Voice overs or separate voice recording...

thelensman

Vlogger in spirit
Oct 3, 2021
www.thelensmanin.me
I ride a
Royal Enfield Himalayan
How do you do it?

Doing retakes is harder so voice overs may be a lot simpler. Im thinking I can record using the gopros raw recording that spits out a seperate audio file, use a mirrorless camera with a boom mic or lapel or use my old Zoom H1 .

What do you think?

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
When I have done voice over bits, I plug a mic into the computer and record into the editing software as a voice over. Depending on what you edit with, you should have that option. Premiere Pro and Resolve both have that option, others should as well.

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I either use my headset at the PC or just record another video/audio file and drop it over or in place of the original audio. My headset has a pretty compressed sound, so I prefer using the original camera or audio recorder if possible. Even in the same basic environment if I'm capturing outdoors audio.
Most editors will let you separate video and audio from a clip. This way you can retain the same sound as the original by using the same equipment.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I use a Snowball mic. Of the software I use, PowerDirector (both pc and android) and Premiere allow audio recording right into the editing screens.

I have done it on my Sportster S review. I bet if you have some really great footage with no talking you could mix in the narration so that it seems you were speaking as the footage was recorded.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts