the river. Kicked myself for not having my camera set up but I had planned to just enjoy the rife that day!
Those are the coolest!

Maybe one day you can at least find that gas station again and see if it "feels" the same as it did back then.

I sometimes ride old rides just to reconnect with those feelings.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster & Suzuki Savage
Those are the coolest!

Maybe one day you can at least find that gas station again and see if it "feels" the same as it did back then.

I sometimes ride old rides just to reconnect with those feelings.
I do enjoy reconnecting with those feelings and memories, but I did that drive a few years back and I don't think that building is there any longer sadly.

Reactions: R-Rated

chrisw959

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
www.chriswallace959.weebly.com
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
  • The off when I went through the water fine then black ice. Was literally a split second change
  • Various amounts of tight filtering
  • Making a woman drop her phone whilst she was sat texting at a set of traffic lights
  • Low flying owl
Just to name the ones that spring to mind

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
  • The off when I went through the water fine then black ice. Was literally a split second change
  • Various amounts of tight filtering
  • Making a woman drop her phone whilst she was sat texting at a set of traffic lights
  • Low flying owl
Just to name the ones that spring to mind
Nice, how did you make the lady drop her phone?

ThrttlGrub

ThrottleGrub.com
Jul 18, 2019
throttlegrub.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R1
2015 Harley-Davidson Street XG750
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650
That black bear would have been an incredible experience, even as a memory! I feel like I should have my camera rolling more often than I do, because I'm always worried I'll miss something cool.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts