What Order do you Watch, & do you Ring the Bell?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hey,

Just out of interest, do you have an order you watch different channels you sub to? and if so what is it and why?
Also, the bell notification thing... do you want to get a notification whenever someone you sub to posts a video? or do you prefer to choose when you watch YouTube?

I tend to watch the small channels I follow first each day, then the larger channels, or those who make content I know I am going to love later... I will even save those up to binge on... I guess that nerfs the YouTube Al Gore rhythm and I hope it isn't detrimental to the channels I save up to watch, as I want to watch those when I am able to pay most attention.
I have actually turned off the bell on ALL channels I sub to, I like my notifications to tell me stuff about comments and likes so I can respond to them on the ASAP. Getting notifications someone has uploaded a vid is not really relevant to how I watch YouTube.

I guess if I was a larger creator, I'd want all folk to tick the bell.... but I'd much prefer my audience to chose to watch my videos when they are chilled out, than have to skim watch them because they got a notification and felt obligated to watch there and then.

What are your thoughts? Would you rather you got lots of views as soon as you post but only a few min average watch duration, or less views but they watch longer?
Also, what is your viewing order for channels you sub to? :)

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I've actually got to the stage where I'm dis-belling, I have may be ten or so that I follow very regularly, sometimes due to the fact I like their bikes, sometimes skill at editing and sometimes general banter, also where they ride, scenery is always interesting. I like gadgets and reviews too plus some of the channels that show me tricks and tips on editing. I prefer views over subs now but a bit of excited wee sometimes comes out when I get a new sub :D I have no order that I watch or indeed when, I have no ability to schedule as I work different shifts all the time - if something interests me and I don't have time I'll bang it in my watch later list but it can take a while 'til I get to it. We all have very different channels which makes it interesting. I still have a way to go before I know how to properly interpret the stats and work out when is a good time to upload etc. Like you I wanna know when people comment so I can reply. If people take the time to comment I try to respond sooner rather than later. If I become an internet sensation I'll hire a lovely assistant to field my comments whilst I ride/live my dream :cool: ....... I think YouTube could change their notify bell to not giving an email notification for channel uploads but instead a notification when we log on to YouTube. However an email is a good idea for comments left.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I have a random view Wednsday to watch a channel I may not have looked at in a while.

Those folks who I can see are one my subs that watch and leave a comment on my videos get priority for me to watch something of theirs back as "professional courtesy". I tend to watch them nearly anytime I am at my regular job. I nearly always leave a comment and may even comment on their reply.

As far as bells, it depends on the content the creator puts out.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I've never hit the bell icon. I typically just scroll through my subscription feed once I get home from work. I wish I had time to watch all the people I'm subscribed to, but I pretty much just have the few channels that I never miss and then if I see one on there that I think would be beneficial to me like I may learn something.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I try and watch everything at breakfast as that is the only time I really have during the day to watch youtube. I typically start with the shortest video I see that was most recently posted.

As for a notification for new uploaded content, no. If I could get away with turning off all notifications on my phone including a new iMessage, I would. But as with life there are a few people that need to get in contact with me though out the day. I prefer to manually check to see if there is something new either on youtube, insta, facebook and not be sucked in by a notification that draws me in. I can't even handle having my email app have the little notations of unread emails, so i have that on manual fetch as well.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I try and watch everything at breakfast as that is the only time I really have during the day to watch youtube. I typically start with the shortest video I see that was most recently posted.

As for a notification for new uploaded content, no. If I could get away with turning off all notifications on my phone including a new iMessage, I would. But as with life there are a few people that need to get in contact with me though out the day. I prefer to manually check to see if there is something new either on youtube, insta, facebook and not be sucked in by a notification that draws me in. I can't even handle having my email app have the little notations of unread emails, so i have that on manual fetch as well.
This is pretty much exactly me. The only notifications I get are texts, calls, and some news and weather. And if I can use a web browser for something then I will refuse to use the app.

• Love

themagpie

As the Magpie Flies
Jun 18, 2019
Portland, OR & Corvallis, MT
www.asthemagpieflies.com
I ride a
2016 Honda CB500x, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800xc, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 1980 Suzuki GS850gl, Batavus Moped, 1972 Honda CB175
I have like four different Playlists (ie Watch Later, Motovloggers, Hikers, Artubers)
I generally add videos as they show up in Sub feed, so everything is in chronological order (no matter how big or small the channels are)
There's a few motovloggers that I add to my regular Watch Later list because I want to see them sooner than later.
When I do watch my motovloggers I tend to do it in binges.
As for the bell, I really only have it set up for like 3 channels and they aren't even motovloggers lol they're just regular travel vloggers. I don't get notifications on my phone for anything, comments or uploads. I've turned off most of my push notifications for ALL social media, it has reduced my anxiety/stress level a lot because I choose when I want to see notifications from each platform. I do get emails when new people sub to me, and when one of my 3 bell channels upload.

• Love

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I never ring the bell, I get enough emails without that stuff.

As for what I watch and when. There is no real way, I look at my subscribed list, and pick what I want to watch.
Normally if I don't watch something the day its up I don't watch it at all.
Sometimes when I get some free time I'll watch the stuff I haven't seen for a few days.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think more and more people are switching off the irrelevant notifications. We don't need to be told by a computer it is time to scratch our balls.
All the while there is a way to view new content from out preferred channels, there is no reason for the bell.... except for the channels who rely on impulse views. I actually want friend views, I want those that view my videos to be considered my friends. I may not know them before they view, but after, they know me.... so their comment is valuable to me, it is my friend touching base! :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts