General Visiting an abandoned village (Doel)

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
About 2 weeks ago i joined a ride out to an abandoned village in Belgium.
The village itself still has a few people living in there, as they refuse to get sold out by the government.
Quite an interesting city, which attracts more and more tourist every year.

This was my first visit, and it was quite an amazing place to visit.

Might revisit it with better weather and do a vlog about the story, if people are interested in that stuff ;)

"Doel is threatened with complete demolition due to the future enlargement of the Port of Antwerp. This has seen many people having to sell their homes to the development corporation of that enlargement. Many historic buildings will be destroyed. The village has many historic buildings, including the oldest stone windmill of the country (1611), and the only windmill on a sea wall. "

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I would def be interested in a video about the city, why it is the way it is and what it's future holds.

Reactions: Meifesto

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
About 2 weeks ago i joined a ride out to an abandoned village in Belgium.
The village itself still has a few people living in there, as they refuse to get sold out by the government.
Quite an interesting city, which attracts more and more tourist every year.

This was my first visit, and it was quite an amazing place to visit.

Might revisit it with better weather and do a vlog about the story, if people are interested in that stuff ;)

"Doel is threatened with complete demolition due to the future enlargement of the Port of Antwerp. This has seen many people having to sell their homes to the development corporation of that enlargement. Many historic buildings will be destroyed. The village has many historic buildings, including the oldest stone windmill of the country (1611), and the only windmill on a sea wall. "
Never heard of this place but is the type of place that catches my attention. Look forward to watching this one and any future vids.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Never heard of this place but is the type of place that catches my attention. Look forward to watching this one and any future vids.

Thanks.

I have a handful of people who are (semi)interested in the origin story of Doel, so when the sun gets out and temp is above 15 c. i will be riding back to Doel ;)

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Thanks.

I have a handful of people who are (semi)interested in the origin story of Doel, so when the sun gets out and temp is above 15 c. i will be riding back to Doel ;)
Superb, look forward to learning more.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts