I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi @DR_Rides,

Welcome to MotoVlog.com.
Where are you from? What do you ride? Say hello, what do you like? Why are you here?

Got a photo of your bike?

DR_Rides

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2023
I ride a
2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C
Hello All.

Name's Dakota. I just recently started riding, maybe two months ago. Got my MSF maybe a month before I bought my first bike, a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C. Has 50k miles on it, but got it for a really good deal thanks to the seller being a fellow Army veteran. Fell in love with riding immediately. It's just the most freeing feeling I've had in a long time.

I'm from Northeast Oklahoma, and most of my riding is in cities. I'm a country boy though, so looking forward to recording some good vids of the country area where I grew up.

I just started doing a motovlog, more for fun than anything else. Riding to work or home or wherever. I started with a Freedconn camera/bluetooth. For what it was, it worked alright. Wanted something with better quality, so now I have a Gopro 9 with a Rode Wireless Me mic and a Cardo 4x intercom system.

I work in IT, I like playing my guitar and singing and tinkering with PC's and other stuff like that.

I'm here to hopefully get some good advice on motovlogging and maybe even video editing which I'm also brand new at. But, more than that, like to be a part of a community like this with others who enjoy riding. I guess that's it for the most part. Have a good one!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hello All.

Name's Dakota. I just recently started riding, maybe two months ago. Got my MSF maybe a month before I bought my first bike, a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C. Has 50k miles on it, but got it for a really good deal thanks to the seller being a fellow Army veteran. Fell in love with riding immediately. It's just the most freeing feeling I've had in a long time.

I'm from Northeast Oklahoma, and most of my riding is in cities. I'm a country boy though, so looking forward to recording some good vids of the country area where I grew up.

I just started doing a motovlog, more for fun than anything else. Riding to work or home or wherever. I started with a Freedconn camera/bluetooth. For what it was, it worked alright. Wanted something with better quality, so now I have a Gopro 9 with a Rode Wireless Me mic and a Cardo 4x intercom system.

I work in IT, I like playing my guitar and singing and tinkering with PC's and other stuff like that.

I'm here to hopefully get some good advice on motovlogging and maybe even video editing which I'm also brand new at. But, more than that, like to be a part of a community like this with others who enjoy riding. I guess that's it for the most part. Have a good one!
Great intro, and welcome :)
Well done on getting into bikes, they are therapy. I'm a vet too, but from the Royal Navy on the other side of the pond.

Reactions: DR_Rides

DR_Rides

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2023
I ride a
Great intro, and welcome :)
Well done on getting into bikes, they are therapy. I'm a vet too, but from the Royal Navy on the other side of the pond.
Oh your from England?? That's pretty cool. England is like the naval power of the world or something like that. That must have been awesome to do stuff like that! Thanks a lot for the welcome. I look forward to collaborating with everyone here

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
We maybe were in the past, but sadly our fleet is a lot smaller now thanks to budget cuts. I was a submariner, so we didn't see much of the world :D

• Wow

DR_Rides

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2023
I ride a
We maybe were in the past, but sadly our fleet is a lot smaller now thanks to budget cuts. I was a submariner, so we didn't see much of the world :D
Dude I don't know how you did that... I'm horrified of the thought of being trapped in a small metal tube at the bottom of the ocean... Noooopeee. Army on land all the way, hooah. XD

• Love

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Dude I don't know how you did that... I'm horrified of the thought of being trapped in a small metal tube at the bottom of the ocean... Noooopeee. Army on land all the way, hooah. XD
Hahaha... once they shut the hatches, we all would be pretty low (excuse the pun) for a bit, but you soon get used to it and the routine.
At least no one shoots at us... they heeded the warning from The Hunt For Red October.... "Most things in here don't react too well to bullets!"

• Haha

DR_Rides

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2023
I ride a
Hahaha... once they shut the hatches, we all would be pretty low (excuse the pun) for a bit, but you soon get used to it and the routine.
At least no one shoots at us... they heeded the warning from The Hunt For Red October.... "Most things in here don't react too well to bullets!"
Man I guess that's true. I was 89D, explosive ordnance disposal. I didn't have to deal with bullets, but bombs and what not were a different story haha.

Not just Red October. There was that submarine thing that happened in the late 90's early 2000's to that Russian sub. Can't remember what it was called. But yea, no thanks. I'll stick with my explosives any day of the week haha.

• Haha

Slorida

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2023
Oldham
I ride a
Honda CBR500R, Honda NC750S and Triumph Sprint ST1050.
Not just Red October. There was that submarine thing that happened in the late 90's early 2000's to that Russian sub. Can't remember what it was called. But yea, no thanks. I'll stick with my explosives any day of the week haha.
The Kursk? They didn't listen to history with that one. The Royal Navy stopped using that type of torpedo back in the 50s, after HMS Sidon sank in Portland Harbour.

Welcome to the forum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 6
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts