Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
In the UK it is hard to wave as we ride on the wrong side of the road and it chops the throttle. I wave or nod at anything that requires a helmet unless I am concentrating on a corner/overtake etc :)

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I wave at scooters, trikes, spyders, can-ams or anything with three wheels or less and o cage duing the Winter and the first few weeks of the "Riding Season". But it just gets to be too much with all the bikes on the road.

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
In the UK it is hard to wave as we ride on the wrong side of the road and it chops the throttle. I wave or nod at anything that requires a helmet unless I am concentrating on a corner/overtake etc :)
Ah yes the wrong side of the road. That makes things interesting. I guess a nod is fine at that point.

there haven't been to many bikes out by me because of the weather. But I'm sure once it starts getting nice everyone will be out and waving at each other.

Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Can't wave because you are on the wrong side of the road? Uh, why not just use your left hand to wave.. Regardless of which side your are on? Haha..

I would opt waving over nodding, because:

#1 It's hard to tell if your nod is being acknowledged (you have to look at the person nodding, that's hard to see, and take your eyes off the road unnecessarily)
#2 I can just wave without looking at the person, and it won't matter if the other rider doesn't acknowledge it since I'm focused on the road anyway

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
I wave at just about anyone, gave a wave to scooter on the highway yesterday...I was more amazed to see the guy pushing 70mph than anything.
I tend to not wave at the polaris slingshot drivers, in my area its really popular to rent those and the people driving them tend to do so in a very aggressive and douchy manner. I also dont really wave at the guys riding older mopeds in my area too, typically they're folks who had one too many DUI's or unlicensed, possibly undocumented too, who also drive them in a less than favorable manner.
Beyond that, I love getting waves from sport bike riders. Whenever I get one I'm like "Oh! He doesnt hate me for riding a cruiser!"

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I give the two-finger salute, but that doesn't translate well in the UK and/or Europe. I salute/wave at any riders. Some riders don't, some don't to scooter riders, and some do. It depends if we each see one another clearly coming from a distance as oppose to passing on a curve, or in pockets of traffic.

When both riders see one another and one salutes, but the other doesn't (and I get that a lot on my scooter), one has to wonder as to why?

Wolf

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I don't get wave backs sometimes, but I think I wait to late sometimes. Other times its a harley or cruiser that doesn't wave back. I'll have to say that pretty much every sports bike waves back to me. I even got a supermoto to wave back :)

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
We wave here in South Africa, seen some waves while stopped at a red light.
I tend to greet everyone from scooters to cruisers, when it rains we're all in the same boat!

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
We wave here in South Africa, seen some waves while stopped at a red light.
I tend to greet everyone from scooters to cruisers, when it rains we're all in the same boat!

Sorry for the late night post, I meant
"We nod here in South Africa, seen some waves while stopped at a red light"

• Haha

blipblip

Wannabie Member
Apr 20, 2019
England
I ride a
zx10r
From the U.K. here :D depending what mood I am in. I will nod, wave, put my Leg out, peace symbol and actually say hello granted we are able
To hear each other which is very rare That includes trikes and anything 3 wheeled etc.

Waving can be dangerous though as I have a friend who hit a pole cause he waved at someone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
In the UK I tend to nod or just nip to one side. Scooters, bikes, trikes and we do sometimes get a quad or two

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Wave, nod, two fingers, rev up the engine... all works here. Most cruiser dudes also do this. A lot of classy vespa riders do this as well. other/peasant scooters usually don't wave thinking they won't get anything back. If you wave at me I'll happily return the gesture! I don't get why people get salty over the type of bike you ride or the displacement tbh

Reactions: R-Rated

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Here we nod. But there are unwritten rules.

1. You no't nod at scooter riders.
2. You nod at Harley riders (Because they could be criminals and you might need their help one day), but don't expect one back.
3. You don't nod at a 3 wheeler, unless they nod 1st.
4. You only not at police when you want to get pulled over.
5. If a little kid looks at you, you nod and rev your engine.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts