What do you think - YouTube's new terms of service.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I guess it all depends on what they class as "commercially viable"?

Reactions: R-Rated

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Isn't that some type of slow suicide:

It should also be noted that the terms specifically state the company can terminate a user’s Google account as well. As written, a YouTuber can lose their Gmail, Google Photos, Documents, and more just for “no longer being commercially viable” on the video platform.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Just asking for trouble personally. Though I'm curious at want point you become "commercially viable".

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Aye will be interesting to see what happens or is this just youtube flexing.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Some people argue that it might be to block adblocker users.
Although i would assume they would warn those users, considering that is probably more than half of them xD

So yeah, i don't think it would be used to fight adblocker. But it could now be used to fight a political agenda. Every extreme right or extreme left channel might get blocked, with the story that companies don't want their adds on those video's and thus they are no longer commercially viable.

Reactions: HRMV and R-Rated

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Some people argue that it might be to block adblocker users.
Although i would assume they would warn those users, considering that is probably more than half of them xD

So yeah, i don't think it would be used to fight adblocker. But it could now be used to fight a political agenda. Every extreme right or extreme left channel might get blocked, with the story that companies don't want their adds on those video's and thus they are no longer commercially viable.
Maybe mate, never really thought about it that way.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I am also inclined to believe that YT are changing things due to the political landscape.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I can't say much on the account termination thing, I only assume it's for removing inactive accounts or extremist ones, have to wait and see what they do to fully understand their game plan. YouTube is/was suppose to be a place where anyone could share anything they wanted, and if they start terminating accounts, it's not just the channels, but the number of users that will be severely cut down.. I don't think they want their user numbers to get cut.

As for the videos being safe for kids or made for kids thingy, I just declared my channel as "not meant for kids" since what I do should primarily cater to maybe teens/adults that are interested in motorcycles/riding kinda stuff.. Plus I have no time to be PC Principal (Southpark) with my language (read: curse/swear).

Will it affect the channel earnings? I hope not, because I don't think (depending on their definition of) kids watch my stuff, and I also don't think kiddie ads run on my videos either.. We'll see.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I can't say much on the account termination thing, I only assume it's for removing inactive accounts or extremist ones, have to wait and see what they do to fully understand their game plan. YouTube is/was suppose to be a place where anyone could share anything they wanted, and if they start terminating accounts, it's not just the channels, but the number of users that will be severely cut down.. I don't think they want their user numbers to get cut.

As for the videos being safe for kids or made for kids thingy, I just declared my channel as "not meant for kids" since what I do should primarily cater to maybe teens/adults that are interested in motorcycles/riding kinda stuff.. Plus I have no time to be PC Principal (Southpark) with my language (read: curse/swear).

Will it affect the channel earnings? I hope not, because I don't think (depending on their definition of) kids watch my stuff, and I also don't think kiddie ads run on my videos either.. We'll see.

From that kids stuff, it really asks whether or not it is made especially for kids. Not if it is safe for kids.
Has to do with different settings, and probably loss of revenue when you are focused on kids.

So it should be better for the rest.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
From that kids stuff, it really asks whether or not it is made especially for kids. Not if it is safe for kids.
Has to do with different settings, and probably loss of revenue when you are focused on kids.

So it should be better for the rest.
I guess if it is made for kids, it automatically means it should be safe for kids. Mine are definitely neither. Haha!

• Haha

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I've been thinking about this. My son is in some of my videos. Would those videos be marked as safe for kids and my other ones not? I've been trying to figure it out but I guess to be safe I should mark safe for kids on any video he's in.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Its definitely about kids, the latest lawsuit (where YT where collecting info on minors) must be related to these changes. YT most likely want a lot of videos specifically targeted and marketed to kids, especially for their YT for kids app.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Its definitely about kids, the latest lawsuit (where YT where collecting info on minors) must be related to these changes. YT most likely want a lot of videos specifically targeted and marketed to kids, especially for their YT for kids app.

But if you read certain things, like certain tags aren't working when it is made for kids.
Comments are disabled.
Allot of ads won't play, so less revenue from adds.

I have heard that certain measurements are taking due to pedo's being active on those videos.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts