Watch out for phishing...

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Not sure if this needs to be in a certain section but in the couple of weeks I have received the email below pretending to be AdSense and one pretending to be YouTube.

At least the hackers are using gmail to try to look more official. Seriously though, I thought I would share this type of stuff so we all can stay informed.

20200106_065218.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I get so much spam and phishing emails I have everything filtered to go in my junk now and just pull the emails I do want out of the junk folder. I hear of so many folk getting scammed, kinda scary.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I get so much spam and phishing emails I have everything filtered to go in my junk now and just pull the emails I do want out of the junk folder. I hear of so many folk getting scammed, kinda scary.
These passed my McAfee and IP filters to find my inbox so the bad guys are getting smarter.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I've seen youtubers get notices that their video got taken down, with a big "click here" to fix the problem. Link basically hijacks your YT session. But hey at least you're large enough to have a target on your back :cool: (kidding)

NEVER assume an email with a link is legitimate, EVER. Unless its a Nigerian prince offering you billions, then maybe hear the guy out:p

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
These passed my McAfee and IP filters to find my inbox so the bad guys are getting smarter.
I suspect because the email account that sent you the email, is new and has not been flagged as a "bad email address" by anti-viruses yet.

Reactions: R-Rated

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Yeah loads of this stuff going about, HMRC and DVLA are favourites just now. Everyday at work there are numerous reports of folk falling foul of them.

The one show did an article about the new scams the companies are doing by hacking the auto recognition feature of phones whereby it displays a company name as if it is is a contact in your phone despite you not having saved the number. This leads folk to believe it is from the genuine company (most commonly banks), and so they do whatever they are asked.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I only get mails from companies that want to sell me views, likes and/or subscribers.

Maybe they notice the longevity of my channel and the small numbers it makes, and they see an easy target?
Don't know, DELETE xD

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts