Septic Tank..... Yank???

But shouldn't you call yours "Cons vs Septics" ??? :D

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
Wow this idea is cooooool, and my hand is firmly in the air, I am interested!!

If anyone wants to do a USA/Aus/UK wherever you're from... to Ireland (Flex & Freedom aka...MEEE) virtual motovlog hit me up for sure.

Sounds like a fun idea!

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Yeah, @Dewey316 and I were going to do some testing like 2 months ago, but we still haven't gotten around to figuring it out yet LOL. Dewey... we should really get on this. And now the Irish wanna be involved, so it's gone International!

-John

Reactions: YBGuy

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
Ya we do. It's just coordination thing. Because of the timezones we need to do it on a weekend. I think this week you and I should plan the sit in our living rooms test, and make sure we can get the audio synced up.

Reactions: Drakhen99 and YBGuy

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
Yeah, @Dewey316 and I were going to do some testing like 2 months ago, but we still haven't gotten around to figuring it out yet LOL. Dewey... we should really get on this. And now the Irish wanna be involved, so it's gone International!

-John
I'm still down to test this out too, but is it okay if I wear a helmet? I have not given away my identity yet. ; ) Kind of like Gemini Motovlogs or Cyclecruza if you have seen their channels.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I'm still down to test this out too, but is it okay if I wear a helmet? I have not given away my identity yet. ; ) Kind of like Gemini Motovlogs or Cyclecruza if you have seen their channels.

As long as you're wearing a shirt & pants, I don't care what else you wear... but this test is probably going to be us just recording on our vlogging setups and sharing the footage afterwards via google drive or something, and then I offer to download it all and do a quick edit as a feasibility study, so it won't be shown to the public - just the 3 of us. I'll upload it to my channel and leave it unlisted and only share the links with the participants.

OPSEC is my middle name. No really, I had it legally changed. My folks can't even find me! :D

-John

• Haha

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
As long as you're wearing a shirt & pants, I don't care what else you wear... but this test is probably going to be us just recording on our vlogging setups and sharing the footage afterwards via google drive or something, and then I offer to download it all and do a quick edit as a feasibility study, so it won't be shown to the public - just the 3 of us. I'll upload it to my channel and leave it unlisted and only share the links with the participants.

OPSEC is my middle name. No really, I had it legally changed. My folks can't even find me! :D

-John
LoL, of course I'll wear clothes, that's funny.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a

-John
Timothy Long and I got to go out and do a regular Dual Vlog, I thought it went pretty well. My footage will be publicly released next week sometime, but the video is available now under my "Rides" playlist. That video took me about 2 weeks on and off to edit (about 25 hours). But now that I have my work flow down. I think I could edit the next video in about a week. Dedicating a couple hours a night to it, so a 20-30 minute Dual Vlog could be edited in about 10-14 hours.

Would be interesting to see how long our Virtual VLog would take.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Timothy Long and I got to go out and do a regular Dual Vlog, I thought it went pretty well. My footage will be publicly released next week sometime, but the video is available now under my "Rides" playlist. That video took me about 2 weeks on and off to edit (about 25 hours). But now that I have my work flow down. I think I could edit the next video in about a week. Dedicating a couple hours a night to it, so a 20-30 minute Dual Vlog could be edited in about 10-14 hours.

Would be interesting to see how long our Virtual VLog would take.

I don't intend to be mean, more curious - what took so long? I just finished up a 3-part series that totals about 30m of rendered video, and it took me about 7 hours by my count. I've spent 16 hours editing a video before, but even that was a marathon and I don't like to put that much time into a 15m video.

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
I don't intend to be mean, more curious - what took so long? I just finished up a 3-part series that totals about 30m of rendered video, and it took me about 7 hours by my count. I've spent 16 hours editing a video before, but even that was a marathon and I don't like to put that much time into a 15m video.

-John
Not at all! Was your video edit a Dual VLog? Going back and forth between two video streams and two audio streams and then cutting them together just right, then going back and changing things sometimes adds to the editing clock for me.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Not at all! Was your video edit a Dual VLog? Going back and forth between two video streams and two audio streams and then cutting them together just right, then going back and changing things sometimes adds to the editing clock for me.

No, it was a single vlog, dual camera.

The only "dual vlog" I did was with @Dewey316 , but I showed both of us for the whole thing.

I imagine it would be similar to a multicam vlog edit, but instead of only switching camera angles, you're switching audio tracks too, unless 1 mic picked up both riders. I forgot that with multiple mics and cameras, it can't be as easy as 1 mic, 2 cameras.

I forget what editor you're using, but I thought it was Resolve... did you set up the footage in a multicam clip and then edit that? You could scrub through, find the start point, then move along, editing as you go, and then when you get to a pause in the speaking of Rider 1, switch to Rider 2 until they're done talking, then move back. OR, you could set it up as a regular timeline, duplicate that in case of any oopsies in editing, and then edit the dupe, going along based on waveform to switch angles and audio tracks, again looking for pauses in the audio waveform.

I'm just spit-balling here, so I don't know if that's how you did it or how it's supposed to be done, but those are the ideas in my head.

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
No, it was a single vlog, dual camera.

The only "dual vlog" I did was with @Dewey316 , but I showed both of us for the whole thing.

I imagine it would be similar to a multicam vlog edit, but instead of only switching camera angles, you're switching audio tracks too, unless 1 mic picked up both riders. I forgot that with multiple mics and cameras, it can't be as easy as 1 mic, 2 cameras.

I forget what editor you're using, but I thought it was Resolve... did you set up the footage in a multicam clip and then edit that? You could scrub through, find the start point, then move along, editing as you go, and then when you get to a pause in the speaking of Rider 1, switch to Rider 2 until they're done talking, then move back. OR, you could set it up as a regular timeline, duplicate that in case of any oopsies in editing, and then edit the dupe, going along based on waveform to switch angles and audio tracks, again looking for pauses in the audio waveform.

I'm just spit-balling here, so I don't know if that's how you did it or how it's supposed to be done, but those are the ideas in my head.

-John
Wow, this is a hard one to reply to in one post. But for lining up the material we used the 3 hand clap approach. That helped with making sure audio and video were synced up then I just start hacking at the video from there. Also three horn honks works as well.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. I would try other things but I have been using Adobe Premiere for so long I am just used to it.

On the positive side editing note, I can edit a 'Passing Traffic Tue" video in under 60 minutes.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Gotcha, undestood, good copy.

I use the 3-clap approach to lining up my own cameras, so a very similar setup. My wife was donating a bunch of stuff and she had a clapboard she was going to get rid of, so of course THAT didn't make it into the donate pile ... I absconded with it and will use it as a prop in some videos :D

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, I bet APP has a multicam setup that may help, but if you're already lining the videos up, I bet my theoretical technique would be handy for multiple mics.

-John

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
3 clap approach? You know a two clap approach would be much more efficient... a real time saver... :)

I lied. I actually do a 5-clap approach. I blame my OCD.

-John

• Haha

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts