What is the best music player or communicator you have used with your helmet?

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I was watching Walt in PA's @WaltInPA video about his Sena 50S experience and it got me thinking about my own communicator experience, so I thought to pose the question here as well to see what other peoples experiences have been with helmet music players and/or communicator devices. Below is my experience so far with on board helmet communicator devices.

I have a Cardo Black with JBL and a Cardo Pack Talk Slim with JBL. The highs and mids are there. The bass is a little muddy though on the Slim. Can easily hear the Pac Talk Slim up to 75 miles an hour on my 2004 CBR1000RR. The Cardo Pac Talk Slim is mounted in my Shoei GT Air Helmet. That helmet is on the quieter side of helmets though so I think that helps with the whole experience.

I also have a Cardo Pac Talk Black, but I think its kind of broken and for the money I paid it totally was not worth it, it cuts in and out and the sound is pretty muddy all over the spectrum.

So compared to the other sound setups I have owned so far being the Jarvish Smart Helmet, Sena Momentum Pro Smart Helmet (equivalent to Sena 20S tech), the Forcite MK1 Founders Edition, Shoei GT Air with Cardo Pac Talk Slim and my Built Blaze with Cardo Pac Talk Black.

The best sound and communicator I have come across is the Shoei GT Air with the Cardo Pak Talk Slim JBL edition installed.

I have yet to find a helmet music player/communicator that gives good bass response, but then again these are all battery powered and you can really only pull so many watts from these devices to power the speakers. Bass takes power from my past experience, so the devices may always be limited to some extent.

Last edited:

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
When I use a headset with speakers I upgrade the little POS ones for some that some from a set of nice Sony over the ear headphones. A little solder and some patience.

Thing is they sound great when the bike is not running but when the rumble starts the bass from the headset is not as noticeable.

Reactions: YBGuy

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
When I use a headset with speakers I upgrade the little POS ones for some that some from a set of nice Sony over the ear headphones. A little solder and some patience.

Thing is they sound great when the bike is not running but when the rumble starts the bass from the headset is not as noticeable.
That's a cool idea, to solder in some better speakers. May have to try that out some day on my Sena Momentum Pro.

• Love
Reactions: R-Rated

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
I have a Cardo Freecom +2. It works fine for me, but my hearing isn't good. I have tinnitus as it is. The shortcoming I find is the details. Crappy double sided tape doesn't hold well and delaminates for the unit and the mic. They need to put more into the mounting on these things. I think Sena does a better job with that, but from what I have read, the tech in the Cardo's is better, but like GO Pro, Sena was there first I guess and it's what most use. I just think Sena(and Go Pro) are over priced.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My Schuberth C4 has built in comms, they are ok for listening to music, but I only really use it on longer rides when by myself.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
The best I've had for music was when I used my wired Etmyotic ER6i's. Those things ROCKEd and lasted me forever. Outside of that, all I've used for BT has been Sena because that's what seems to be the most popular with the guys I ride with. The sound is a bit, well, lacking.... I need to try the Cardo with the JBL's, but with Sena announcing the new 50S I may upgrade there first.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts