Vlogging in Public

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Hey guys, I'm a new motovlogger and I had a couple questions. Do you guys strictly stick to motovlogging on your bike or do you guys also vlog off your bike?

And how do you guys get the courage to vlog in public especially when there is people around?

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Hey guys, I'm a new motovlogger and I had a couple questions. Do you guys strictly stick to motovlogging on your bike or do you guys also vlog off your bike?

And how do you guys get the courage to vlog in public especially when there is people around?
I have not done much in public, but i have done some stuff off the bike.

Bearded Bobber had a good line in his newer video "None of these people know me or know what the hell I'm doing" my take on that is: Don't be afraid to do it. They don't know you and will probably forget about it in a few minutes.

If you are talking to your phone, people here in the US anyway don't even pay attention. I could imagine if you had a camera crew it might draw attention. It is uncomfortable I will say, I felt odd with the camera out last week at the track, we did a quick intro and I wore helmet and chest cam to see which one would be better. Plus we didn't have anyone to run the big camera so we had to take turns while the other was on the track. We got some decent footage but nothing to write home about. No one paid attention when we were doing the talking head portion but it was a bit uncomfortable.

Reactions: CafeBrakes

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It is something that gets easier with practice, I get self conscious in public, but weirdly I get more self conscious vlogging when my mates are watching.
In my previous career I used to have to give training briefs to new submariners in the RN about my kit and systems. Although I knew the subject matter quite well, it would give me the sweats having to do it. In my current job I have to train people on our companies systems and do inductions, and don't have an issue with it at all. The difference being that I served with the trainees so felt they might judge me, where as in my current employment, I don't care about their opinion of me as they are just people. Guess what I am saying is don't worry about what the strangers think if they see you vlogging and you'll find them less of an issue! :)

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I see, thank you guys for the input. I guess these kind of things take time. I've vlogged in public before and been fortunate to run into nice people.

Sometimes it's funny walking around with a camera but usually I pretend I'm just talking to someone which in reality I technically am.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
The trick is to act like that crazy person I see on every block yelling into their phone about their personal hygeine/STD issue to someone who doesn't give a shit that everyone can hear their business.

On a serious note, repetition helps a ton to get over the "stage fright" of talking to the camera in front of strangers/crowds. Having a plan or even a script can also help a ton to eleviate the stress/anxiety of speaking around people.

gravyboat

Wannabie Member
Jul 15, 2019
I ride a
2008 Honda CBR600RR
I have really bad anxiety in general so I have yet to vlog in public. But I have almost (I think) no issue vlogging while riding. Definitely agreeing with everyone else here. It took me awhile to even learn how to ride my CBR, but I kept doing it and doing it. Now, I rarely kill the bike and start up hills. Just have to keep doing it over and over.

This works with stocks/crypto as well. Called Dollar Cost Averaging. Seems to be a thing I have seen all throughout life.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
@gravyboat From the motovloggers I have spoken to, we all seem to have this very natural anxiety. I was speaking to a large motovlogger recently and he said the same... motovlogging is a way we can use to overcome that to an extent! :)

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
To help with your anxiety of vlogging in public, go to a tourist spot and vlog about the area. Its not unusual to see tourists filming for holiday, so nobody will think its strange and you can build up your confidence.

As others have said, most people are in their own bubble.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I once stopped at the end of road to film, middle of nowhere, takes me 20 mins to setup and I see nobody. As I start recording, I see someone in the distance walking down the road to me. I panic, start packing up to leave. Turns out they lived in the house at the end of the road and it took me so long to packup, that they walked right past me.

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I once stopped at the end of road to film, middle of nowhere, takes me 20 mins to setup and I see nobody. As I start recording, I see someone in the distance walking down the road to me. I panic, start packing up to leave. Turns out they lived in the house at the end of the road and it took me so long to packup, that they walked right past me.

i feel you man, I panic all the time when I see people coming near me when I vlog. In your case, seemed like you panicked because you might've thought they were going to do something to you. lol

• Haha
Reactions: WheelyPerd

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
i feel you man, I panic all the time when I see people coming near me when I vlog. In your case, seemed like you panicked because you might've thought they were going to do something to you. lol
Yeah dude, I honestly didnt see the house, which is why I filmed there. So thought the person was coming my way to ask me to leave (which does happen here, as some private roads are not so private).
Haha but moral of the story, people are doing their own thing.

Reactions: CafeBrakes

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Most of the stuff is on the bike, or in home, in the garden.

I did do 3 vlogs while walking in a zoo/aquarium and airport.
It was weird, but quickly noticed nobody gives a shit, so got a bit easier.
Still felt uncomfortable, so it might never go away.
Also really depends on your personality for sure.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts