Unashamed Channel Promo Give Away

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I have a near new Drift Ghost X. Perfect little camera, with perfect box and peripherals.
Nothing wrong with it, it's my No.3 after my Sony FDRX3000 and my new Drift Ghost XL. I've decided, being a gadget freak that I'd like to replace this X with a new XL so I can have a matching pair of XL's for front and rear use. It's only money, I can't take it with me etc etc.

Now, as I approach my first YouTube birthday I see my channel is taking shape, as is my content (in my opinion - LOL) to the extent I'm happy to promote it a little. I'm thinking of setting a subscriber target, and once it's reached doing a LIVE FEED COMPUTERISED LIVE DRAWER of all my subscribers to pick a winner. The risks are that once I do the drawer, some fickle one's will obviously jump ship if they don't win however I am confident that I'll retain quite a few and I think it's a risk worth taking to get my defensive riding tips out there.

I'm not decided on the subscriber count target yet, and the date of the drawer depends how quick people jump aboard. Could take two weeks, two months or even a year. I don't mind the postage costs to anywhere in the world and it might just create another motovlogger!

What are the collective thoughts? Worth a punt?

Neil (The Rider Guider)

Reactions: suigetzui and HRMV

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I think i did a give away at 100, also to get a little boost, and after the give away i actually had a small spike.
Probably people who wanted to be ready for the 200 sub give away or whatever.

So, mine didn't dropped, but boosted a little bit ;)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Giveaways are a tough one, I'm giving away a GoPro Hero 5 soon. You need to make it in a way that gets you longer term views from those entering. You also need to have clear rules and enforce them. I gave away a cheap drone a while back and so many folk cried that they hadn't been entered when they hadn't done the simplest of tasks.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Giveaways are a tough one, I'm giving away a GoPro Hero 5 soon. You need to make it in a way that gets you longer term views from those entering. You also need to have clear rules and enforce them. I gave away a cheap drone a while back and so many folk cried that they hadn't been entered when they hadn't done the simplest of tasks.
Yeh I’m gonna have to make it simple! I’m looking at some of the other ‘riding tips’ channels with 200K and I’m sure I can get a few hundred in my stable! Either way, like I said above I’m hoping once I get a few more subs they’ll stick around long term as long as I keep improving my content, stay consistent and keep chatting! I’ve seen some channels growing bloody fast as in hundreds of subs a week! I reckon if I promote a give away clever enough I could push for three hundred more! I have some marketing ideas! Lol. 1 in 500 chance of a free motovlogging kit for just two clicks? I’d like them odds for a chance of a freebie! ;)

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I'm at 153 subs and still thinking about how I could do a giveaway. I want it to be worth it for the subscribers, but I don't want to give away something super expensive at first either. I was think maybe some free Merch like a shirt or something. What do you guys think?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm at 153 subs and still thinking about how I could do a giveaway. I want it to be worth it for the subscribers, but I don't want to give away something super expensive at first either. I was think maybe some free Merch like a shirt or something. What do you guys think?
Stickers is a good giveaway when at low numbers as you can give out a few to your regular commenters at low ish cost to yourself.

Reactions: HRMV

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Honestly,
I think my first give-away was quite big. But full time job and still living at home, so there was room ;)
I sended a box full of dutch food and stuff to the winner (thriumfant in the US if remember correctly)

Second one was smaller, and limited to the eu.
And the last 2 give-aways were sponsored so that was way more easier, and didn't need to hit a milestone for it xD

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I've just (last night) done a tease pic of my Give Away ...... gonna make it worldwide, free postage, winner takes all. I'll be putting up some conditions in the next few days with a Video (on YouTube) of how it's expected to work to make it absolutely 100% fair. A few details to iron out first but nothing critical. I think I'll do a live draw - should be a good laugh!

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Make sure you have a way to verify the winner via social media! :)
That's exactly my thinking too matey. It has to be totally legit. Growth already on the channel, I'll give it four or five days before I set a target/draw date. Might go crazy, might not, but thinking a nice Christmas time draw. Could end up with 100 more subs, or even 300 more. Sky's the limit. I best get some more content up to cement the new subscribers in place! :)

Reactions: HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Giveaways are a great idea and as @HippoDrone said as long as you can set rules and maybe a way of retaining new subs for a while, it is worth doing.

Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Don't mean to put anyone down or offend anyone but personally I would like to you to ask yourself:

#1 Why do I want to do a giveaway?
#2 Will the cost of the giveaway give a good return of investment to you?

Question #1 is generally to see the purpose of why you want to do that giveaway, is it to show appreciation, or to grab subs/views, or other reasons.

Question #2 is to see why you want to giveaway something, especially if it is a pricey (expensive) item, what returns are you expecting. i.e. If you gave away a $200 camera you expect 1k or 3k or 5k subs in return? Or you are using your YT earnings for the giveaway so there is no direct cost to you, and you are showing your appreciation to those that have supported you? Or maybe the giveaway cost can boost your earnings much more than the cost so you spend money to make more money?

I have not done any giveaways primarily because I feel it's tough to come up with fair set of rules, plus prior to the giveaway I need to be doing promos about the giveaway in order to get people's attention beforehand and that is another effort by itself, so I just decided to skip doing giveaways (at this point in time, future who knows), till I sort out a way which I'm comfortable to do giveaway.

I could be really really stupid for not doing giveaways which could probably boost me so much more soaking up all that subs and views, but it's a choice I made and yeah even if it's a stupid one I'm OK with it.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Don't mean to put anyone down or offend anyone but personally I would like to you to ask yourself:

#1 Why do I want to do a giveaway?
#2 Will the cost of the giveaway give a good return of investment to you?

Question #1 is generally to see the purpose of why you want to do that giveaway, is it to show appreciation, or to grab subs/views, or other reasons.

Question #2 is to see why you want to giveaway something, especially if it is a pricey (expensive) item, what returns are you expecting. i.e. If you gave away a $200 camera you expect 1k or 3k or 5k subs in return? Or you are using your YT earnings for the giveaway so there is no direct cost to you, and you are showing your appreciation to those that have supported you? Or maybe the giveaway cost can boost your earnings much more than the cost so you spend money to make more money?

I have not done any giveaways primarily because I feel it's tough to come up with fair set of rules, plus prior to the giveaway I need to be doing promos about the giveaway in order to get people's attention beforehand and that is another effort by itself, so I just decided to skip doing giveaways (at this point in time, future who knows), till I sort out a way which I'm comfortable to do giveaway.

I could be really really stupid for not doing giveaways which could probably boost me so much more soaking up all that subs and views, but it's a choice I made and yeah even if it's a stupid one I'm OK with it.
I'm purely trying to boost my subs, and get the brand noticed a little more. I don't think there's an easy way to get my content up in to the Top 20 suggested video's after tapping 'Defensive Riding' in to the search field. The more subs I get, the more will be organically created afterwards (I believe) ...... when I see channels with 200K subs doing content that's not 100,000% better than mine I need to find a way to tap in to them subscribers, I hope my content will take off eventually. My goal is for the channel to maybe make $50 a week for when I retire in eight or nine years, (if YT are still a viable earning point) to subsidise the pension and having the channel then will also keep me out of mischief haha. I can afford to gift this camera and use the exercise as an experiment to see how it goes. To be fair I've gained fifty subs in the last month however half of them were before I did the GiveAway promo. It's started to drop off again to just a slow and steady increase, but not as fast growing as I'd like just currently. I'm gonna revise my initial (ambitious target) of 500 subs down to a reasonable 300 or 350 and then do the draw. Not sure how long it'll take but I'm thinking the channel needs some boosting and this is a good way to do it for me. I'd rather create a smile on someone's face than pay Zuckerberg to 'boost' it via Facebook or Insta advertising. So it's pretty much as we all know, the long game. If this works I'll then see the channel grow steadily without much more financial investment as I keep creating my content. If it falls on its arse I've not lost a great deal and someone got a nice prize :D :)

Reactions: HRMV and SighBored

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I'm purely trying to boost my subs, and get the brand noticed a little more. I don't think there's an easy way to get my content up in to the Top 20 suggested video's after tapping 'Defensive Riding' in to the search field. The more subs I get, the more will be organically created afterwards (I believe) ...... when I see channels with 200K subs doing content that's not 100,000% better than mine I need to find a way to tap in to them subscribers, I hope my content will take off eventually. My goal is for the channel to maybe make $50 a week for when I retire in eight or nine years, (if YT are still a viable earning point) to subsidise the pension and having the channel then will also keep me out of mischief haha. I can afford to gift this camera and use the exercise as an experiment to see how it goes. To be fair I've gained fifty subs in the last month however half of them were before I did the GiveAway promo. It's started to drop off again to just a slow and steady increase, but not as fast growing as I'd like just currently. I'm gonna revise my initial (ambitious target) of 500 subs down to a reasonable 300 or 350 and then do the draw. Not sure how long it'll take but I'm thinking the channel needs some boosting and this is a good way to do it for me. I'd rather create a smile on someone's face than pay Zuckerberg to 'boost' it via Facebook or Insta advertising. So it's pretty much as we all know, the long game. If this works I'll then see the channel grow steadily without much more financial investment as I keep creating my content. If it falls on its arse I've not lost a great deal and someone got a nice prize :D :)

Very detailed and honest answer. I know nothing about earning from youtube, and doubt my channel will get that point but with the right determination and commitment am sure you will pal.

Regarding the giveaway I think it's a great way to promote the channel and gain some subs hopefully who will stay after the giveaway has been done.

Good luck pal.

• Love
Reactions: Riderguide

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Very detailed and honest answer. I know nothing about earning from youtube, and doubt my channel will get that point but with the right determination and commitment am sure you will pal.

Regarding the giveaway I think it's a great way to promote the channel and gain some subs hopefully who will stay after the giveaway has been done.

Good luck pal.
Forgot to say that's another sub in your bank lol.

• Love
Reactions: Riderguide

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts