General Wales Motorcycle Tour

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Looks like my numbers have come up, so I can finally subject you to one of my videos! :D

Finished this vid last month after some long drawn out editing. It presents the highlights of a recent motorcycle trip my family and I undertook in August this year to Wales. Doing our best to get some biking adventures despite the pandemic and crappy weather.

The footage was mainly shot on a Drift Ghost X and a few some bits on my Motorola G5 phone. Audio is using a Purple Panda lavalier mic and editing is all in iMovie. Except for one shot I screwed up with the Drift lens at a stupid angle and needed a mate to rotate it in Adobe Premiere (iMovie only does 90 degree rotations).

Would love to get your feedback, constructive critique and anything else you can suggest to improve things.

Personally, I found many shots had too much vibration, the Ghost X has no stabilisation and post-process stabilisation seems to introduce lots of artefacts, so I used it very minimally. I've since purchased a GoPro Hero 9 to address this. In hindsight, I wish I took more shots off the bike to mix things up, random foley, scenery etc and not just still photos. Maybe even shot some ride-bys.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video!

• Love
Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Looks like my numbers have come up, so I can finally subject you to one of my videos....
....Would love to get your feedback, constructive critique and anything else you can suggest to improve things.
Hey @Arfa Wales is an incredible place to visit and explore on a motorbike, looks like you had mixed weather, but def made the most of it. I have ridden a few of the roads on your trip and loved them.... especially heading to Caernarfon Castle which is one of my favourite of the Welsh castles.

Only real feedback would be the audio levels, to me and just my opinion, others most likely will disagree, the music was around double the volume I'd want to listen to in relation to your voice, so maybe drop that down, or boost your voice up a bit, that was both with the voiceover bits and on bike audio.
It was also a lot of distance and scenery to take in too, you could have maybe split it into separate vids for each days ride, although the pace on this worked and didn't feel overly long.
I thought I'd already subbed to your channel as I had already watched the video and commented on it, but I wasn't.... I am now! :D

Reactions: HRMV

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Only real feedback would be the audio levels, to me and just my opinion, others most likely will disagree, the music was around double the volume I'd want to listen to in relation to your voice, so maybe drop that down, or boost your voice up a bit, that was both with the voiceover bits and on bike audio.

Got it and noted. I'll double-check that on future vids. I think I'm usually leaving iMovie to automatically lower the audio of backing tracks by the default amount, I'll try tweaking that a bit. That said, I'm not the most confident of speakers and I'm often criticised for being too quiet, I've been trying to work on it, but I'm sure I could improve further.

Thanks for sub BTW!

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm often criticised for being too quiet, I've been trying to work on it, but I'm sure I could improve further.
Your narrative and enthusiasm can be heard in your voice, not many folk can do nice to listen to voiceovers, but I think you are one of the few that can, so I very much hope that boosts your confidence, you can use the editor to boost the volume, your voice is nice and natural, so I'd not stress about that at all! :)

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I enjoyed it. I very much enjoy touring videos, especially of places I have not been that are far away from me. Thanks for sharing!

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
Hi buddy. Nice trip and the video overall. Talking about possible advice. First of all forget iMovie, use the proper software to edit your video. There are even some good free options like Davinci Resolve or Hitfilm Express which offer loads more features than iMovie. Next thing as Pete said - audio levels. You are simply too quiet. On top of that you can do a bit of practice as well and try to talk louder and clearer as you sound a bit quiet and shy. If you are going to practice it would feel weird for yourself but later it will start to be easier and you will learn how to sound better. Last thing is - don't move your head all the time or position your camera elswhere. There is too much movement of the camera all the time. But those are small niggles, I still enjoyed your video ;) I like that you show the book with the maps and explain what's going on. Overall it is interesting to watch. cheers.

Reactions: Arfa
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Members Vlogs 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts